Winegard Traveler Satellite System

B

BouseBill

looking at having the Winegard HDTV antenna system installed on a 2015 BigHorn 3570RS.
The spec sheet shows the 3570 has having a height of 12' 11".
According to the Winegard information the antenna will add another 9.75" to the total height so lets just call it 10"....making the Big Horn height with the antenna 13' 9"
Somewhat concerned about that for traveling down back roads and some older RV parks.
I can see where increased diligence may be necessary in route planning and watching for low hanging wires or am I being overly paranoid.
Any of you folks using a roof top antenna running into (pun intended:)) any difficulties?

porthole

Retired
Re: Winegard HDTV antenna system

looking at having the Winegard HDTV antenna system installed on a 2015 BigHorn 3570RS.
The spec sheet shows the 3570 has having a height of 12' 11".
According to the Winegard information the antenna will add another 9.75" to the total height so lets just call it 10"....making the Big Horn height with the antenna 13' 9"
Somewhat concerned about that for traveling down back roads and some older RV parks.
I can see where increased diligence may be necessary in route planning and watching for low hanging wires or am I being overly paranoid.
Any of you folks using a roof top antenna running into (pun intended:)) any difficulties?

What is the antenna model?

The trailer height is from the ground to the highest point, typically the AC units. The 15K units are probably about 12" high.
The antenna will mount on the roof, so the 10" antenna height would probably be below the height of your main AC unit.

If it sticks up like the "Jack TV" antenna you do need to pay a bit more attention then with the flat mounted crank up antenna.

danemayer

Hi BouseBill,

The highest point of the coach is probably the top of the front air conditioning shroud. If you're planning to mount the antenna on the roof, that's lower and you probably won't have a problem.

I'm not all that familiar with the Winegard HDTV Antenna, but isn't it a flat panel intended to be placed on a window rather than vertically on the roof? If you mount it vertically on the roof, would there be a wind resistance issue? Or am I thinking of the wrong product?

porthole

Retired

Ah, so you are installing a SAT dish antenna.
No problems with the model you linked to. Quite common now on trailers.

JeromyS

I have one on my 37 Ultimate and it is lower than the ac when it's in travel position. You should be safe.

gebills

We had the Winegard Trav’ler SK-1000 installed yesterday atCamping World in Burlington WA. Theheight of the unit is roughly 10” above the coach roof line, which is lowerthan the A/C unit.

B

BouseBill

Thanks for the info folks, I'm afraid it's going to have to wait, after the screw up between the bedroom slide and the drivers side hatch door. What a screwed up design that is/was. I'm still scratching my head as to how the folks at Heartland let that go into production.