Will I need a 2nd A/C?

timk

Cheryl,

We did do the TimK vent mod. And it does make a difference in air flow, but it's no substitute for 2 units.

We just returned from a trip where we were in 105 degree temps. After a day of driving and then just parking the hot rig, the best we could do was mid 80's until the sun went down. And thats with foil in the windows and as much ice as we could cram in our drinks.

So my thinking is;
If you someplace over, say 95, 2 AC units are the answer.
Or you could just go someplace nice. Problem is, hot and ugly, is often on the way.

TimK

Cheryl

Thanks TimK. We have to do our traveling in the summer, so it's almost always HOT. So, I guess we will go with the 2nd air. Now to decide which one will fit without having to reconstruct the garage (again).:eek:

fulltimer

Our Dealer (RV'sFor Less) added the second air with heat strip to to our 2007 Grand Canyon. I don't know what this would do to the height. You could give Butch a call at 865.521.9112 and ask him. We are in a Corps of Engineers park in Canton, GA and the heat has not been a problem. If you do much traveling in the winter I'm sure the heat strip would come in handy. I know the dual pane windows are sure a help also. We plan on living in our unit fulltime someplace in the SE United States.

Fulltimer

kognito

BluegrassMan said:
Cheryl:

I just got back from a 3 wk. 1668 mi. trip. I was in Louisville Ky sitting on BLACKTOP for the week that was so miserible. We kept it @ 82-84 through the day, running 24/7. When the sun went down, so did our temp in the trailer. I was cursing the Dealer that told me, " You DON'T need the dual pane windows" !!! B.S. Now I wish I had them!

window awnings can help when you don't have dual pane windows.

ct0218

I ordered mine with 2 heat pumps and dual pane windows, knew I would need it in Tallahassee (or about everywhere else in the SE)--summers here are 95 to 98, and 90% humidity. They keep it quite comfortable inside. One unit would not have done it.