Wireless Tire Presure/Temperature Monitors

Pat McFall

I have a Pressure Pro system. I aired up my tires to 85 PSI before leaving in the morning. Later down the road I checked the pressure and they were up to 101 PSI. My Monitor did not go off.

FWIW
BC

Bob, the new PressurePro is factory set to alarm at 24% above the initial pressure at installation. The alarm would alert on an 85 psi tire at appx 105 psi. The level of the alert can be set by the end user at 10%,15%, 19%, 24%, 28%, 33%, 40%, and 45% over the initial set pressure. Please let me know if I can answer any questions.

Safe Travels,

Pat

I found them very usefull. On my return trip from fl, i had inflated my trailer tires to 80 psi. After traveling a few hrs. My moniter alarm went off, the tire pressure had raised to 96 psi. I felt this was in the dangerious range, i lowered the the tire pressuer 5 psi and the rest of the way home they stayed about 92 psi which i felt was a safe range. I got mine at tire rack for $239.00 plus installation.
Bobh

Bobby A

Very interesting topic, so you all got me thinking, (that happens every now and then). I have the G614's and as everyone says on the forum to keep them at the rated 110PSI. My question is as others have stated in this thread that there pressure has increased 16PSI after some travel time, assuming mine would rise 16PSI that would make my tire pressre to 126PSI wouldn't that be a tad to hot ??? I don't have any add on temp or pressure system currently. Thanks

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Thanks Pat.
My Pressure Pro is the original Duran Pressure Pro I bought in 2006. So far I am very pleased with my TMS. If it becomes a need to replace it in the future I will give you a call. Right now I have the Doran Monitor, 8 sencors on the ground, one spare in the glove box, and a repeater in the front of the Bighorn.

I am going to check my manual on the system I have to see if there is a setting for the high limit. It is ok for me right now but it could be a problem in the summer.

BC

Pat McFall

Thanks Pat.
My Pressure Pro is the original Duran Pressure Pro I bought in 2006. So far I am very pleased with my TMS. If it becomes a need to replace it in the future I will give you a call. Right now I have the Doran Monitor, 8 sencors on the ground, one spare in the glove box, and a repeater in the front of the Bighorn.

I am going to check my manual on the system I have to see if there is a setting for the high limit. It is ok for me right now but it could be a problem in the summer.

BC

Bob, if you have the Doran System, it does not monitor "high" pressure. If you are interested in upgrading, you can do so directly through Advantage PressurePro. They will exchange your old monitor for a new one for $100. Let me know if and when you want to do it and I'll give you a contact person.

Safe Travels,

Pat

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I asked the question to a retired tire engineer from Goodyear about the increase in pressure as the tires heat up. His answer was the tires are designed knowing the pressure will increase as the tires heat up. He also said under inflation will damage a tire faster than anything. He said once you run the tire under inflated the damage is done and the life of the tire will be decreased. How much? Who knows. But if you notice even when you are parked the pressure on the sunny side will be higher than the pressure on the shady side.

Pat McFall

Would one of the contacts still be Doug McMeen @ 816-887-3505 ??

Thanks
BC

Yes. Doug is the one you need to talk to. His 800# is: 800-959-3505 The number you have is probably good, too, but I always call the 800#.

The latest version of the Monitor has a lot of other new features in addition to the "high" pressure. Doug can tell you what they are.

Safe Travels,

Pat

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Pat, are you saying I can trade my Doran system for a Pressure Pro for $100? Does that include the sensors or will the Doran sensors work on a Pressure Pro?

Pat McFall

Pat, are you saying I can trade my Doran system for a Pressure Pro for $100? Does that include the sensors or will the Doran sensors work on a Pressure Pro?

Hi Jim, the last I heard, you can trade (upgrade) your old Doran Monitor for a new PressurePro Monitor for $100. I am assuming you have one of the older Doran Monitors which is actually a PressurePro Monitor with Doran's name on it. The Sensors you have will work with the new monitor. Contact Doug and he will be able to help you and answer your questions.

Safe Travels,

Pat