Who has a Wilderness 2575 RK and what are you towing it with?

LBR

You can never have too much truck. He's already talking about a bigger trailer. LOL
Agreed....when I see an oncoming SRW pulling a 5ver with 3,500 to over 4,000# on the pin, the DW and I make their ears burn. Should they have a blowout on rear of truck, they are endangering our 2 lives, who ever they have in their truck, and the surrounding motorists....get a truck with a set of hips on it, please.....for our safety and yours as well.

Agreed....when I see an oncoming SRW pulling a 5ver with 3,500 to over 4,000# on the pin, the DW and I make their ears burn. Should they have a blowout on rear of truck, they are endangering our 2 lives, who ever they have in their truck, and the surrounding motorists....get a truck with a set of hips on it, please.....for our safety and yours as well.
I would love to have a F350 but at 120,000$ here in Canada and 6$ a gallon for gas it's just a dream. I went to Myrtle Beach about 15 times and saw many F250's there . all plates from Canada were using the F150

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
An F250 or 2500HD would be all the overkill you'll need.

Our previous Heartland Trail Runner weighed around 7800 pounds loaded and when we replaced our old Dodge Ram 1500 with our current Chevy 2500HD (gas engine with 4.10 rear end), our towing went from night to day better.

Especially stopping power!

We've since up graded to a 5th-wheel, which weighs 9860 when loaded, and the 2500 is matched perfectly for the Prowler.

And we pull through the Rocky Mountains for most of our camping trips.

EstesPark-IMG_2845.jpg NewTruckTrailerLevel-IMG_20140918_130913251.jpg ProwlerMonarchPass-P1010480.jpg

...The original post here says what truck are you using to pull a 5500lb travel trailer!! I just said that the Ford F150 that has a rating of close to 12000lbs .
If you want to pull a 5000lb trailer with a F350,450,550 well good for you ________but it is really necessary??

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

LBR

...... The original post here says what truck are you using to pull a 5500lb travel trailer!! I just said that the Ford F150 that has a rating of close to 12000lbs .
If you want to pull a 5000lb trailer with a F350,450,550 well good for you ________but it is really necessary??

Thanks
.....it's ...simply an amplification of another member's post whom I quoted.

My entire statement is directed at those towing heavy FWs (approaching 2 tons of pin weight unsafely IMO) with a SRW pickup.......

Tow with what you want, where you want to.... happy trailering to you and yours.

***EDIT***...apologies to the Moderators...

Last edited: