Yosemite National Park

Grey Ghost

:cool:Wow, just returned from a week long trip to Yosemite National Park! What a beautiful place to visit!! We stayed at Pine Cliff RV Resort in June Lakes, CA for only $30.00 per night with full hookups and we were able to get satellite reception through the trees also! The fire kept us from seeing the village and being able to see the Dome and El Capiton, but the rest of the park was great. We also toured through Mammoth Lakes and saw some really pretty lakes and lots of wild life. No Bears....my wife wanted to see Bears big time! Heard of one in the campground, but never saw it. Tried to visit Bodie, the ghost town, but that morning it was raining so didn't get that in either. Had hear a lot about Bridgeton, CA so we went up there, but I'm telling you Mammoth Lakes, Lee Vining, June Lakes and that area is much more beautiful and offers lots to see. Took some really pretty drives and took lots of pictures, but pictures just never seem to do it justice. The drive between Phoenix and Yosemite is just boring, but worth it. We took I-10 over to San Bernardino and then up HWY 395 north to Lee Vining by Mono Lake and then took I-40 back to HWY 95 down through Parker and Lake Havasu, now that is a beautiful drive. Lake Havasu at sunset is beautiful! Would love to spend some time over there, but when the weather is great all the snowbirds take up the spots. To bad, nice area! Anyhow, if you have not been to Yosemite we highly recommend it. By the way the crowds were not bad either. Anywhere we wanted to pull over for pictures on our drive through the park was available and open. Also met some really nice people along the way!

whp4262

:cool:Wow, just returned from a week long trip to Yosemite National Park! What a beautiful place to visit!! We stayed at Pine Cliff RV Resort in June Lakes, CA for only $30.00 per night with full hookups and we were able to get satellite reception through the trees also! The fire kept us from seeing the village and being able to see the Dome and El Capiton, but the rest of the park was great. We also toured through Mammoth Lakes and saw some really pretty lakes and lots of wild life. No Bears....my wife wanted to see Bears big time! Heard of one in the campground, but never saw it. Tried to visit Bodie, the ghost town, but that morning it was raining so didn't get that in either. Had hear a lot about Bridgeton, CA so we went up there, but I'm telling you Mammoth Lakes, Lee Vining, June Lakes and that area is much more beautiful and offers lots to see. Took some really pretty drives and took lots of pictures, but pictures just never seem to do it justice. The drive between Phoenix and Yosemite is just boring, but worth it. We took I-10 over to San Bernardino and then up HWY 395 north to Lee Vining by Mono Lake and then took I-40 back to HWY 95 down through Parker and Lake Havasu, now that is a beautiful drive. Lake Havasu at sunset is beautiful! Would love to spend some time over there, but when the weather is great all the snowbirds take up the spots. To bad, nice area! Anyhow, if you have not been to Yosemite we highly recommend it. By the way the crowds were not bad either. Anywhere we wanted to pull over for pictures on our drive through the park was available and open. Also met some really nice people along the way!

Grey Ghost how was your experience with Pine Cliff? Me and my wife are planning a future trip to Yosemite with the kids so we looked up Pine Cliff RV resort on the Internet and found many bad reviews, mostly concerning the owner and staff and a few saying it was over crowded.

Grey Ghost

The people at check in were not real friendly, but if approached in a friendly manner they came around and at the end we were joking about stuff. It was very crowded but not load or over crowded. We were in spot 152 and it was great, kind of by our selves but really right in the middle of the park. Lots of kids running around, but still not overly crowded and you didn't feel fenced in at any time. We spent most our time roaming around the area so didn't have a lot of time in the campground. I walked the dog every morning and night and got to talk to a lot of people and most were very friendly. We found the place to clean and for the most part quite after 9:00 pm or so. We were able to satellite reception from our spot. Had lots of little squirrels running around so that kept the dog entertained most of the time. Rest room were clean for the most part. We would stay there again. Silver Lake campground is gravel with spots very close together, tried to get into Mammoth RV in Mammoth Lakes but they were booked, it looked pretty nice too. Most of the other campgrounds around there are dry and very crowded and close together. At least at Pine Cliffs the person next cannot watch you while you're eating! If you end up there let me know what you think of the spot. Don't know how big your rig is, but some of the spots at Pine Cliff would be a reall challenge getting into, pretty tight with all the trees. Go luck and enjoy!
Grey Ghost how was your experience with Pine Cliff? Me and my wife are planning a future trip to Yosemite with the kids so we looked up Pine Cliff RV resort on the Internet and found many bad reviews, mostly concerning the owner and staff and a few saying it was over crowded.