PDA

View Full Version : Slam Latch Baggage Door Discussion

Bobgy
06-29-2009, 05:29 PM
3 weeks ago we went to Camper World to get our slam baggage door looked at. As we are having the same problem of it rubbing on the frame.
We set up an appointment for June 26 to have it repaired. We then were told we need to take pictures as Heartland wanted pictures of the problem. So far Heartland has not contacted Camper World and the pictures have been sent. We are now waiting for Camper World to get back with us. We have seen this same problem when we went to Elkhart to pick up our 5th wheel. It was also on the same one we have: 2010 3580.

Bobby A
06-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Bobgy,

What a coincidence, we have a 2010 3580, this is the 2nd S/baggage door that has gone bad. The 1st one started seperating enter from the outer skin, we were in Elkhart a couple months back and RV capital put a new one on. Email me or PM me with the issues you are having with yours. We should compare notes.

Bobby A

Bob&Patty
06-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Bobby and Bob, I think that Mor/ryde is aware of the problem with the slam doors. I think I read that they are working on a new design. You might want to contact Mor/ryde about this. Bob

Bobgy
06-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Bobby,
Were you the folks that has the floor replaced at the factory in March or April?
We did hear back from Camper World and Heartland is going to repair it but, it looks like it will be a while. We hope by the middle of July. But, if this is your second door, I wonder if they have the problem corrected?
Thanks, Bobgy

Bobby A
06-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Yes, Bobgy that was us, how did you know ?? were you the other folks that was at RV Capital and took your unit to the factory the same day we did ??

Bob & Patty, I thought I heard somewhere that Dometic was making the slam baggage doors ??

Thanks guys,
Bobby A

Bob&Patty
06-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Bobby, you could be right. I could have sworn that I typed in Lippert. I thought that they were the ones making them. Now I am really confused:confused::confused: Bob:o

jmgratz
06-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Remember at the Heartland Rally we tour Mor-Ryde and they told us they were making the slam doors. Heartland Customer Service can confirm the supplier of them

Bobby A
06-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Well. who ever is making these slam baggage doors, there seems to be a problem with them. It's an awsome addition to the coach but they need to get the problem resolved. It shouldn't be to hard to do, they been putting them in motor homes for years.

jbeletti
06-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Bobby,

Mor/ryde feels they have licked this issue going forward.

See this post for more info. (//heartlandowners.org/showpost.php?p=75431&postcount=28)

Jim

Bobgy
07-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Yes Bobby A, that was us. We got great service at the factory, they fixed our problems. And since then we have been to several places and had no problems at all. Until the slam door. But, I guess that will get fixed in time. The concern we have is its rubbing on the 5th wheel and I don't want to get the 5th wheel scratched, I can do that by myself. We need to get it done before the middle of July as we have several trips planned. One being with the Colorado Club. which we are looking forward too. Let me know when you get yours fixed and if it solved the problem.
Thanks, Bob

porthole
07-02-2009, 02:04 AM
what is a "Slam Latch Baggage Door "?

SmokeyBare
07-02-2009, 07:36 AM
Porthole,

Look at the features on Heartland's product overview page... here is a link:

>> http://www.heartlandrvs.com/product.html?id=2&name=Bighorn&type=Fifth+Wheel

Marv

jbeletti
07-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Duane,

Check post #1 in this thread (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=8263) for pictures and info on what the slam latch door is.

porthole
07-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Guess I should have "searched" first.

jbeletti
07-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Guess I should have "searched" first.

You'll never get chastised here for not searching first :) We're a pretty friendly bunch. Something that sets this forum apart from others a bit.

But once you use the Google Search tool here, you'll love it.

Jim

GETnBYE
07-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Sorry, but what exactly is the slam latch/door

skyguy
07-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Code words for the secret handshake that only 2010 owners share
Actually, check out the entire thread - see page one, msg 1

porthole
07-02-2009, 04:18 PM
You'll never get chastised here for not searching first :)

Maybe not - but I knew better :cool:

palebluedot
07-02-2009, 06:42 PM
If you read my post in the "Welcome" area you are aware of the issue with the new type lift-up cargo door on the 2010 models. Apparently they can not be aligned or adjusted properly resulting in the door scraping the side of the unit when opened along with a bad leak into the cargo area. I took the new 3610RE Bighorn to the dealer last week and received a call today informing me that the new door unit will arrive on July 17th from the vendor (Lippert ?) and I will be called when it is installed. We have a trip planned for the last week of July, so hope everything goes right. Will post the results. The new type latches on the cargo doors are great by the way. Wish everyone a happy & safe July 4th.

Bobby A
07-02-2009, 06:53 PM
I think you mean the new Slam Baggage Doors ?? Many of us are having issues with them. It is a wonderful addition if they can get the problems resolved. I have had two of them gone bad, waiting on Heartland to advise on the 3rd one. I have heard the manufacture of them is Mor/Ride and they are aware there is a problem, as per another post on this issue.
Bobby A

Bobby A
07-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Bobgy,
Thats so funny we met at RV capital, glad to hear the factory did you right, they also did a GREAT job for us, did a fabulous job on putting in a new floor in less than 3 hours, it took RV capital 3 days to screw up. The factory also did a few other things that RV capital could not do. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about the factory. Let me know on your new slam baggage door and how it turns out. This will be my 3rd one. I hope Jim B is right and they finally got the problem resolved.

sgtbigb
07-02-2009, 09:02 PM
I have the same problem with the doors on my 2010 3610RE, I am also waiting for a reply from Heartland for a replacement door.

palebluedot
07-16-2009, 02:54 PM
I just received the call today that the new slam latch baggage door arrived and has been installed on the 3610RE. WE will be picking it up tomorrow. Will report the results then.

Bobby A
07-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Mine will be replaced in a few weeks, Heartland customer service is Awsome !!

KENNY COCHRAN
07-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Gee, glad that have a solution. I've replaced one and the 2nd one is going out after a month or so. I was ready to put pop rivets in it to fix it one way or the other.

rgirouard
07-17-2009, 02:18 PM
I also have bad baggage doors (separating).
I called Customer Service at Heartland and was told that they do not do any warranty work. How did you get them to do the work for you. I certainly would rather the factory replace the door for me. Any info would be much appreciated. They are steering me to RV Capital.
Roger

Yes, Bobgy that was us, how did you know ?? were you the other folks that was at RV Capital and took your unit to the factory the same day we did ??

Bob & Patty, I thought I heard somewhere that Dometic was making the slam baggage doors ??

Thanks guys,
Bobby A

rick_debbie_gallant
07-17-2009, 03:02 PM
sure wish i would have known about some of these problems before I purchased my unit. Hope I dont have some of these same problems everyone else is having.... so far no problems but for a few minor fit and finish issues.

klindgren
07-17-2009, 03:09 PM
I've got the same problem with my 2010 Pinehurst. Love the new doors but everytime I open the doorside baggage door, it rubs, scrapes and then "pops" to the open position.

Got a call into my dealer, Chesapeake RV Solutions but Tim and Jacolyn are on their annual Anniversary vaction so I gotta wait until Tuesday to talk with him.:rolleyes: Not going any where with the trailer for a couple of weeks so I am not in a big hurry. I know Tim will make it right when he gets home.:p

I was going to say "wish I could take a week off" but then I'll be gone for two weeks next month on a Alaskan Cruise so I guess I can't say too much about them taking a week away.:)

Keith

palebluedot
07-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Well, we picked up the Bighorn today and the dealer replaced the complete slam latch door unit (door & frame) . It looks exactly like the old unit. I was under the impression that Heartland had a "new design" for replacing the defective units. The new one is working fine for now, but I am keeping a close watch to see if it starts doing like to old one. The original unit had some slack in the hinge pins around the nylon bushings. The new one is tight now, but for how long? Aside from the slam latch door, I had an issue with the entrance door as it would not lock from the inside using the turn knob. Seems the latch bolt would not line up with the hole in the strike plate. The technician in attempting to correct that problem bent the strike plate and door frame. He must have been using a crowbar and hammer. So now they have to order a new entrance door assembly which is supposed to take a couple weeks and another trip back to the dealer (116 miles). Maybe I will know by then if the new slam latch door is going to hold up. Jeeeze !!!

Superduty
07-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Put me on the Doorside latch door broken as well.. The RV is a 2010 Landmark Grand Canyon. The Dealer told me it was 4 weeks until they could get a door,, Then the body shop will have to paint and stripe...

For the mean time I just drilled a hole and stuck a machine screw threw it and tightened it up... also painted to match... Working great..

Bobby A
07-17-2009, 07:25 PM
I called Customer Service at Heartland and was told that they do not do any warranty work. How did you get them to do the work for you. I certainly would rather the factory replace the door for me. Any info would be much appreciated. They are steering me to RV Capital.
Roger

Roger, the slam baggage door comes with the frame & door all in one assembly, your dealer should be able to do an R&R, I would be most conserned that the new door you receive is the new fix. I have been told that the factory is putting the new fix on line, so the new doors should be the fixed version. As far as us going to the factory, we had some work done at a place, and the work was totally unexceptable, long story.

KENNY COCHRAN
07-17-2009, 08:24 PM
Roger

HEARTLAND HAS DEALERS ACROSS THE USA TO DO THE WARRANTY WORK. NOBODY GOES TO GM AND ASKS THEM TO DO A TUNEUP. THINK ABOUT IT.

KENNY COCHRAN
07-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Well, we picked up the Bighorn today and the dealer replaced the complete slam latch door unit (door & frame) . It looks exactly like the old unit. I was under the impression that Heartland had a "new design" for replacing the defective units.

SOUNDS LIKE YOU GOT THE ORIGINAL DOOR. JUST WAIT A FEW MONTHS AND IT WILL GO OUT AGAIN. THEN YOU WILL GET THE "REAL" DOOR.

jnbhobe
07-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Does anyone have pictures of a bad door. I had slam doors installed after the Goshen rally. Just wondering if I have the new design. Jon :confused: :confused: :confused:

KENNY COCHRAN
07-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Wait a few weeks and you will find out. I have not seen the new one, but i do have 2 of the bad ones. Somehow, i think the outside metal skin and the inside metal skin will be welded together. They are now glued to a foam core in the middle which does not hold them together.

kakampers
07-17-2009, 09:34 PM
I think there is a little bit of a misconception concerning who exactly is re-designing the slam baggage doors.

The doors are NOT manufactured by Heartland. The are a vendor item supplied by Mor-Ryde and any re-design will be done by them. Heartland's only involvement would be to have the newly designed door put on their assembly line for installation, and to have any defective ones replaced, thru their dealer network, after obtaining them from Mor-Ryde...hope this helps.

palebluedot
07-18-2009, 05:43 AM
I get the impression from the other posts that there are 2 different problems with the current door unit. My problem concerns the door edge scraping the top of the frame which shaves off paint and metal. What I'm hearing is another unrelated issue with the door sections coming apart.

klindgren
07-18-2009, 05:52 AM
I get the impression from the other posts that there are 2 different problems with the current door unit. My problem concerns the door edge scraping the top of the frame which shaves off paint and metal. What I'm hearing is another unrelated issue with the door sections coming apart.

Bill,

My problem is exactly the same as yours. Rubbing on the top and scrapping the paint away. I'm not sure if it is a different problem or just that you stated it differenty than others. It seems we all have issue with the door rubbing and not being able to re-align it.

Keith

2010augusta
07-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Our LM as the early style side hinged doors, and the only problem we have is the door does scrap the screw heads that hold the frame in place, but I am having no other issues. That made me wonder if the issues could have arose when HL or mor-ryde changed the design from side hinged to a top hinged design? Those of you with issues; do you have top hinged or side hinged baggage doors?

Ray LeTourneau
07-18-2009, 06:26 AM
Does anyone have pictures of a bad door. I had slam doors installed after the Goshen rally. Just wondering if I have the new design. Jon :confused: :confused: :confused:
Jon, I seem to remember they had determined the problem just before our time at Mor/ryde. I'm guessing here but you should have gotten the newer version of the doors. By the way, I hope all is well with you guys. It was great to meet you & Patti.

kakampers
07-18-2009, 06:45 AM

The problem, as far as we've seen, is one in the same. Apparently after they took the door and made it swing UP instead of to the side, that's when the doors started "pulling apart". When this occured the top edge of the door came out of alignment and then started rubbing the frame.

It appears the door, in it's original design, could not handle the stress of the upward movement applied by the pistons used to move it...not sure exactly what the re-design involves, but my understanding from Jim B. is that it has been re-designed, and that the retrofits of bad doors will take a little time.

I'd imagine they will replace doors as needed. If some don't have a problem with their doors then they won't be replaced. This is not a safety issue so I'm sure they're not going to recall anything...just replace as they fail. The door latches failing is another issue altogether, and again, I think they will replace them as they are reported by owners.

We we're scheduled to have our doors retrofitted on our 08' before we got to the Goshen rally. However, on the way up we saw new units with door problems, and also on the new units on display at the rally, and decided to hold off and give Mor-Ryde a chance to correct these problems first. They are a good company and they will make it right...sometimes this is the problem with a brand new product...they got to work the bugs out...:o

rgirouard
07-18-2009, 07:59 AM
You have the same problem. If your door is rubbing against the frame, the door is starting to separate. Right now my door can only open to the horizontal position as it is stopped by the frame. Does nasty stuff to it also.
When it started failing, it would rub and them pop up to a fully opened position but now it can't even do that.

Hope my new door is a NEW door (design):mad:

Bill,

My problem is exactly the same as yours. Rubbing on the top and scrapping the paint away. I'm not sure if it is a different problem or just that you stated it differenty than others. It seems we all have issue with the door rubbing and not being able to re-align it.

Keith

Bobby A
07-18-2009, 03:32 PM

The two slam baggage doors I have had thats gone bad started rubbing on the top corner of the frame and then eventually started to seperate the inner from the outer. So I think its the same problem. Also, I was under the impression the new doors are not a new design, just a fix from the original design. I'am awaiting my 3rd door and hopefully the last.

KENNY COCHRAN
07-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Your doors are scraping on the top of the frame, because they are coming apart, have your wife open the door, stand on the end of the door where it is scraping and you will see the door separating from the white foam inside the door.

palebluedot
07-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Thanks to everyone for all the good info. This is my 3rd door. When we purchased the 3610RE the original was doing the scraping thing. The dealer pulled one from another Bighorn and replaced it before we left the lot. Less than a month later and the second unit was doing the same thing. They then ordered and installed this one. I guess the 4th one will maybe the new design. If this one goes bad, I think I'll live with it until Heartland releases the real fix. I can't see the wisdom of replacing bad units with another defective one. JMHO.

2010augusta
07-18-2009, 04:59 PM
I guess I am lucky I got the early style side-hinged doors. I love them and I don't hit my head trying to access stuff in the basement. They do catch the wind on occasion, but they function great. I still do not understand why HL/mor-ryde changed to the top-hinged style. It seems like the change over was not well thought out.

RVerFulltime
07-19-2009, 05:41 PM
So....The slam door that people are having problems with is ONLY the awning side slam door that opens up/down? The other slam doors that open to the side are fine?

ralphpam
07-19-2009, 07:27 PM
We have 3 of our slam doors that are rubbing on the frame. The only one that is not is the propane door.

klindgren
07-20-2009, 05:19 AM
I guess I am lucky I got the early style side-hinged doors. I love them and I don't hit my head trying to access stuff in the basement. They do catch the wind on occasion, but they function great. I still do not understand why HL/mor-ryde changed to the top-hinged style. It seems like the change over was not well thought out.

Wait a minute. You got two "basement/baggage" slam doors that open sideways??? How'd you get so lucky???:rolleyes:

Of course that begs the question, if Heartland (Mor-Ryde) has to repace the door and frame then why couldn't they put in a side swinging door like 2010augusta's in place of the up swinging door they have in my rig.:confused:

Keith

2010augusta
07-20-2009, 06:10 AM
Wait a minute. You got two "basement/baggage" slam doors that open sideways??? How'd you get so lucky???:rolleyes:

Of course that begs the question, if Heartland (Mor-Ryde) has to repace the door and frame then why couldn't they put in a side swinging door like 2010augusta's in place of the up swinging door they have in my rig.:confused:

Keith

Our Landmark was built the first week of November 2008, and was one of the very first unit with the "slam" doors, and at that point in time all the slam doors were side hinged. The factory could not even tell me if the unit had the old doors or slam doors until it came back from paint and they could see it again. the factory only installed two side hinged doors for about a month or so. here are a couple shot as proof.

jbeletti
07-20-2009, 09:11 AM
...I still do not understand why HL/mor-ryde changed to the top-hinged style. It seems like the change over was not well thought out...

Alan and others wondering,

The move to a top-hinged door for the door-side baggage door was driven by dealer and prospective customer feedback. We had the new units at RV shows all winter and the feedback was resounding.

That does not make it the best way to do it but it seemed like it was what people really wanted. Taking nothing away from Alan's side-hinged door, the feedback we were getting was that the wind can catch it and use it as a sail and swing it all the way open in a sort of hyper-flex way.

This pre-hung, slam-latch door design is rather new on "fifth wheels" and as we all know, our supplier, Mor/ryde has gone through some design improvements based on field experience with the new doors.

I mentioned this somewhere on the forum... In June, at the Goshen rally, I stopped by Mor/ryde and had a chance to speak to a couple engineers. They told me and Terry H that they had further improved the design and they seemed confident in the new design. Time will tell.

Anyone who has had the bowing/delamination issue with their door-side slam latch door that is having it replaced under warranty now, should be getting the latest design. Others like BobbyA who had one of his replaced early on, likely got the original design as a replacement, before the root cause was known.

Jim

palebluedot
07-20-2009, 02:20 PM
jbeletti,

I just had the slam door replaced on July 16. Is there any way to tell if it is the new design?

jbeletti
07-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Sorry Bill - I don't have slam latch doors on my unit - so I can't explain the visual differences to help you determine what you have. Jon (jnphobe) had the doors added in June as a retrofit to his BH. You and he may be able to compare.

Jim

RVerFulltime
07-23-2009, 01:38 PM
I now see the awning side SLAM DOOR for the basement that goes up/down starting to rub on the frame.:(

From what I am reading on this forum, SLAM DOORS that open up/down and sideways are going bad.

Since I would like to only go to the dealer once for SLAM DOOR replacements, should I wait for the rest of the SLAM DOORS to go bad?

What is the warranty period on the SLAM DOORS? One year or two year from date of purchase of the Fifth Wheel?

aatauses
07-23-2009, 04:10 PM
We have a 2010 BH 3670 and all our doors except the one for the battery box are hitting on the frame with the worst one being the baggage with the lift. If we call our dealer will they be getting the 'new doors' so as not to have to go through this again??

DickO
07-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks to Jim Beletti & Jim Fenner at Heartland our 2nd slam door is on order for our 2010 BH 3055. First one, the hinges were broken when we picked it up. 2nd one scrapes.

2010augusta
07-23-2009, 07:03 PM
We have a 2010 BH 3670 and all our doors except the one for the battery box are hitting on the frame with the worst one being the baggage with the lift. If we call our dealer will they be getting the 'new doors' so as not to have to go through this again??

aatauses: Are your propane doors scraping too? The only issue we have is a very slight rub/scuff from the screw heads on the very top and bottom of the baggage doors, but it is not enough to worry about.

I am still interested in this problems, and will like to see pictures of a few "bad" doors. I cannot believe that no-one has post any pictures as of yet.

KENNY COCHRAN
07-23-2009, 09:45 PM
I have one old door in storage and one damaged door still on my rv waiting on a new door. Too lazy to take a picture and try to put it on here.
Picture 2 outer metal sides to the door, in the middle is a piece of 1/2 or 3/4" white styrofoam which the outer sides are glued too. What is happening is the glue is not holding to the foam. It comes unglued on the door and then rubs on the top of the frame when it is opened.

palebluedot
07-24-2009, 10:07 AM

We had to wait over 3 weeks for the dealer to receive the third replacement
door from Heartland. I am hoping the delay was due to the factory being out
of the "old" units and having to wait for the new design. The dealer had no idea if it was the old or new. If it is new, I can't tell any difference just by visual inspection.

aatauses
07-24-2009, 10:37 AM
2010augusta: The baggage door is the worst with the "popping" that everyone is having. The other two doors are "sagging" to a point where they need to be "lifted" to close properly. I have tried all the adjustments I can get to with no results. The door for the battery compartment appears to be doing ok.
We are currently moving up the East coast and I had a dealer in WV look at them and he concluded that the doors should be replaced, may wait until we are sure we will get the "new design".

RVerFulltime
07-24-2009, 01:30 PM
2010augusta: We are currently moving up the East coast and I had a dealer in WV look at them and he concluded that the doors should be replaced, may wait until we are sure we will get the "new design".

We are thinking about waiting a couple more months to see if the rest of our SLAM DOORS start to fall apart. It would be nice if Heartland would come out and say that they will just replace all of our SLAM DOORS instead of us having to go to the dealer each time another SLAM DOOR falls apart.:confused:

palebluedot
07-24-2009, 04:11 PM
I think by now everyone is aware of the design defect with the slam latch doors and I assume that Heartland agrees. It is my understanding that Heartland is only replacing doors as they start separating and causing problems - primarily with the door that opens on the top with the gas struts. My question concerns what will be Heartlands policy once the unit is out of warranty (one year). I would hope that they would honor replacing these defective design units long after the warranty expires when they start separating. Seems that the side opening doors may take longer than the top opening type for the problem to manifest itself due to less strain. JMHO

DMitch
07-25-2009, 01:49 PM
Do the recently built 2010 models have the new design? Mine seem to work so well I hate to think that down the road I may be in troble with these doors.

Bobby A
07-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Do the recently built 2010 models have the new design? Mine seem to work so well I hate to think that down the road I may be in troble with these doors.
Depends on when yours was built, my 2010 was built in late March and mine was one of the first to have the problem.

RVerFulltime
07-27-2009, 08:19 AM
:o
Depends on when yours was built, my 2010 was built in late March and mine was one of the first to have the problem.

Ours was built in the middle of March and we are seeing a problem with the awning side SLAM DOOR that goes up/down.

We believe palebluedot is correct, it will take longer but the rest of the SLAM DOORS will start to fall apart. This is why we are waiting a little longer and hope that Heartland steps up and just replaces all of the SLAM DOORS on our unit at once with the new design.

For the most part, Heartland produces a good product, but if Heartland starts to be known for the Company that produces RV's whose doors fall off, this would NOT be good for business. :o

KENNY COCHRAN
07-27-2009, 10:46 PM
For the most part, Heartland produces a good product, but if Heartland starts to be known for the Company that produces RV's whose doors fall off, this would NOT be good for business.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN, HEARTLAND HAS TAKEN THE PROBLEM AND FIXED IT ALL WITHIN 3-4 MONTHS OF DOORS STARTING TO HAVE PROBLEMS.

rckc228
07-28-2009, 05:17 AM
I have a even bigger problem, my unit has the full body paint. They can't just replace the door. Each paint job is slightly different. Don,t know what they will do.

KENNY COCHRAN
07-28-2009, 05:37 PM
They have a paint code and will repaint it. No problem. Body shops make a living every day doing rv's and motorhomes.

klindgren
07-28-2009, 08:43 PM
For the most part, Heartland produces a good product, but if Heartland starts to be known for the Company that produces RV's whose doors fall off, this would NOT be good for business.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN, HEARTLAND HAS TAKEN THE PROBLEM AND FIXED IT ALL WITHIN 3-4 MONTHS OF DOORS STARTING TO HAVE PROBLEMS.

Boy do I agree with Kenny. Heartland, true to every thing I've heard about them has already told Chesapeake RV Solutions that they are sending a replacement door for my doorside baggage compartment.

Heartland has been on top of this and is "doing right" by fixing the problem as soon as becomes apparant. I'm impressed!!

Keith

rick_debbie_gallant
08-05-2009, 11:15 AM
HEY ALL:
I also have the "slam bagage doors". At first all was well. Now, however I am starting to hear them scrape. I also notice there is poor "fit, finish and alignment" (ffa). The ffa that I am speaking about consists of the hinge side being to close to the door frame. Also, on some of the side hung doors the door to frame spacing is poor. I.E: 1/4 inch space at top of door and 1/8 inch on bootom.