Where is the surge protector on the 2016 Landmark Ashland

jbeletti

How well does a Progressive EMS play with the electrical management system built into the 365 Landmarks?

I don't have the Progressive and I haven't heard on the forum from any LM365 owners who've installed one. But like you, I'm very curious if it plays nice with the Power Control System. I feel they'd make a pretty good marriage of features.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I will be putting mine in in a few weeks and we will see how it works. I noticed when I turn on the inverter power the system sheds all 7 items, then gradually brings them back on 1 at a time taking 1 min 24 sec to bring everything on board, the microwave being the last item. however no delay on shore power and small delay on gen power. Seems to be a neat feature.

Last edited:

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
So where should the EM S be mounted before or after the surge guard I do not have generator or generator prep

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm putting mine in the main line coming from the electric power cord reel right before the first transfer switch..

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ksucats

Having just gotten the LM Key West this thread has been most enlightning. If I read it correctly we do NOT have true surge protection then. This then begs the question -- since I have the external version of the surgeguard, I should continue to use it on this coach? Any potential issues using it that anyone can think of?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes, if you have it use it.
I choose to use the in line version so no one can steal it. Some like the pedestal version so they can move it from rig to rig and its easy to install. Also you can see what's going on with the pedestal before you plug in your RV.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

farside291

I have had the portable 50 amp one for almost 3 years now trouble free. I hook it up first because it takes a couple of minutes before it will pass power to the RV. I have found several pedestals with bad grounds. Also if power drops for what ever reason it won't short cycle your Air Conditioners. There's a couple of minutes pause before it restores power. Keep your receipt, they do have a life time warranty but you need your receipt. I don't have my receipt any more but will still buy another to replace this one if it ever fails. Great product, good peace of mind.

ksucats

Thanks to both of you for your quick responses. Was about to post them for sale (I have both a 30 and a 50 amp one given where we have stayed in the past).