Will the higher R factor in the Arctic Package also help the inside to stay cool in the hot summers?

loudounrv

I read in another post that the "arctic package" has electric 12v tank heaters, insulated and heated water lines, and additional R38 radiant technology insulation in the floor, roof, front cap, and slide out floors.

Would that higher R factor also help keep the trailer cooler inside when running the AC?

danemayer

Hi loudounrv,

I would expect that the radiant barrier would help with heat transfer in either direction.

Btw, the heat tape on the fresh water line is 12V. The holding tank heating pads are 110V. If you're camping without an electric hookup, that's an important difference.

Attachments

• Canadian Arctic Package 2.pdf
    503.8 KB · Views: 45
hi, i've purchased my cyclone used. what are the tell tales that it has the arctic package?? i know the belly is covered and i have a rocker switch on my tank status panel that says heater. is there anything like a label or something that could tell me for sure?? thanks.

danemayer

Hi mjohnson7633,

I believe the Canadian Arctic Package or Yeti Package were first offered on 2012 models. They were not offered on when we got our 2011 Landmark. We did get the tank heaters, which are operated by an illuminated wall-type light switch on the control panel. The rocker switch you mention might be the LP side of your water heater.

danemayer, thanks, my alfa 5er didn't have the DSI on the water heater, had to do it the old fashioned way to light on gas, but never occured to me about that switch controlling the water heater. it would explain alot about the first time i took it out and couldn't figure out how to get the water heater to work on LP. i'll have to try that out and see if that does in fact control the DSI