Wintering in Az

dasmoeturhead

This year were thinking of wintering in AZ again, but not in Yuma. I think we would like the latitude around Tucsan. Does anybody have a favorite place to stay that is not a golf resort, or a golf cart raceway? Has to be dog friendly with nice pool and amenities. 55+ is fine.

MTPockets

We stayed last winter for five months at Voyager RV Resort in Tucson. Very nice, two large pools, tennis, pickle all, many other clubs and activities.. Check their web site: you would not be disappointed.

oreo4772

Old tread but I live and host at the San padro resort in Benson AZ. Its about 40 miles east of Tucson. Has indoor pool and out door pool hot tub exercise stuff club house with pool tables and ping pong. Nice staff and clean park, pets welcome.

Joe

2009-28RL

This year were thinking of wintering in AZ again, but not in Yuma. I think we would like the latitude around Tucsan. Does anybody have a favorite place to stay that is not a golf resort, or a golf cart raceway? Has to be dog friendly with nice pool and amenities. 55+ is fine.

Good day, Last winter we stayed at a resort in Mesa AZ. for Jan. Feb. Mar. We did not have a RV then so we rented a park model mobile home. The resort does have (2) pet friendly areas about (3) streets at each end of the park. The park has about 2200 sites split between park models and RVs. The park name is Mesa Regal managed by Cal-Am resorts. there are more activities than you can imagine. Check out the Cal-am website and click on Mesa Regal. There are 2 small wading pools and a large olympic style pool, every week day 1-3 pm pool volley ball, There is a large patio area beside the pools with an outdoor grill and bar which has happy hour with live bands every week day 3-5 pm. There is also a pool and entertainment area at the west end of the park. We had a great time there and will be going back.

MTPockets

We looked into Mesa last year and there are some very nice RV Resorts. We passed, as the surrounding areas are very busy and way too much traffic and population. Plenty of shopping, restaurants, etc., but it's because of the huge population.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
thanks for the info. Keep em coming.

[If you like the Tucson area....I would highly recommend the Voyager RV Resort....If you book early, you will get a nice discount prior to booking when the Snowbird rush starts....Any questions pm MTpockets as he stayed there last year and really enjoyed it....Good luck and remember we have a lot of activities within the AZ Chapter during the winter...hope you will join in....]

Birchwood

We are thinking of AZ for the 2017 winter and interested in golf and pickleball .Currently wintering in Florida (2016) but the east coast weather is now cold and wet.There may be a mass exodus to the west with the current weather patterns.