Bowman Lake @ West Glacier Montana..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Today DW and I took a great trip to Bowman Lake outside of West Glacier Montana. The road there went good to really bad. The last 6 miles were potholes and rocks. We were told it was gravel but all the gravel was worn off. However the view at the end was well worth at least one triip.

If you want to see all the pictures go to Bowman Lake and see the pictures I took.

Here is a sample..
DSC_3337.jpg

And talk about a great looking Truck..:p
DSC_3345.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pictures....

BC

2010augusta

Beautiful area, The Wife and I went all the way to Kintla Lake last year, before we had the LM. If your in that area still make sure you stop at the Polebridge Mercantile and get some sticky buns and sweet rolls. They are a good way to start the day.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
To late... Someone else had suggested that we stop at Polebridge. The road was so rough that we did not want to stop for anything... Have a pictrue of the Polebridge store in the photobucket link...

Maybe next time.. Oh.. Maybe not.. the road there is not any fun...

BC

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Bob, yep looks like Montana to me. Almost looks like our property there. If you have time and are near Big Timber, take a trip out to the Natural Bridge National Park SW of I 90 on the Boulder Highway. It you stop at the "FORT" and get fuel or food, if your nice my daughter might take you out there. Took us there last year. Bob:D

truknutt

Committed Member
Thanks for sharing, Bob. I have to say that you get some beautiful shots. Trevor looks like he's doing well and enjoying the adventures!

Stay safe.

osims

bsims
Bob
Those are some beautiful photos, i have put one as my background on the computer. Looks like you and Pat are having a great time. Looking forward to visiting in Oct. in Houston.
Bill

Netem

Bob, very nice pictures. We finally got high speed out here in the country so was able to open them. Pat sure has a big smile holding Trevor. Have fun on the road and be safe.
Neil

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
That right there, is what this lifestyle is all about...thanks Bob!:)

Bowman Lake is now on our list of "must see's".

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Great photos ... they brightened my day. God is Great....and a wonderful sculpture

mregister

My wife and I were there a few weeks ago, we live about 2 hours south in Ronan, MT. Bowman lake is one of my favorite campsites, but you are right, the road to the lake is brutal. I have added a few pics my wife took also. Was that little black bear still coming into the campground at night?? We were really upset to hear they destroyed a female grizzly in East Glacier a few days ago- it has caused quite a stir in the editorials the last few days.

20090725-032.jpg

20090725-066.jpg

20090725-027.jpg

20090725-013.jpg