Your feedback is requested on a bathroom change "idea" for Landmark Key Largo and Rushmore

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
My glass also shattered. It happened when I dropped the KL off the hitch. After looking at it I think it hit the bolt cover for the door lock when it slipped off. Maybe something Heartland should take a look at.

LBallard

Mine shattered while enroute from Erie,Pa to Watertown, NY. The acorn Nut holding the door latch came loose and who knows how it shattered, especially the center pane. I secured the latch with a lock nut. I was really surprised setting up camp that afternoon.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I think that when the door comes free the center door can come in contact withe the nut cover. And when it hits the cover shatters the center door. Same door on mine. I bet you where surprised to find it. I still have glass in my vent.

LBallard

There was quite a bit of glass in the floor vent. I reached as far as i could with a wet vac. I am going to have the dealer take a look. Hopefully none got in the heater blower fan.

porthole

Retired
At the Goshen rally I picked up a flexible 2' long vacuum wand from the Always Shiny Wheels booth. Might be just what you need to reach down the vent.

jbeletti

Mine shattered while enroute from Erie,Pa to Watertown, NY. The acorn Nut holding the door latch came loose and who knows how it shattered, especially the center pane. I secured the latch with a lock nut. I was really surprised setting up camp that afternoon.

At the 2011 rally in Goshen, SEA (Shower Enclosures of America) informed us that there is a new latch design that was about to go into production that eliminates this loose acorn nut assembly. Not sure if this is something that can be retrofitted onto our earlier design units.

Jim

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Re: Your feedback is request on a bathroom change "idea" for Ladnmark Key Largo and Rushmore

I know that my husband, Michael, has already added his two cents but thought that coming from the organized part of this duo I'd add my 2 cents, as well. We are fulltiming in our Key Largo and have PLENTY of storage space in the entire coach. We use the tall cabinet in the bedroom for linens & bathroom essentials (that aren't necessarily used on an everyday basis). We still have storage above & under the sink and above the toilet (which still doesn't have much in it!) in the bathroom. The large shower is a HUGE plus! We love it. Coming from a small 29ft TT with an itty bitty shower this is like being in heaven!

When we first started planning our order we thought that the shower w/ storage was an option and that was what I wanted...the more storage the better as even has said. When it was time to order we found out that it was NOT an option and I was pretty disappointed. Now, I am THANKFUL it was not an option!

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
I like the linen closet storage space in the bath and would consider the smaller but still large enough shower with the linen storage. We are ordering our Key Largo this week and will ask specifically for the linen closet in the bath. What are the dimensions of the bath with and without the linen closet?