Winter in Arizona W/O park models

btbaillie

We are getting very discouraged finding an RV park for our first winter getaway. My wife is having a medical procedure in Mesa AZ and thought we would stay the winter while she mends. All the so called RV parks look like mobile home parks with all the park models. Are there any RV parks left?

Bruce & Lu

danemayer

If you look at RVParkReviews.com and don't find what you want in Mesa, look up in the top right and you'll see a list of the closest towns that have RV Parks. There are a few other towns within just a couple of miles.

HappyKayakers

Sounds like AZ is very similar to FL. Combo mobile home/RV parks are very prevalent. IMHO, you get the best of both worlds - plenty of snowbirds to talk to and the permanent locals know all the best spots to eat, shop, fish, etc.

shovelguy

I would have to agree with Joe. Very few parks in Arizona are just for RV's. We actually happen to be staying in one that is limited to RV's only but it is in Casa Grande. Good luck.

btbaillie

Hi Jodi, we are in our second week at Priest Gulch.

I have been looking at Casa Grande RV parks and they look a bit less crowded. When I find a park on rvparkreviews, I look on Google maps to see the amount of park models. Sometimes it is very difficult to find an RV in the park.
Tell Dean I said hello...

Bruce & Lu

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
I agree that RV only parks are sometimes a better clientele , but many seasonal RV parks can not survive w/o a permanent source of income, as snowbirds are only there 4-6 months of the year.
I quantify it this way, if there is more than one blue tarp in the park, it's probably a little on the tacky side and given a choice, we don't stay there.

If you want RV's only, go to a State, National, COE, or BLM park. Problem is most limit your stay. Some do not.

We have stayed in many parks that have some mobile and park model residents and most are very nice folks. Many are seasonal. just like you. They just choose not to drag their home around with them. We have met many very nice folks staying in these parks. IMHO, it's not really a problem. Trace

Last edited:

pegmikef

Our daughter lives in Mesa and we stay at the Vale Del Oro RV Resort when we visit there. True, there are a lot of park models there, but there are a lot of vacant spots with hookups. They have a total of 1750 sites or something like that. There are a lot of amenities such as two large pools, exercise facilities, several different crafts facilities to name a few. We like it because it is right on Ellsworth (sp?) and right in town so it is pretty good access to things (hehe and fairly close to my daughter). We have only stayed there for short periods (a week or two at a time) so I can't comment on longer periods. I know everything is always well kept and immaculate. They have a length limit on RVs (I think it must be thirty feet or longer, but I am not sure of the exact length limit). It is a seniors (55+) only resort.

btbaillie

This being our first time away for the winter, we decided on Palm Creek Golf and RV Resort in Casa Grande. It is a large place but good reviews. We don't golf but it looks like the park is broken up with some nicer views besides other RV's and park models.

Bruce & Lu

Wharton

We stay in Pioneer RV Park near Anthem, has park models but they are only in one section, rest of park is for trailers. Usually a lot of space, I guess it is about an hour from Mesa. We visited a park in Mesa(?), it was way out off of US60 but it was for trailers only, no park models. I don't remember it's name but will try to find it on a map, was several years ago.

rjr6150

Lu & Bruce
Several of the CO. Chapter members have been staying there for the last two year and really enjoy the park.