Which one a BH 3055RL or BC 3250TS

DXprowler

Time to upgrade! Need more room and more storage space for snowbirding. Seriously looking at the BH 3055RL or BC 3250TS. Both have their pluses and minuses. We like the openness of the 3250 with the enclosed bathroom and the king bed is nice in the 3055 along with the desk just to name a few pluses. We're on our way to the dealer to have a closer look at them both tomorrow. We've seen the 3055 firsthand before but the '11 3250 looks awesome in brochure especially with the silver metallic paint job. I believe the roof is laminated as well but not entirely sure what that means?

Opinions graciously accepted!

goldenbetty

goldenbetty
We have the 3055 and love it for many reasons. As you mentioned the King bed first of all, and the rear livingroom We had a rear kitchen on our prior 5er, and glad we made the switch. We shopped for over 4 years before we settled on the BH 3055. We have two A/C, and lots of storage. Computer desk and electric fireplace, and the length (35.6) is just right for us. We don't full-time yet, but we sure could in this unit. Good luck with your decision. We are VERY pleased with our choice. Happy Trails.

jimtoo

Hi DXprowler,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to help when they can.

We have a 3055RL and love it.

Jim M

irvin56

go to heartland site www.heartlandrvs.com
they have the lamination site on their front info area.
Shows how the lamination process works and also on their make sites bc, nt, lm, etc. there is video of the model and tons of info.
I would look them over and investigate some for you info.
I looked at mine and others H.L. models to see how and what was happening before I went to dealer so I knew what each had. then choose what layout YOU LIKE and go for it.

We never looked back and everytime we see SOB it does not measure up.

I'm happy with mine and would buy another in a heart beat

Last edited:

DXprowler

Tnx for the welcome and everyone's comments. I actually signed up here three years ago after my first introduction to Heartland. It was actually the BH 3055 that really impressed me because of it's quality, size and storage space.

One thing about size, goldenbetty mentions 35.6 but the brochure says 34.4. I'm aware that the brochure doesn't take into acount the ladder and the pin box so is 35.4 the total length? Actually we're going to the dealer today to do some measuring today. Have a 38' driveway so want to check this. Also i want to measure the height of the basement to see if it can accommodate storing my carbon fiber road bike (with the front wheel off and using a fork mount). I need a little over 22" for that. Want to check the length of the sofa in the BD 3250. That's very is important too, especially when it comes to stretching out and catching a nap in front of the TV!

Irvin56... tnx for pointing out the link to the lamination process! Somehow I missed that but did see the product videos. Geeeze... the guy doing the BC video had me sold right away, very informative and to the point!

What about the fresh water tank? I would imagine Heartland has addressed that issue. When I first came here there was a problem with some folks not being able to use it to it's full capacity. It was because of it not being able to drain or fill properly. Can't remember exactly!

Should be an interesting day at the dealers! If we do a deal it will be the third one with them. Their web site shows 2-2010 3055's which appear to have been there since the spring. Maybe there's room for a deal?

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
The 3055 is just what fit our needs. Plenty of room and not too long for most state parks. We love ours. Look hard for what YOU want and not at what might work.

DXprowler

Well that didn't take long! We bought the 3250. Measured both of them and found the 3055 to be 36' and the 3250 35' long. The wife really likes the openness of the 3250 and I tend to agree. The bike will fit on fork mounts in the basement no problem. Only issue is the sofa is a bit narrow at 4' 4" as oppossed to 4' 10" (inside measurements) in the 3055. It doesn't bother her so all's good! With the 3250 being a new unit I think the 3055 was priced a bit better but what the heck it boils done to what you can live with! Tnx for the advice and we'll see you all down the road!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Let me say how much we like (love) the 3250. The open room has been real nice when we have several couple in the rig at one time. Lots of room. But no matter which rig you choose, Heartland makes a great product. Enjoy and travel safely.