which tires have you put on a cyclone?

scottyb

I would gladly do the same, but the 235/85/R16 are abt an inch taller, the 245/75R require a 6.5-7" rim, and that leaves me with a 215 width tire. Not sure if I should go that narrow. I have read great things about those XPS tires.

Yes. I used the 235/85's and they were closer than I liked, but never caused any rubbing or chafing issues. If I had it to do over again, I would use the 245/75's. They have the same 6.5" rim requirement as the G 614's and nobody seems to have a problem with them. There have been a few on here that used the Michellin 245/75's. They are very close to the diameter of the Towmax.

2TrakR

Boy do I appreciate your response. I only have 1500 miles of worry free towing (since Carlisles replaced my blowmax). Your 15,000 has given me more confidence. Are yours 12 ply? My tire guy recommended replacement after 3-5 years, but then he sells tires.

Mine are load range F and according to the sidewall they are not 12 ply. I don't recall discussion with him on # of ply. Told him my application, size and load range. The Blowmax were Load Range E.

I think the OEM tires are barely suited for the trailer unloaded. If you were going to buy it, haul from the dealer to your seasonal lot and then put stuff in it, probably not an issue. If you use the thing like most of us here, dragging the trailer around loaded up with your stuff, then the [towmax] are not up to the task.

VAbow

I just pulled the trigger and got the Michelin XPS ribs 245/75. Getting them mounted this week. My tire guy said the same thing about the 6 inch rim. 1/4 inch each side, not a problem.