Windows that don't leak cold air...

Litz

I hope you understand that we're owners of Heartland trailers just like you. People are just trying to help you & are asking questions to get the whole picture so they can. We're pretty friendly here. Martha Paul & Martha Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

and I to weill help by taking pics and showing what I do to solve the problem. I will start on a website right now.I dont see a place here to show pics.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yes...I am serious!! Keeping blinds down does help reduce radiant cold from the glass. We have a 2013 and do NOT feel cold air coming in....we do feel cold at the floors, etc...but no drafts. No idea why you do.

We live in our Landmark and have no trouble keeping it comfortable...as others said, sounds like something happened to yours. BTW If you don't want our honest opinions...don't ask!!

Litz

Yes...I am serious!! Keeping blinds down does help reduce radiant cold from the glass. We have a 2013 and do NOT feel cold air coming in....we do feel cold at the floors, etc...but no drafts. No idea why you do. We live in our Landmark and have no trouble keeping it comfortable...as others said, sounds like something happened to yours. BTW If you don't want our honest opinions...don't ask!!

ok, thats a deal..please note that whatever I say on this forum..I am not looking for your honest opinion.
thanks.

kowAlski631

and I to weill help by taking pics and showing what I do to solve the problem. I will start on a website right now.I dont see a place here to show pics.

Not sure what your goal is, but people have been trying to understand your problem since it seems to be not common. There are ways to post pictures. Perhaps a moderator could assist.

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

Jasonrs1319

Litz:345869 said:
Yes...I am serious!! Keeping blinds down does help reduce radiant cold from the glass. We have a 2013 and do NOT feel cold air coming in....we do feel cold at the floors, etc...but no drafts. No idea why you do. We live in our Landmark and have no trouble keeping it comfortable...as others said, sounds like something happened to yours. BTW If you don't want our honest opinions...don't ask!!

ok, thats a deal..please note that whatever I say on this forum..I am not looking for your honest opinion.
thanks.

******* I am totally at a loss as to why you are angry at everyone here on this forum. Are you just wanting people to agree with you and bash a manufacturer that DID build your trailer but through typical business models cannot warrant it forever. And since there are many of us that are happy with our units and don't choose to bash a manufacturer that has went above and beyond for many of us, you are therefore angry with everyone else. Honestly good luck with your problem I do hope you get it fixed ******. Actually sounds a lot like buyers remorse to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Ok everyone, let's all step back and take things down a notch.

Litz,

Perhaps there's a problem with your Landmark that the rest of us haven't experienced. It seems to me that there are two approaches you can take. One is to go to a dealer or independent servicer, as some have suggested, and see if they can resolve the problem for you at a reasonable price. Perhaps your selling dealer will help. The other approach would be to address the problem the same way people do when sealing drafts in a sticks and bricks home. There are all kinds of draft stoppers available at hardware stores and many other places.

These approaches may fall short of your expectations in buying a one year old luxury RV. But speaking frankly (and not intending to be in any way mean or snarky), you do have to accept some risk along with the good deal that comes when buying used. I suspect at the end of the day you'll still have a great deal and will enjoy your Landmark.

Whatever you end up doing, if you could circle back around and let us know how you resolved the problem, who knows, it might benefit someone else down the road.

57chevyconvt

The slides have a rubber wiper seal strip this is supposed to keep the wind and water from leaking into the RV between he bottom floor of the side and main floor of the trailer. On one occasion, this rubber strip didn't slide freely on he slide underside and was rolled in the opposite direction causing an improper seal. To solve the problem, I cleaned the bottom side of the slide and then used a Phillips screw driver to roll the rubber sealing strip into its proper position, i.e., pointing toward the outside of the slide. You might do a quick looksee to see if this is part of your problem with cold air ingestion into the body of the trailer.

Litz

Not sure what your goal is, but people have been trying to understand your problem since it seems to be not common. There are ways to post pictures. Perhaps a moderator could assist. Paul & Martha Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

thanks

Litz

The slides have a rubber wiper seal strip this is supposed to keep the wind and water from leaking into the RV between he bottom floor of the side and main floor of the trailer. On one occasion, this rubber strip didn't slide freely on he slide underside and was rolled in the opposite direction causing an improper seal. To solve the problem, I cleaned the bottom side of the slide and then used a Phillips screw driver to roll the rubber sealing strip into its proper position, i.e., pointing toward the outside of the slide. You might do a quick looksee to see if this is part of your problem with cold air ingestion into the body of the trailer.

thanks, I will check it...

Litz

Ok everyone, let's all step back and take things down a notch. Litz, Perhaps there's a problem with your Landmark that the rest of us haven't experie quality of trailer.nced. It seems to me that there are two approaches you can take. One is to go to a dealer or independent servicer, as some have suggested, and see if they can resolve the problem for you at a reasonable price. Perhaps your selling dealer will help. The other approach would be to address the problem the same way people do when sealing drafts in a sticks and bricks home. There are all kinds of draft stoppers available at hardware stores and many other places. These approaches may fall short of your expectations in buying a one year old luxury RV. But speaking frankly (and not intending to be in any way mean or snarky), you do have to accept some risk along with the good deal that comes when buying used. I suspect at the end of the day you'll still have a great deal and will enjoy your Landmark. Whatever you end up doing, if you could circle back around and let us know how you resolved the problem, who knows, it might benefit someone else down the road.
"Litz, Perhaps there's a problem with your Landmark that the rest of us haven't experienced."
thats entirely possible. Like I said, all of these things are fixable..I just didn't expect these type of things on this quality of RV.
Now, if this is whats to be expected after 1 year of use and buying one used..sure does not speak well of the product.
This is now our home, and everything will be fine..for little money to boot..it seems like whoever had the job of sealing stuff up
was off the day this one rolled off the line. Like in my picture of where air comes through..you can stick your finger in between the floor and wall..once I seal that up all the way around..the problem will be gone but cant do anything until it warms up.
I will tell you the improvements we have done to the bedroom have made a huge difference..we now get to hot at night and throw the covers off in 20 degree weather. I will eep you and anyone else that cares posted about what i find and then fix.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Like in my picture of where air comes through..you can stick your finger in between the floor and wall...
Just thinking out loud here, but if you can stick your finger in between the wall and floor, you may have a bigger problem than you think.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Litz,

On your site, can you make your pics clickable to full-res versions? Or just attach them to a reply in this thread...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have a 2013 Landmark San Antonio also with double pane windows. While in the Texas hill country we noticed there was air leaking around most of the windows also. With 22 degrees and a 20 mph wind blowing you could really feel it. We stuffed towels around the bottoms of the windows which helped. Then I got out the screwdriver and tightened all of the screws around all of the windows (finding some really loose). That seemed to solve the problem. But we still notice the dual panes seem to radiate more cool air than the single panes we had on our previous Landmark so keeping the blinds down solves that issue.