Where to stash a toaster oven when traveling

I have a Breville countertop toaster oven that I want to use when traveling. It fits perfectly on my counter to the left of the stove but I am wondering how to store it when we travel. I also have a Keurig on the counter and have the same issue. We've been parked for a month but are getting ready to leave for a campground hosting position. Any suggestions?

Rodbuster

We put out Keurig in the kitchen sink with 3 or 4 large bath towels wedged in between the unit and the stainless steel walls of the sink. Be sure to place a towel on the bottom of the sink also.
Been doing this for 2 years with no problems at all.

Our toaster oven is in one of the cabinets.

Dick

HornedToad

I leave my Keurig on the counter, pushed back against the wall, and it's never moved an inch. It must have some pretty good rubber feet.

jbeletti

Use a bath towel on a recliner. Set the toaster oven on the towel, then wrap the sides with the towel.

As others have mentioned, often times, you'll find that storing in place on the counter will work. In my experience, when the RV is brand new, the counter tops are very slick. After some use, scratches and scuffs are made in the counter. When that happens, I've found my coffee maker and paper towel holder never move, where when the RV was new, the coffee maker would slide around a bit.

Another trick I've used is that pillowy rubber-like shelf liner. If your toaster oven doesn't put out heat from the bottom, cut a piece of shelf and place under the appliance making sure it extends under the rubber feet of the appliance. This will generally lock the appliance in place.

kowAlski631

We use the non skid drawer liners (inexpensive at Wal-Mart). We've cut several squares we use under items on the kitchen counters that are routinely out as we change locations. When we reach our destination, we quickly roll them up and tuck them away until the next time they're needed.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like you have plenty of options.
I got a piece of some non-slip shelf liner (thanks Betty Dick) and our Keurig stays right on the counter top.
Toaster doesn't get used much so it pretty much stays in a cabinet.

Peace
Dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also have the non-skid shelf liners (the solid ones that are kind of rubbery) on the counter tops and have the Keurig and fruit bowl on top which don't move. The other day I rode inside the camper (not recommended by the states) and was very surprised how well things traveled.

wdk450

I have a 2nd counter at the front end of the kitchen in the Bighorn 3670RL kitchen. I have the Brevile Convection/broiler, a Kitchen Aid Food processor, a 2 cup coffee maker, a coffee grinder and a toaster all on this countertop, sitting on an anti-slip liner. None of those items have fell off the counter during travel in the 6 years I have been RVing. I have had drawers open, and small items fall off of counters, but not any of the appliances fall when travelling. I also have an inductive coopktop that normally sits next to my rangetop, that I put on top of the rangetop secured with a bungee cord when I travel.

Something you may want to consider is what I do for my desk area for travel. I put boxes with misc. electronics stuff and my computer printer on that desktop when I travel. There are other loose small containers, etc. on the desktop, too. I installed plastic curtain rod circle and u-shaped hangar devices on the walls of the desk slide just at tabletop highth, and use a screw-expanding curtain rod to secure the boxes and stuff that rides there. I would think that this idea should be useable in any other counter areas with vertical walls at the ends.

BTW, the people who have installed MorRyde Independent suspension say that they can leave coffee cups on counters safely while travelling.

MCTalley

We have a folding car trunk organizer we use for putting all our kitchen counter items in. Unfold, load up with Keurig and all the other items off the counter, place on floor between slides. Once we get where we are going (assuming it is for more than one night) we pull everything back out and put the items back on the counters. The organizer folds up and stores away in the basement or wherever.

Here's a link on Amazon to what we have (or similar).

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We use the non skid drawer liners (inexpensive at Wal-Mart). We've cut several squares we use under items on the kitchen counters that are routinely out as we change locations. When we reach our destination, we quickly roll them up and tuck them away until the next time they're needed.

That's what we use, cut to fit under our coffee maker and other things that sit on the counter, like the spice rack.

Westwind

Our coffee maker and toaster go in the kitchen cabinet under the sink. I would rather put the stuff away then repair bang/scratched cabinet. In the Northeast the pot holes this year are something to be HOLE! All in the line of travel so you can't avoid them.

Our coffee maker and toaster go in the kitchen cabinet under the sink. I would rather put the stuff away then repair bang/scratched cabinet. In the Northeast the pot holes this year are something to be HOLE! All in the line of travel so you can't avoid them.

WOW; lots of great responses. Thanks so much. I bought two plastic bins to put the oven and Keurig in and will set them on the couch. I will try the shelf liner underneath when I get up the nerve. It's hard to believe they won't bounce around.

We we are leaving in a couple hours for our first trip as full time retirees. Can't wait!!

Last edited:

kowAlski631

Our appliances road on the counters on the nonskid liner on 2 coast to coast round trips with no issues. Enjoy your travels and retirement - it's been great for us!!