XM WIRED TV, Anyone using it?

jimtoo

Went to the San Antonio RV Show and Sale and spent 2 days(5th& 6th) promoting the Heartland Brand and our Heartland Owners Club and my favorite dealer, ExploreUSA, Seguin, San Antonio, and other places.

Ventured over to the area for vendors and found the xmwiredtv vendor really promoting and selling the little receiver. They said it will work everywhere you can get an internet connection or wifi signal of 4mg or better. I was wondering if this unit works as good as they are saying. Is anyone using the unit or do you know of anyone? I did not spend much time looking and listening. Think better info is from users.

Jim M

danemayer

Jim,

A similar Roku box costs $89. The xm...tv website is worded very cleverly to suggest everything is free and 99.9% of all TV shows and movies are available. The .1% you want no doubt require a paid subscription. It's also possible they might be letting you illegally stream copyrighted material. Stick with Roku.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looking at the fine print, they have a 7 day return window, with an 18% restocking fee. Looks like they are making money by just selling a box that you have to pay to return, or get stuck with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

I ask about fees and royalty and they said it's all paid for by the company, the customer never has to pay any more. :) I also looked at the return time and fee, OUCH.. and they also require that you do an online or video of programming instructions the way I read it.

I think I will wait a while unless they will send me one no charge and let me promote it for them if I like it. You know they will.... right? :) I will call them next week and ask,,,, you never know. :)

Jim M

Rhyph

Nope. Nope. Nope. Here is a bottle of snake oil for you with a side of nope. :D I almost can't believe someone would dare promote this thing in person. It saddens me that all it takes is someone not knowledgable of how these things work to fall victim to being foisted into engaging in the proliferation of illegal content sharing on the internet. :mad: This is most probably KODI's illegal side for anyone who is familiar and here is an article explaining what it does.

Read the FAQ's: The way these Android based streamer boxes work, is typically through a VPN tunnel that it creates to some unknown endpoint and the "free content" it is accessing is actually via pirated torrents as it suggests in the FAQ "All our xmWiredTV media player software does, is provide links to content that is already posted on the internet. We do not host any content nor do we know who does. We do not promote illegal conduct of any kind."
That last sentence there is complete rubbish. Right along with the very poor grammar that you'd pay $350 for. If you are really interested in doing this, you can find much better streamers on Amazon for under $100, but of course you are then DIY and have to support it yourself.

Should this 'device' have a problem, or leak any RTC information back to your ISP, you will most likely be shut down for torrenting (downloading) pirated content across your ISP. The bandwidth requirements are extremely high, and most likely not something any sort of campground WIFI or cell based internet will tolerate either. Many cell based ISP's also block VPN traffic as well, because VPNs can mask traffic from their traffic shaping protocols. You have almost no control over what quality or quantity of content that would be available.

A suggested, do this the right way with a Roku, Amazon TV or Apple TV, legally. Pay your sub fee. Think of it this way - Amazon prime is $99/yr, you now have access to everything they offer, that's 3 years of prime plus a Amazon TV or mid-level Roku for the same price as what they offer this re-skinned KODI player for. Or, how about a mid-level Roku at $50 and about 37 months of basic Netflix.

Ugg. Sorry if that seemed ranty, but it makes my skin crawl.

This guy is a snake oil salesman his name is Mark Delany Senior. I’ve seen him at a number of trade shows he was actually at an RV show right here in Oklahoma I’ve seen him at a shell in Colorado I was a vendor at.

The guy if you search the company there are bad reviews all over Google. It’s clear that he is only pushing something to get the sale and then it’s gone as quickly as he came. What is far as legalities I can’t really find that it’s necessarily illegal because it’s very clear that this octostream box is made in China and since the services are already built into it I can only assume they are in China where there are no copyright laws. But that doesn’t mean that you should buy it because the guy is nowhere to be found when you need tech-support I bought into it I was excited it had a cloud DVR it said and he made it seem like it was the best thing since sliced bread.
DONT BUY from xmwired TV

wdk450

When I clicked the link in the original post, I got a captcha page saying "click to allow" but there was no "allow" text on the page.
When I did a Google search on XM Wired TV, I found the corporate website link (xmwiredtv.com), clicked on that, and was taken to an online gambling page (tried it 2 times).

Here is a link to the Google search: https://www.google.com/search?q=xm+...i362l3.58907313j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Maybe they folded (although the BBB page on them was excellent and said they had been in business since 2015)

Last edited:
No the guy is still around. He keeps changing phone numbers and they pulled their Facebook group and the website.
He hasn’t been at the shows I’ve done lately but he always seems to slither around.

wdk450

I thought that XM Satellite Radio (which I subscribe to) might be interested in this shady businessman who has almost copied their corporate name. I tried to notify their corporate people on this through my login, but the best I could do was post it on their customer assistance "chat" interface.
I doubt that they read it.

Times have changed. Years ago when internet discussion groups were just in their infancy, my online hospital medical device support group, Biomedtalk-L, got threatening correspondence from the legal firm representing a medical device manufacturer that we had actually mentioned pretty positively. It seems they were using some sort of internet search filter, and anytime their client's name got a hit they sent out threatening cease and desist correspondence. We just made it known to the manufacturers that Hospital Biomedical departments have a very strong say in which brands of medical devices were going to be purchased, and we didn't like being threatened.

SiriusXM now but who knows I doubt that we are lucky enough to get him in trouble.

his exact line to me was get my box and get every show every movie ever made. Then he went on to say I have everything dish network as a dish network doesn’t even have a quarter of what I have. And I didn’t care about the live TV or if that even work so much. Other than like the Olympics or the occasional once in a while just background noise. I was so excited that I could go back and I was wanting to see all the shows that I grew up with in the 70s and 80s that I can’t find anywhere some of them I find little clips on YouTube but that’s about it.
I can tell you now that that was such an out right lie from him I found none of the shoes I was looking for even popular ones like knight rider and the greatest American hero and others that are free later vegetable on DVD or Blu-ray and some on demand. His response? Lol no clue I can’t get him to respond to emails. His number has changed so many times.
I hope anyone who sees him at a show screams scammer and reports him to the people running the show.

mdelanney

A friend of mine told me about this thread and shared it with me. Personally, I find it kind of amusing. Some people think they're an expert on something they know nothing about. But I'm used to that and it does not bother me. But just to set the record straight, I have been in business since May 28th 2015 I LLC is XM Wired TV which I don't think XM Satellite Radio worries too much about because the only thing that we share is the XM. As far as working in RVs I have over a thousand of my TV boxes in RVs mostly in Alaska and Arizona. My customers seem to enjoy them very much and they do stream at very low Mbps and work great with hot spots. This is not a KODI box, which I have sold for probably 5 years or more. I switched over to IPTV service a few years back because that's the direction everything is going and it's much more user friendly. And just to set the record straight KODI is just a host that used for individual Developers that built repositories that people could use to stream with. I have not changed and do not change my phone numbers continuously, I have changed it one time and that's when I switched over to Spectrum from T-Mobile. I have not pulled my Facebook page it's still the same place it has been for 7 plus years with well over a thousand members. Now my website went down and go Daddy contacted me because they hosted it for me. they could not get in touch with the actual developer who built it to get the backup files. They and I have tried for months to reach him but no luck, the company phone still rings and have left many messages. I hope something bad has not happened to him but who knows. Go Daddy offered to build me a new one for $1,600 but I thought I could do better than that and have another person working on a new website for me now. Hope to have it up within the next 30 days. As far as tech support goes, I'm always available and if I don't answer the phone I always call back and I take calls 7 days a week until midnight CST. And show y'all will know I no longer sell the octastream Box. That company got me in a lot of trouble this past year by not being able to fill my orders which cost me a lot of money in cancellations. I have since came out with a new box after the first of this year that my customers absolutely love. It plays better it actually has two streaming services on it and it has the new Amlogic S905x3 processor which you will not find on a lot of my competitors boxes because it costs too much. At least that's what I was told. My competitors are still selling it for $400 and $500 my cost is only $295 but I do have a $10 a month subscription fee that has to be paid for the service that is offered. My box also can record live TV at the push of a button and if you have multiple TVs you do not have to buy multiple TV boxes. I am able to do more than one TV with just one box. And it's Wireless. Now I'm sure I'll probably get some bad responses from this because people just like to talk bad about other people for whatever reason. Ilovemymac seems to be a hater but thats ok, maybe he'll introduce himself to me one of these days at a show and I'll give him a good deal on a box and then you'll see him talk good about it. In the meantime I wish all of you well and hope you have a wonderful day and God bless. And if you want to reach out to me for whatever reason I do answer my phone and the number 682-717-6994

A friend of mine told me about this thread and shared it with me. Personally, I find it kind of amusing. Some people think they're an expert on something they know nothing about. But I'm used to that and it does not bother me. But just to set the record straight, I have been in business since May 28th 2015 I LLC is XM Wired TV which I don't think XM Satellite Radio worries too much about because the only thing that we share is the XM. As far as working in RVs I have over a thousand of my TV boxes in RVs mostly in Alaska and Arizona. My customers seem to enjoy them very much and they do stream at very low Mbps and work great with hot spots. This is not a KODI box, which I have sold for probably 5 years or more. I switched over to IPTV service a few years back because that's the direction everything is going and it's much more user friendly. And just to set the record straight KODI is just a host that used for individual Developers that built repositories that people could use to stream with. I have not changed and do not change my phone numbers continuously, I have changed it one time and that's when I switched over to Spectrum from T-Mobile. I have not pulled my Facebook page it's still the same place it has been for 7 plus years with well over a thousand members. Now my website went down and go Daddy contacted me because they hosted it for me. they could not get in touch with the actual developer who built it to get the backup files. They and I have tried for months to reach him but no luck, the company phone still rings and have left many messages. I hope something bad has not happened to him but who knows. Go Daddy offered to build me a new one for $1,600 but I thought I could do better than that and have another person working on a new website for me now. Hope to have it up within the next 30 days. As far as tech support goes, I'm always available and if I don't answer the phone I always call back and I take calls 7 days a week until midnight CST. And show y'all will know I no longer sell the octastream Box. That company got me in a lot of trouble this past year by not being able to fill my orders which cost me a lot of money in cancellations. I have since came out with a new box after the first of this year that my customers absolutely love. It plays better it actually has two streaming services on it and it has the new Amlogic S905x3 processor which you will not find on a lot of my competitors boxes because it costs too much. At least that's what I was told. My competitors are still selling it for $400 and $500 my cost is only $295 but I do have a $10 a month subscription fee that has to be paid for the service that is offered. My box also can record live TV at the push of a button and if you have multiple TVs you do not have to buy multiple TV boxes. I am able to do more than one TV with just one box. And it's Wireless. Now I'm sure I'll probably get some bad responses from this because people just like to talk bad about other people for whatever reason. Ilovemymac seems to be a hater but thats ok, maybe he'll introduce himself to me one of these days at a show and I'll give him a good deal on a box and then you'll see him talk good about it. In the meantime I wish all of you well and hope you have a wonderful day and God bless. And if you want to reach out to me for whatever reason I do answer my phone and the number 682-717-6994
You are spilling a bunch of lies here. First off that processor is nothing fancy. It's a great processor, but it's a cheap processor made for streaming. It's not expensive it's not high-end. It does not compare to the processor in the Nvidia shield or the fire cube third generation, those are powerhouse processors. This is made to be a low cost efficient processor. In fact it's in the ONN box you could buy at Walmart for $20. It's in tons of TV and TV boxes. and I have met you actually number of times over the years at different trade shows and actually have a few of your units over the years too and you don't seem to remember me the next time that I see you that we have met previously.

If you are senior, I've met you quite a few tradeshows. I don't think I've met Mark Delany Junior. I'm sorry but every person I talk to you always says the same thing you come across as a used car salesman because used to be and that you will do anything to get the sale but you don't follow through with good support after the fact. there always seems to be an excuses to why this is changing that's changing. $1600 to build a website? 30 days? I know a ton of people who can build a website inside of a week. Actually I've seen some do it in a few days if they're using a template.

Keep peddling the snake oil. I have been working shows for a few companies at a booth next to you or close and seen you lie. Saw you at one show tell your partner in the booth you did not want to go to this other technology that was coming available because it would mean less money for you. So clearly you don't care about the customer. I'm no hater, sir. I have watched you personally sell something with downright lies. Every movie ever made. That's not possible and then you would say that shows are made available before they even are streamed on TV and that that way you could have the box and call your friends that have cable and tell them how the show ends. No, it doesn't work like that. I've heard you say had a show when I would be in a booth close to you all kinds of crap to a customer that wasn't true and the only reason you got away with it is because you're selling the people who aren't technology inclined, and they don't understand how this works. I never said anything at any show to you other than to be friendly, even though I'm sitting over there laughing to myself how absurd it is. I felt like I would give you a chance, and at different shows through the years I bought a couple of different boxes in the hopes that that one actually would live up to its promise. It never did. Each one is just a failure.

Just go look at the BBB page. almost all 1 star reviews. I know the man admitted to his partner working the booth with him that he was banned from some shows that were run by certain management companies because they didn't want him at the show. I know that one company said they received so many complaints about XM WIRED that they are not welcome. Believe me I work shows for companies and so I know it takes allot to be banned.
Think about this. for every negative review left there are dozens of people with similar feelings but never bothered to leave a review. I have seen other streaming companies at shows. Mark is just a snake oil salesman and nothing more. But at the end of the day you can do your own research I know I lost money on him but I will NEVER give him another dime and allot of others won't either.

Last edited: