Would You Recommend a Cyclone 4100 King Toy Hauler

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Where do you get 10 or more degree swing in a 5th wheel from? I set our digital thermostat for 67 at night and it stays with in a couple of degrees. The old analog thermostats swung 5-7 degrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgwilliams69

10 is what they tell you on the (Fleetwood) factory tour - yes as they try to get you to buy their coach with the expensive option. ;) Anyway I've never measured ours in any coach we've had, but I know that unlike our house it will get a little uncomfortably warm or cold before the units kick in and catch up in either direction. In our last three coaches we have had multiple cooling units also, as we spend a lot of time in very hot weather - but the same thing happens. I just chalked it up to the lower amount of insulation difference between the house and coach meaning the temperature is changing faster that the system can keep up with it - we have had digital thermostats as well. I cannot remember all the details of the Aqua-hot but I think it did some kind of consistent circulation of air or something of the like to keep the temperature where you wanted it, and had multiple zones for heating as well.

One thing I have noticed already in the Cyclone is that is gets quite a bit warmer in the sleeper than in the living room before the furnace switches off. So if my wife and I don't want to get too hot, we end up freezing out the boys in the bunks with the thermostat set too low. We shut the doors (sleeper/bathroom) and switched on the fireplace to help them, but then it got too cold in the sleeper because the furnace wouldn't kick on. I'm sure we will get it figure out, just haven't had enough nights yet to do so.

iowaone

I am thinking of buying a 4100. Do any of you havAe the six point leveling system? What brand is it? Does it level both side to side and frt to back? Auto Level?

danemayer

I am thinking of buying a 4100. Do any of you havAe the six point leveling system? What brand is it? Does it level both side to side and frt to back? Auto Level?

Hi iowaone,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly people who are quick to answer questions and offer advice. I'm sure you'll see answers to your questions shortly.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The auto level made by Lippert. It is a true auto level side to side and front to back, all you do is press auto level and it takes care of everything for you. The convenience center does come with a black tank flush. The 3 seasons wall is very easy to covert into a screen wall. All it takes is removing a couple of clips and the plexiglass cover comes off just like a screen door on a house. If you have any other questions please let me know, hope you can become a part of the heartland family soon!!!

iowaone

If I order the themopane windows does that change the amount of screen or vent area very much. On my current camper the themopane windows had much smaller vent or open area than the standard windows. Thanks for your quick reply to previous question

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
They are the same size. Only difference is the single pane to duel pane windows.

rgwilliams69

One thing to consider for the auto-level is that people have been reporting a lot of problems (across multiple manufacturers, Heartland, Keystone, etc.) with jack failures, pump failures, and computer problems with the master system used to run the solenoids, etc. We decided not to get it on ours to give the entire system a bit of time to "mature". Sure does look cool though. I'd say we will get it installed on ours in the next couple of years once the bugs are worked out. Might be more alternatives by then as well (i.e. Bigfoot).

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Hello All,

New member and I have an interest in the Cyclone 4100 King Toy Hauler to live full time in. It would be for myself only, single 27 year old male. I like the floor plan and layout. The 4000 Elite is another floor plan I like. I am a big guy, 6-3 and 280lbs. I prefer the larger bathrooms in these toy haulers and king sized beds.

A few questions:
Would you recommend the Cyclone brand to someone?
Any current owners and issues you've had so far?
How is Heartland at taking care of warranty related issues?
Any full timers in Toy Haulers around the Albuquerque, NM and Dallas Fort Worth Area? How is your winter month experience?
What tow rig would you recommend? I'm looking at a 2012 Ford F450.

I would definitely (and do) recommend the Heartland Cyclone to anyone desiring a toy-hauler model! Current Cyclone owner and fulltiming while working - meaning, I have a home on 40 acres in Oklahoma but travel with my job, living in my Cyclone, 'visiting' my home periodically. I'm sold 100% on Heartland!

I've had mine since March 2008 and have never had any warranty related issue for Heartland to address. I have had a few warranty issues with some other things that were handled with the respective manufacturers...washer/dryer, furnace, water pump.

As listed in my sig, I'm currently hauling mine with a Ford F-450. I just got this truck recently and it is a MUCH better tow vehicle than my previous one, (2003 Duramax).

Winter - get comfy with a good beverage and search this forum about winter living! Personally, I spent a winter in Wyoming hitting -40F, the next in Nebraska hitting -22F and am currently in Chicago for a while. You just have to make like a Boy Scout...Be Prepared! I LOVE MY CYCLONE!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DW_Gray

Full-timing in a Cyclone? Absolutely! Sure, they may not be recommended for full-timing, but my Cyclone doesn't know it.

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum Mongoose9400.

Amy and I purchased our first RV as shown below and began full-timing in September 2009. We've towed for over 21,000 miles so far. From central California to Washington to Florida to upper New York to Michigan and back to Vandenberg AFB, CA. We'll heading east hopefully next month through the southwest and make our way up to Tulsa by the spring. This biggest change I did to do to our Cyclone was upgrade the axles from 6000 pounds to 7000 pounds. But as you'll notice below, my Cyclone weight is much heavier. I lived in it during some very cold weather and learned the underbelly was not insulated enough and had some freezing. I've made some improvement there too. I'd recommend you have yours built to include some extra insulating measures if you plan to be in some freezing conditions. We've had our share of other minor issues along the way. But as someone rightly told me, it's a house on wheels being towed 55 to 65 MPH.

I would strongly encourage you to take at least 3 short trips near home before heading out on the road. You'll need that time to shake everything down. It's better to get any problems that may pop up near home fixed than be out in the middle of nowhere. Any of the late model 350/3500 trucks should tow the 4100 just fine. When I wear 4012 out, the 4100 or 4200? Cyclone is on my list as a replacement. The problem for me is they'll have to increase GVWR before I buy another one. I haven't had any warranty issues with Heartland. On the other hand, I sure wont I fork out the money for an extended warranty again. (Non-Heartland) I'd have been off by putting the same amount of money in repair fund bank savings account.

In closing, be sure to visit my website, Fifth Wheel St., to learn more about RV safety and weighing.

iowaone

I am getting more serious about buying the 4100. What all is included in the Canadian Artic Package?

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Heartland customer service and warranty is top notch. At the moment Cyclone is the only Toy Hauler that I will own.

Does anybody know what is different from the 4200 to 4100? We are thinking about trading off the 300C for a 4100 but I want to be sure the 4200 is something we don't want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

rgwilliams69

On another thread somewhere I saw mentioned that it will be a few months yet before we get full details on the new 4200. On their website the outline looks the same as the 4100, so how different could it be? (just kidding)

dhsevers

Picked our 4100 up on the 12/29/2012 with the factory installed level up system. Have used it 3 X so far and is as easy as pushing two butons and stand back and watch it level it self.

jimtoo

Picked our 4100 up on the 12/29/2012 with the factory installed level up system. Have used it 3 X so far and is as easy as pushing two butons and stand back and watch it level it self.

HI Don,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and also the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Great report on your Cyclone and hope you make lots of great memories with it. Please think of joining the Heartland Owners Club and attending some of the rallies and meeting lots of other Heartland folks and having a great time.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M