Where is the 2nd gray water dump valve handle?

I just bought a new Sundance 277xlt. At my first dump stop, hooked up the hose, pulled the handle for the black water, then one handle for gray water, and then the problem. There were no other handles? Looked at the gauge and it said one gray water tank was still part full. I am 2000 miles from the dealer where I bought the trailer so I can't take it back there to get an answer.

Should there be a total of 3 handles or just 2? There was an empty hole through the frame next to the gray water handle. Is that where the other handle goes?

jimtoo

Hi seattletom,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

Hopefully someone that has a Sundance like yours will jump in soon and give you an answer.

Jim M

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Does your guage have two separate grey water indicators, or just one? The indicators are very unreliable. Most of the rigs have only one black pull and one grey pull (except for some bunkhouse or toyhauler models).

branson4020

Icantre Member
Does your guage have two separate grey water indicators, or just one? The indicators are very unreliable. Most of the rigs have only one black pull and one grey pull (except for some bunkhouse or toyhauler models).

Doesn't your LM have 2 grey dump valves? MY BH certainly does.

jimtoo

The post is referring to a Sundance, not Big Horn.

I just bought a new Sundance 277xlt. At my first dump stop, hooked up the hose, pulled the handle for the black water, then one handle for gray water, and then the problem. There were no other handles? Looked at the gauge and it said one gray water tank was still part full. I am 2000 miles from the dealer where I bought the trailer so I can't take it back there to get an answer.

Should there be a total of 3 handles or just 2? There was an empty hole through the frame next to the gray water handle. Is that where the other handle goes?

Was just looking a specs on Heartland RVs site,,, xlt 277rl is only showing 1 gray tank and 1 black tank.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Doesn't your LM have 2 grey dump valves? MY BH certainly does.

I think that Bob was referring to Gus' comment that most rigs only have one black and one gray pull (except for some bunkhouses or toyhaulers. Our Landmark has 1 black and 2 grey as well. (not just bunkhouses & toyhaulers in other words.)

AnnR

We have 3 handles on our Sundance 3200 FK - one black and 2 gray. My husband does the dumping :D so I can't be real specific, but he said our second gray tank handle is away from the black and first gray tank handles, closer to the front (hitch end) of the trailer. Our kitchen is at the front, bathroom near the middle, so that makes sense in our trailer - the gray tank by itself is the kitchen sink, the gray tank by the black tank is the bathroom sink and shower. I don't know how your trailer is set up, but the one you emptied by the black tank was probably your bathroom tank, so look at the front or back (or middle), wherever your kitchen sink is located, but still on the back (left?) side of the trailer. I'm confusing myself with front and back! Basically I'm saying look at the location of the kitchen sink, then look for a handle in that area. Good luck!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I think that Bob was referring to Gus' comment that most rigs only have one black and one gray pull (except for some bunkhouses or toyhaulers. Our Landmark has 1 black and 2 grey as well. (not just bunkhouses & toyhaulers in other words.)

Yep - I was referring to the lightweights, like the XLTs primarily. Should not have thrown in the part about the bunkhouses and toyhaulers. That made it confusing...:eek: