While at home... RV plugged in? Refer on?

kimsandyb

What do you guys suggest doing when you're not camping and camper is at home under shed? Do you leave it plugged up and keep refrigerator on or do you leave it unplugged with all off?:confused:

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Re: While at home....

Kenny plugs ours in and if we are going some where we leave the refrigerator on if not I clean it and shut it off!!

danemayer

I store ours in a lot with no power so I latch the refrig doors open to circulate air.

If you keep your rig plugged in all the time, check the water in your battery every few weeks to avoid ruining the battery.

brianharrison

I leave it plugged in with fridge on; we can leave stuff in the fridge. We have a smart charger in our unit to reduce battery charge voltage when batteries are fully charged.

I think all cyclones come with 80 amp, not sure if they are PD9100 series or PD9200 series with smart charging technology. If you leave plugged in for long periods of time I highly recommend the charge wizard add on for the PD9100 series chargers to turn it into a smart charger (with lower float voltage charge of 13.2V to reduce battery off gassing). The PD9200 series are already smart chargers from factory.

Hope this helps.

Brian

pegmikef

We leave it hooked up with the fridge on so we don't have to move stuff back and forth from the house. We use it one to two weeks a month.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders

I put in 50amp service and leave ours hooked up and frig running. It stays that way until I winterize it. Also, when we are getting ready to go, cleaning or doing anything else we can fire up the AC and cool it down. (107 here today)

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders

Ours is always plugged in. Depends on how soon our next trip is if we leave the refer on or not. Most often, not!

Sumo

I leave my unplugged. I check the battery every 2 or 3 weeks, add water and charge them as needed. The 5th wheel is stored at my house so no running across town to check battery.
Unless we are using it every other weekend than it plugged in with the fridge on.

robnmo

Ours is plugged in, everything running..............but we're living in it in our driveway the house just doesn't seem like home anymore we spent 2 nights in the house, moved back out to the Cyclone. Anyone wanna buy a house? :)

PeternLiane

We only plug ours in a day or two before we go camping. It costs to much money to leave it plugged in and running the fridge.

truknutt

Committed Member
The Cyclone is plugged in as we speak. Have a trip planned next week so the fridge is stocked and the fantastic fan keeps the inside temps comfy.

rick_debbie_gallant

Ours is plugged in, everything running..............but we're living in it in our driveway the house just doesn't seem like home anymore we spent 2 nights in the house, moved back out to the Cyclone. Anyone wanna buy a house? :)

Sure!! I will even start the bidding! I bid $500.00! (where is the house) Part of my deal, can still keep your cyclone there.

jimmar

We installed a 30 amp at the house and keep the unit plugged in and the air conditioner set at about 85 during the summer months to keep the humidity down. Gets hot and humid here in Florida. We only turn the refrigerator on a day or two before we go camping. Don't keep it plugged in during the winter months.

robnmo

Sure!! I will even start the bidding! I bid $500.00! (where is the house) Part of my deal, can still keep your cyclone there.

That's a start ;) (SE Indiana, 3 acres, lots of deck, pool, 24X60 garage, with RV 50 amp hookup available SOON AS THE PLACE SELLS ;)) Which answers the last question, sorry the Cyclone goes with us, BUT we're picking up our house setters new 3612 Friday it'll be setting beside ours in the driveway maybe he will toss his in with the place. :D:D

kimsandyb

Thanks for all the response! Guess its just personal preference. Only been an RVer since April. Have a 300c and luuuuv it. Been leaving plugged up and ac set at 85. It too gets hot and HUMID in Southern Mississippi.

rick_debbie_gallant

That's a start ;) (SE Indiana, 3 acres, lots of deck, pool, 24X60 garage, with RV 50 amp hookup available SOON AS THE PLACE SELLS ;)) Which answers the last question, sorry the Cyclone goes with us, BUT we're picking up our house setters new 3612 Friday it'll be setting beside ours in the driveway maybe he will toss his in with the place. :D:D

No you misunderstood I think. My bid is for the whole place. but because you have a pool and barn I will up my bid to $1000.00. My offer was that you may keep your cyclone on the property when you are town. Bu the way do you have wifi hooked up