Why doesn't something change

rvn4fun

I think the four season, three season thing can be argued about if one would want to but, as others have said. if you have a heated underbelly, it should have enough heat in there to not freeze your waterline with the furnance running. I'm not talking about camping year round in the artic! I'm talking about getting caught in a Alberta clipper in southern Texas. The water should not freeze from the pump to the inside tank. It is not rocket science here. I'm just asking Heartland to either extend there 2 inch duct, that is suppose to heat this area, farther back into the belly where more heat is needed, or to better insulate this line! The other night when it was 10 outside, it was 27 underneath, and of course the water was froze. NO matter when we kept the furnance running all the time the temperature under there never came up from 27. This clearly shows that not enough heat gets to where it should go. We are currently parked in a rv park where there are a lot of old campers and a few newer ones, but as far as we know, we were the only one with frozen water? Does that tell you something, our rv was 3 weeks old. In this forum, I have read posts about this problem that date back to 2007, and Heartland haven't changed anything. We are not talking about spending thousands of dollars here, I bet at the factory they could fix this problem in minutes, when the belly is exposed.

grizzlygiant

If I could have access to my coach during its manufacture, particurlary the underside before it is turned upright, I could make it a true zero-degree coach and spend only pocket money in so doing.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
This is a problem with Texas. I am going to have to ask the park management to refund my money. The water is frozen, the septic lines are frozen, and I can dump the gray water or poop water. They should have made this park able to stand temperatures of 30* below Zero. They need to plan for problems like this. I am so dissapointed. Guess I am going to have to leave and go to Kerrville and the RGV for the next few months.... Oh.. It got cold down there too.

C A L I F O R N I A .... Here I come... Nah.. It would probably have an earth quake and fall into the ocean and my trailer is so poorly constructed that it may not with stand a Magnitude 5 earth quake. Guess I will go south and see if it will stand up in a Tsumami. Do they have Tsumamis in the Gulf.. I need to test out my 5er...

By now..
BC

Love that commercial about the pothole.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Was so cold here recently - my electric supply hose froze!
phil_39.gif
When the temps dropped to below zero the first time - the thermostat wouldn't even switch on! I removed the thermostat and wired it direct - hose thawed in about 10 minutes.

When the temps got down to 20 below, the hose was still on and part of it froze again! I had to wrap the whole thing in the foam pipe insulation. It thawed once and for all in about 10 minutes! Who'd have thought a heated hose would freeze?

No freeze problems now! (Knocking on wood!) :D Ready for some relief...supposed to be near 40 today! :)

Proper Preparation Makes for Better RVing

Hello All,

When you are talking about full-timing, it's exactly that...FULL TIME. If you are talking about four season RVing, then you are talking about taking the RV out any time of the year, no matter the season and camping in it. Now...I am currently full-timing in my BC and have not had many problems associated with the cold temps.

The average night time temp is mid to high 20's lately, and with my water hose, water hydrant and connections all heat taped, insulated, and protected from the environment, I have had no freezing water issues. I use a space heater (quartz infared model with amish built cabinet) and the furnace, and since we have heated mattress pads, we keep the heat on 65 at night. The furnace only comes on a few times at night when it's in the 20's and basically does not come on in the 30's and the water lines in my coach have not frozen. I think if you drop the underbelly and see some issues with your water lines, then throw some pipe insulation on them and you should be good to go.

Heartland has done a pretty good job of insulating these units and I am very glad I went with this unit.

FYI....it was 21 last night and 19 Saturday night and I had no issues with freezing water lines.

Good Luck to all!