Where's my water heater bypass valve on my 2021 Mallard M260?

Number409

We just bought a used 2021 M260 and getting ready to winterize. Where are the water heater bypass valves and which ones do I shut off?

david-steph2018

These should be at the backside of the water heater, 3 total. Inlet bypass to close, outlet bypass to close and one on the line in between to open.

Number409

Thank you! One last question, is there a siphon hose off the water pump to put into pink RV antifreeze, if so where is it on the M260? Sorry for all the questions, I've found Heartland does not have a specific owners manual for M260.

david-steph2018

Should be one on the water pump. If not, you can get a kit from a dealer, like Camping World to add it on.
Here is their version:

If you like you can get this at a different place

MDH2021

On our 2021 M260 it is behind the heater vent outlet below the stove. Unscrew the panel. You should see the pump, antifreeze siphon hose with a valve as well as the freshwater tank line that feeds the pump with shut off valve on it. We close that valve. On our water heater it has two bypass valves, one on cold inlet and hot outlet. They had a label explaining their use as they redirect the flow to the cross connect line between the cold and hot. We use about 2 and a half gallons for the lines, sinks and shower traps, and toilet. We drain the freshwater tank, drain line is under the trailer below the fill inlet on the door side, and do not add antifreeze to it. We open the low point drains under the trailer below the water heater and let them drain. Then close the water heater bypass valves and remove the drain cap and open the temperature/pressure relief valve to empty the water heater. Then we setup the antifreeze jug at the pump. Wife runs the pump while I watch the low point drains for a good flow of antifreeze then close the valves, capturing the water/antifreeze mix in a bucket then dumping it in the toilet. Once the water heater has drained, I close the relief valve and loosely place the drain cap back on. Then we run the hot and cold at the kitchen, bath, toilet, shower, and lastly the outside shower all the while watching the jug at the pump so as not to run it empty. Then close the siphon line valve. We pour antifreeze in the traps and toilet. Note: We had emptied and flushed the galley, grey, and black tanks at our last camping stop so they would only have what antifreeze we run in them.