Ziploc Space Bag

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I know some of you have probably used Space Bags, but I discovered they really do work! Using the Dyson vacuum that came with our rig, I was able to vacuum seal some shirts for storage, since our closet is a little small for fulltiming.

6a0e1cb161b24076f6545740967fd4c4.jpg

Bag empty.
296e3154c996819b63e06a1772c762f1.jpg

Bag loaded with 10 XL long-sleeve shirts.
8fa929c6c8a02056a6be1869e166999c.jpg

All packed, ready to go.
69b6c8ec473d30555d30201709691658.jpg

Seal the ziplock, and place vacuum over nozzle.
689f02a113e62070179ef40d6e9a1917.jpg

Air is removed.
ac8e44914e79c1b385e204373daba7ac.jpg

Finished product!

This was a kit that came with 4 bags (it says each holds 10 sweaters) and a fabric "box" to store your bags all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I know some of you have probably used Space Bags, but I discovered they really do work! Using the Dyson vacuum that came with our rig, I was able to vacuum seal some shirts for storage, since our closet is a little small for fulltiming.

6a0e1cb161b24076f6545740967fd4c4.jpg

Bag empty.
296e3154c996819b63e06a1772c762f1.jpg

Bag loaded with 10 XL long-sleeve shirts.
8fa929c6c8a02056a6be1869e166999c.jpg

All packed, ready to go.
69b6c8ec473d30555d30201709691658.jpg

Seal the ziplock, and place vacuum over nozzle.
689f02a113e62070179ef40d6e9a1917.jpg

Air is removed.
ac8e44914e79c1b385e204373daba7ac.jpg

Finished product!

This was a kit that came with 4 bags (it says each holds 10 sweaters) and a fabric "box" to store your bags all together.

Although we don't full time, we use them to store clothing for the trailer. Some stays in the trailer over the winter and some gets stored in totes at home until the next season. I learned on training deployments to use 2-gallon ziplocs for my uniforms, etc., in a duffel bag. More than once, our gear got tossed off a truck in the rain puddles.

TravelTiger

I forgot to mention, the "kit" was bought at WalMart, for less than $21.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We use them to put winter clothes and jackets in during season they are not needed as well as some tshirts we want to keep with us

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Neat idea. Thanks for sharing. I forgot about these bags but will definately go get some but not at Walmart. Really try to avoid Walmart.

rxbristol

I like them...just wish all the bags would keep sealed. I think they can easily get a pinhole which lets air in over time.

TxCowboy

We have all of our winter clothes in these Ziplock bags and have them stored under the bed. Frees up tons of space. Love 'em! :)

porthole

Retired
I like them...just wish all the bags would keep sealed. I think they can easily get a pinhole which lets air in over time.

I have tried several brands over the years, especially for storing boat stuff. Never found one that will hold a vacuum longer then a month, if that.

Lou_and_Bette

I have tried several brands over the years, especially for storing boat stuff. Never found one that will hold a vacuum longer then a month, if that.

Pretty much the same with us...over time (longer if not moving at all, shorter if gets moved around or gets hot) have had all of them lose vacuum.

TravelTiger

Pretty much the same with us...over time (longer if not moving at all, shorter if gets moved around or gets hot) have had all of them lose vacuum.

Awww, I was hoping they would work. Will see, and report back our experience. The biggest factor for us was just that we need more rod space for Tony's new work clothes, right now as school gets started. We're still a few months off from needing long sleeves, so I opted to "store" our long-sleeve clothes until we need them. Then we can switch out with some of the short-sleeved ones as it gets cold. In Texas, that could be October. Or December. Or February. ;)

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Awww, I was hoping they would work. Will see, and report back our experience. The biggest factor for us was just that we need more rod space for Tony's new work clothes, right now as school gets started. We're still a few months off from needing long sleeves, so I opted to "store" our long-sleeve clothes until we need them. Then we can switch out with some of the short-sleeved ones as it gets cold. In Texas, that could be October. Or December. Or February. ;)

Erica keep using them as we have not had any issues and have been using them for well over 2 seasons now. We do store them under bed with things that don't get used often so that may help some.

MCTalley

Another benefit - we use a couple when we pack our suitcases for air travel. Sure can cram a lot of stuff in your bag when it's compacted down. Since our airline credit card gives us each a free checked bag, we tend to put most all our clothing in the checked bags. Really handy when traveling from a warm to cold climate since coats and jackets are big space-eaters.

BigGuy82

agreed. The last time we tried them, we stored a bunch of clothes under the bed at home. A couple of month later we went to retrieve them and the bags were inflated, jamming them under the bed.

Over the years we've tried these several times ... same results.