Wood under mattress

jnbhobe

Roy, are you sure them Fords wern't smoking from pulling them Chevys and Dodges up the mountain. Well I guess I've hijacked this thread enough, have a great day and say hi to Sally, see ya in Goshen.

olcoon

Roy, are you sure them Fords wern't smoking from pulling them Chevys and Dodges up the mountain. Well I guess I've hijacked this thread enough, have a great day and say hi to Sally, see ya in Goshen.

Looking forward to it!!!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Replaced the OSB with 15/32 in plywood. The new wood top is now 5 inches longer to accommodate sitting on the end without rolling the end of the mattress down off the platform. Sanded, stained and clear coat. Removed the lift up hinges so they would not continue to puncture holes in the mattress, no more lift up. Cut a door 16 x 16 in the bottom frame and placed a nice oak wood cabinet door...Just waiting for the clear coat to dry...3 nice size plastic tubs fix perfectly inside the under frame storage area.
Problem solved for about $40.

8amps

Would that be the three tubs you got at the rally? :) Great ideas, been meaning to do this, you've inspired me to go to Home Depot and get the tiles...

Doublegranch

You are 100 % Correct....yes and thank you for entering them in the Steal a Gift Night....they are perfect....

Are you guys coming to Camp Verde in Oct? Everyone asked about you at the Meet n Greet yesterday....

8amps

Hi, we missed all of our Arizona HOC Family - we went to the BBQ festival in Downtown Chandler and ate like... Pigs! So much for eating healthier! My, it was crowded but a lot of fun and good food. Not sure on Cape Verde, you know we go spontaneously. Have decided to go to Dallas for my favorite uncle's birthday April 11. So changing plans, but the beauty of being full time is we can go where we want, when we want (as long as landing gear is operational)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Replaced the OSB with 15/32 in plywood. The new wood top is now 5 inches longer to accommodate sitting on the end without rolling the end of the mattress down off the platform. Sanded, stained and clear coat. Removed the lift up hinges so they would not continue to puncture holes in the mattress, no more lift up. Cut a door 16 x 16 in the bottom frame and placed a nice oak wood cabinet door...Just waiting for the clear coat to dry...3 nice size plastic tubs fix perfectly inside the under frame storage area.
Problem solved for about $40.

Gary, please post pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doublegranch

Okay, you asked for a couple of pics...just got my camera out...Job is 100 % completed and the bed is made.

Attachments

• P2250159.jpg
    P2250159.jpg
    785.6 KB · Views: 164
  • P2250160.jpg
    P2250160.jpg
    798.6 KB · Views: 144
  • P2250161.jpg
    P2250161.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 129

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Very nice, but not feasible with a hydraulic bed slide. I was able to cut about a third of the 1/4" panel under the platform off and put a large tote next to the mechanism frame. Slides along the carpet, with some extra bedding in it. The shallow space under the platform is still good for our storing soft-side luggage and cold weather jackets when not needed.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Nice mod!

Might have to do that our ours!

Am also thinking about putting in a kitty door so that our fuzz balls can go under the dinette seats as they like to have a hiding space!

Doublegranch

John, I thought about leaving the door off and leaving it open for the dogs to crawl in...but I think it would be kind of warm under the bed. It is always an option should I change my mind later. Just keep the door open which flips up vs opening side ways like a cabinet door.

I think that would be a great place for your litter box, out of the way, out of site and also give them a place to hang out in the dark, which they love.