Who's going to the Escapee's Rally in Sedalia MO ??

SmokeyBare

Parked about 30 Miles South of Sedalia... Our arrival date is Friday... 5/22.

We'll see you at Sedalia gang !

Marv

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
We have 7 escapee's units at Ozark RV park in Mountain View, Ar. They are chapter #42 from Tn. They are making their way to
Sedalia.

Bill

SmokeyBare

For those going to the Escapade in Sedalia...

The area for camping is grass... but it is high ground and very solid... I drove over some of it today.

You will Need a long sewer hose... all the sewer connections are in the back of the RV Sites.

30 Amp connections are behind as well.

There were plenty of water valve connections but these too are at the back of the RV.

Remember to bring plenty of water hose and sewer hose.

If you find you need to add to your sewer hose... Wal-Mart had a few boxes of 10 foot - 3" sewer hose with out ends... way in the back of the store... Clearance area... for $ 4.00 .

Plenty of places to pick up supplies and plenty of places to eat as well. Should be a good time !!

netters1

We will be arriving on the 23rd. Grrr... Here is some info for anyone traveling from the west. The Super WalMart in Warrensburg, Mo will NOT allow any RV overnight parking. I spoke with the assistant manager today and he said they DO NOT allow RV's parking in their lot overnight, but if you wanted to come in to shop you would be allowed to park your rig to buy your items and then be on your way. And then he told me that that decision was in their best interest. I told him I thought that we would be glad to spend our money at another store that was more RV friendly.

jbeletti

That's a bummer Lynette :( I shopped at a Walmart in IL today on I-55. Spent $100. They had many semis in the lot still at 11 am. One RV that was there shopping. My guess is any overnight RVers were already gone.

For reference, the Walmart in Galena, IL also does NOT allow overnight parking for trucks and RVs. Then, it is next door to Palace Campground :eek:

I wish CGs would realize that those coming in off the road at night, in the dark, who plan to leave early the next morning do not require the accommodation of a CG. Just a simple spot in a lot - no hookups.

Jim

netters1

Jim, I would understand if there had been a campground close by, but there isn't one for about 30-40 miles. The assistant manager was very unconcerned about the idea of us needing to find a place for just a few hours of sleep. But if we wanted to shop we could park for about an hour in their lot..lol...I told him that was not going to happen. Mac and I are anxious to meet you at the Escapade.

jbeletti

I hear ya Lynette. I would have acted similarly. In fact, I would have told him he was out of his mind, thinking I would now drop a hundred dollars there after they denied me a few hours of shut-eye. Oh well - their loss. Fortunately, the majority of Walmarts do allow overnighting and sometimes - that is all you need. See you today! I should put in by noon.

Jim