Whisper Quiet A/C

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I wish I knew you wanted to do this Jim. I have the app on my droid and we could have compared it this past weekend between your KL and Micheal's KL.

As you pointed out, these are not a calibrated meter but i bet if you do certain things to control the environment it will be pretty close.

I did find find an anemometer app for the droid. Some how it uses sound waves and can convert it into windspeed. I did not buy it. They wanted 3.99 for it and really question the validity of that.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I work part time since I retired doing Industrial Safety Training and OSHA Pre-Checks through Green Country Tech Center. I'm out in the plants all the time and test their areas for hearing protection requirements. You can calibrate pretty close by using the bedroom with everything off late at night. Dead quiet rooms are around 30dB. It's not exact but close enough.

discomfort level is 140dB
hearing protection is required at 82dB recommended at 70dB sustained
average home 50dB
bedroom at night 30dB
hearing test booth 10dB

wildwolfproducts

Picked it up this afternoon. Brought it home and have already washed it. It shines now! I will try to figure out how to post some pictures on here.

IF you need me to post them just send them by email. Or I can talk you through it. Best way for me is my Photo Bucket http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v693/ShilohRed/ Sign up for this, Then you just copy the URL. Hit the Insert Image on the top bar and hit paste and its done for you. But you can also use the Insert Image above third pick from the end above. Then with the from PC button hit. Pic the file from your PC and its done also.

Hope the rains did not mess up your clean camper. LOL Can't believe it did not shine from the factory?
Pete

wqmiller

No filter that I'm aware of. Heat pump is an option. I ordered mine with it. It's nice.

Jim

Jim,

Just visited Great Lakes RV and did a walk through on a 2013 Landmark San Antonio that we ordered in March. While there one of their technicians told me that two of the vents in the ceiling were return air for the whisper quiet air cons and that inside them are thin foam filters. I did not climb up and verify his comments but he seemed very knowledgeable.....just thought I would pass it along. Maybe you can verify as we don't get the unit delivered until later in the month and we have returned home.

Also, I recall a thread regarding TPO and EPDM roofs but can't seem to locate it on the forum....question: Which roof is used now on the Landmark series? I realize this is off thread so you can answer directly if needed. When at the plant on a tour, I was told that Landmark received the TPO for the roof. I saw the two different roof materials on the rolls....one was textured and one was not - very smooth. Don't know which is which. Any info would be appreciated.

Quinton Miller

DougAndJudy

Jim,

Also, I recall a thread regarding TPO and EPDM roofs but can't seem to locate it on the forum....question: Which roof is used now on the Landmark series? I realize this is off thread so you can answer directly if needed. When at the plant on a tour, I was told that Landmark received the TPO for the roof. I saw the two different roof materials on the rolls....one was textured and one was not - very smooth. Don't know which is which. Any info would be appreciated.

Quinton Miller

Our 2013 Landmark roof is textured.

K

karykatz

Doug and Judy,

We use TPO on full paint Landmarks and EPDM (rubber) on half paint and standard graphics. I hope this helps

wildwolfproducts

Doug and Judy,

We use TPO on full paint Landmarks and EPDM (rubber) on half paint and standard graphics. I hope this helps

Can you tell us why one is better then the other? If the TPO is way better then the EPDM it may make our choice of half body paint to move to full body paint.
Pete

wqmiller

Hello Doug and Judy,

Good on the full body paint. I saw where you commented that your roof was "textured". I also read elsewhere that 'only' the full body paint gets the textured roof which is the newly re-released TPO roof. Our new landmark has the full body paint AND the textured roof so it is consistent with your configuration. I'm guessing that since textured roofs are a beige type color they tend to blend with the painted 5ers. I was trying to determine what roof was on our unit. Thanks for the information.