Why Such Dirty Units From the Factory?

hegnl03

I agree--dirty units

We just took delivery of our 31BHD this weekend, and I can't help notice how dirty the unit was delivered. The dirt is in places we'd never really expect to look at delivery time.

We looked under the slides, and could literally fill two cups with sawdust and shavings that were under the slides alone. Each A/C vent opening has chunks of styrofoam and wood splinters in them such that you can plainly see it in the vents in the ceiling when looking up. The adjustable vent grilles will have to be removed to take out the trash as the pieces are too large to fit through the vanes in the adjustable grilles in the ceilings. Would it be that hard to clean or blow out the ducts before putting on the diffusers? maybe it's a sequence issue during the build.

hegnl03

I agree with your message of dirty unit. This is our second Heartland, and this was not a problem with the 1st unit. We brought our new unit home this past Thursday. We started the furnace and got the same chunks of styrofoam. Also dust and wood chunks all over, including behind the TV and in many of the cupboards.

When we checked the unit before taking home, it all appeared to be okay. It wasn't until we started to load, that we noticed how dirty it was. Very disappointing. We are from North Dakota, so we are not able to use water in the rig at this point, so we will have to wait until we get down south to clean completely.

Hopefully this will come to the attention of the factory. Thanks for letting others know, so they can address this matter before taking their units home.

Good Travel to You.

Laurance and Nancy Heger

jbeletti

Laurance and Nancy,

Is this in your 2010 Landmark Pinehurst?

Please call me tomorrow - 574-333-1153.

Thank you,

Jim

Last edited: