Yeti Package/dual pane windows with new Bighorn

jarbay

Hi,

We became accidental snowbirds this winter - you might say we've been blown off course and are looking to upgrade in to a 5th wheel from our travel trailer. A couple Bighorn floor plans and a Sanibel are the finalists.

As we spend a lot of time up north we know we want the Yeti package yet don't see it listed on any build sheets. A sales rep told me that the Yeti package was included as part of the King of the Mountain package, but, since that rep. argued with me for about 40 minutes that their dealership never orders Bighorns with King beds, I'm not sure I want to take his word.

I tried contacting the rep I'd previously dealt with at the factory, but he is not returning my phone call. I called the factory directly and was punted in several different directions without ultimately talking with anybody who knew for sure.

Sooo, does anybody know how one would discern if a particular unit has (or does not have) the Yeti package? Dual pane windows?

Also, we are currently in the Tucson area but don't live here. We will ultimately have a home in the Tetons area. Any thoughts, comments, criticisms of dealerships west of the Mississippi? I know Camping World is horrible and had a really bad experience with LaMesa here in Tucson, but after that....

Thank you in advance

danemayer

Hi jarbay,

The Yeti Package and Dual Pane Frameless Windows are both listed as exterior options on the Bighorn. Here's a link to the page on the Heartlandrvs.com website.

There's also a recent MSRP listing at this link that shows these options under Heating and Cooling. The content of the King of the Mountain package is also detailed and doesn't seem to include Yeti or Dual Pane.

Things can change, so I'd also suggest you call Heartland Customer Service again at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Kary Katzenberger, the Bighorn General Manager.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
There are only a few BH's that do not come with a king bed. The yeti package and dual pane windows are a option. BTW, make sure you get/order the Goodyear G614 tires.

Last edited:

pegmikef

There are only a few BH's that do not come with a king bed. The yeti package and dual pane widows are a option. BTW, make sure you get/order the Goodyear G614 tires.

In fact I had to special order the queen size bed IPO the king size bed for mine. The king was standard in my model BH and I have one of the smallest ones.

caissiel

Would never need a king in an RV. Ours was taken out after 1 week. They are only the same length as a Queen and we could use the extra foot of walking space around the bed.

branson4020

Icantre Member
Although the title is about a couple of features, It seems to me that there is a more fundamental issue in the OPs post.

They can't get accurate information from either the local dealer or directly from Heartland, and, the only dealers anywhere near them in Tucson are CW and La Mesa, both with apparently horrible reputations and no-nothing sales folks. If I was comparing different brands, this would certainly weigh against the Heartland product.