"Winter Texans" in The Coastal Bend, Aransas Pass, Rockport, Port Aransas.....

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Greetings.....November 2 we will be meeting for Breakfast at The Bakery Cafe, in Aransas Pass for the Kick-Off of the HOC Family Fun.... 9:30 Am Watch the forum for updates.. We will be doing alot.
Bring some ideas of what you would like to do or places to go.. We had so much fun last year and made so many wonderful friends. See ya !! Karen, Dan (herbiesrig)

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Re: "Winter Texans" in The Coasatal Bend, Aransas Pass, Rockport, Port Aransas.....

Did you say FOOD? You know that we will be there. Linda and I are looking forward to this year. Hey how about bowling sometime or just meeting on the beach and the men can fish while the ladies do what they do?

jimtoo

Re: "Winter Texans" in The Coasatal Bend, Aransas Pass, Rockport, Port Aransas.....

Hi Karen and Dan,

Glad you guys will be here soon. We will not be able to attend the Nov 2 breakfast. I will be working my rear off getting ready for our annual storytelling festival, Nov 3rd. George West Storyfest This will be our 24th year.
You guys could come up and visit and listen to the storytellers and music. It is a FREE event.

Jim M

olcoon

Karen,
You are causing me to get "hitch itch"...as if I needed a reason! Now all I need to do is to get this dang leg healed up!!! Can't wait to get down there to enjoy ourselves!

Jim,
Wish we could make it to the Storyfest I remember you telling some pretty good stories!

lmcclure

Roy if you can get here we will get you set up.

olcoon

Thank's Lee, ain't nothing like Heartlanders!!! Think it'll be a while before I attempt to drive, let alone pull the 5er. I've tried to talk Sally into learning how to drive the rig, & I think she'd rather sleep with snakes!;)

jimtoo

Roy,,, right leg or left leg in the cast?? How long till the cast comes off? Can you get in and out of your trailer? Can you get around OK? I guess what I asking... We got enough Heartlanders around... we could get someone to drive your dodge?(yukll..) maybe 2--300 miles and then meet someone for another 2--300 miles and relay you down here....or maybe for a little fuel money,, someone would just come and get you.. Will Sally drive the truck with out the 5er?
Jim M

olcoon

You guys are AWESOME!!! I think the people in the owners club are what will keep me buying Heartland products, even though I feel that Heartland is the best bang for the buck, & the company is off the charts taking care of us.

Leg isn't in a cast, they screwed a piece of metal to keep the bones in place. Probably the main problem is the damage I did to my knee & that's why I can't put weight on my right leg. As far as heading on down to the RGV, before I was viciously attacked by the criminally insane oak tree:eek:, we weren't sure when when we could head down there as my Dad is supposed to be having some tests run, probably in Jan. and depending on the outcome of the test we may be able to head down there sometime in Jan. Another thing is that I'll have follow up visits to the Dr. that I'll need to go to.

I really appreciate the thoughts & ideas on getting us down there. It really touches my heart & soul to know that there are folks out there willing to do that for us! Right now I'm just going to have to hang on & ride this pony for as long as necessary.

Thanks,
Roy

lmcclure

Well Jim and Pat Doggett met with Linda and I today at The Bakery Cafe just to make sure that the Breakfast was still up to par for you Karen and I am proud to say it is. So just get in the rig and come on down. Jimtoo I hope that you will be able to join us some this year. Roy just and FYI I was a surgical Physicians Assistant for 47 years and you could tell your orthopod I could check out the leg and report back to him. Just saying..

jpdoggett

Roy & Sally If you guys need anything let us know. And like Jimtoo said we can get your rig and you two down here, all you have to doSay so. Get Well Soon

Jim & Pat

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired

We are leaving early Monday Morning....I just wish that it was not so humid down there..... See ya on the 2nd at The Bakery Cafe 9:30 am

olcoon

WOW, you folks are too much! Now I'm wishing there weren't so many irons in the fire & we could take advantage of all the offers! I really appreciate them, though. But I guess it's like the saying goes..."All things come to he who waits." Guess it's a good thing I'm a deer hunter & used to sitting for long times waiting for something to walk by! Hope everyone has safe travels down there, & save some shrimp for Sally & I for when we get down there!

Roy & Sally

rick_debbie_gallant

We are leaving early Monday Morning....I just wish that it was not so humid down there..... See ya on the 2nd at The Bakery Cafe 9:30 am

Broke a tooth, doc is rushing the fix. Just putting us behind by two day. Instead of leaving on the 23rd of Oct we will be leaving on the 25th or the 26th. Hope to make it by the second.

lmcclure

Don't worry Roy we will all save you some. John and Carol are leaving and Karen and Dan on Monday. Rick and Debbie will leave next week also. Anyone else leaving soon?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member

Those of you headed to the Coastal Bend just wanted to let you know of a brand new KOA about 5 miles south of Victoria, Tx right off of US59. It is Victoria Coleto Creek Lake KOA. It just opened October 1st and has 125 full hookup sites. This is phase one and eventually will have 365 full hookup sites. Right now through Dec 31st they have a $375 a month special. We do sitemaps for SE Publications and just finished theirs. It is a great park with a very friendly staff. There is a heated pool, Catfish pond where you can keep the Catfish, lots of hiking area (65 acres), laundry, restrooms/showers and Coleto Creek Park is right across the street. They are looking to cater to Winter Texans and there is great shopping, and restaurants in Victoria and Goliad (12 miles away). I don't get anything from this park to promote them but just passing on information. Happy Camping