Why aren't the latest models posted.

Bogie

Last night while roaming a dealers web site I saw a listing for a new Sundance XLT model without any pictures. Upon more searching I found other dealers with pics,floorplans and models in stock. It's an XLT 267RL. This model dosn't appear in brochure section of this Forum.

I would think Heartland would want to make this type of info available on this Forum as soon as possible not only perspective owners, but to current owners as a method to foster interest in upgrading to a newer model.

I hope someone responsible for marketing sees this and reacts for not only Sundance line, but the other Heartland lines as well. You are missing an important (and easy) advertising channel!

jbeletti

Joe,

It's my understanding the we intentionally lag the content on the Heartland website a bit. At any given moment, dealers across North America have thousands of our units in their inventories. It's critical to them and to us that they move this inventory. As they sell lot stock, dollars get freed up on their floor plan that allow them to order new stock (most current product). While a dealer wants to sell you an RV - any RV (stock or factory order) - they'd prefer to sell you their lot stock first.

Not sure if I've painted a very clear picture here but this is how I understand how this all works.

So, at some point, current content does get placed on the factory website. But you will see the new product on dealer websites first.

That's all I know. I'm not in a position to debate the sense of this.

What I can do is pass the contact info for our Sundance GM to you. Currently, this is Paul Craven. I encourage you to contact Paul to discuss your interest in Sundance and give Paul an opportunity to answer all your questions and put you in contact with his rep in your area who can stay in contact with you. Paul Craven - (574) 266-3982 - Paul.Craven@heartlandrvs.com

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The website supports what is the majority of dealers inventory. If HL was always advertising something newer then what the majority had in stock, most people would want the "newer" product, and dealers couldn't move what they have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bogie

I do understand their philosophy, though I don't particularly agree with it and I don't expect it will change as a result of my views. However, as a consumer I view it much the same as an auto dealership. When new models arrive, all of the information about them is readily available. Then the older models that are still in stock get a slightly deeper discount to move them off the lot. I then have a choice as to which way i want to go (newer model or lower cost). And yes, I do understand that there is a volume difference here.

But that really isn't what I was talking about. These models have already been delivered to some dealerships. Yet the web site doesn't reflect their existence at all. If I were currently in the market and went to a dealer, purchased a unit form what they had in stock and didn't know that a floor plan that I would have liked much better was even available for order, I would be disappointed that I made such a large investment without that knowledge. In addition, I wouldn't feel as good about my purchase later knowing that I missed out on something that would have been more pleasing to me (even at a higher cost) only due to a lack of current information.

jbeletti

Joe,

Thanks for your feedback. I also want to let you know that I did bring this up with Heartland corporate. I have been informed that we've planned to add personnel in this area to increase our production.

I never thought much about what goes into staging a unit, photographing it and then the post-production work that goes on - for every floor plan. And we have hundreds of floor plans.

Joe - we will get better in this area. Later than sooner, but it's coming. Until then, please reach out to Paul so he can bring you up to speed.

porthole

Retired
All the "holding out" for the market place would make sense - if the new stuff wasn't plastered all over social media first.

Ford's all new Edge and F-150 just came out, yet both vehicles have been on the Ford website for well over 6 months.
Maybe it's just me, but when I look at new cars and trucks, I go to the manufacturers website first.

The exception I see between the two example here would be Harley Davidson.
Every year the new models are announced at the dealer show in August. There is not even a hint as to what is coming out in the new model year until that "day" at the event.

At the same time the new model webpage is opened up to the world, in many locations new models are being delivered that very afternoon or the next day.