What do these tree items have in common

porthole

Retired
What do these three items have in common

Look at the pics first - see if you can guess.

Answer is below.

Attachments

• D30_4750.JPG
    D30_4750.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 129
  • D30_4841.JPG
    D30_4841.JPG
    266.9 KB · Views: 138
  • D30_4930.JPG
    D30_4930.JPG
    352.6 KB · Views: 131

porthole

Retired
If you put a Fantastic Fan in the bathroom and set it to exhaust, and you have the basement doors open, and the AC is on and it is hot outside the vent will pull hot air through the basement, over the bulkhead wall and out the return duct duct - making it feel like the heat is on and blowing in the Wong direction.

Those Fantastic Fans sure do move a lot of air!

imchud

If you put a Fantastic Fan in the bathroom and set it to exhaust, and you have the basement doors open, and the AC is on and it is hot outside the vent will pull hot air through the basement, over the bulkhead wall and out the return duct duct - making it feel like the heat is on and blowing in the Wong direction.

Those Fantastic Fans sure do move a lot of air!

Wow... A lot of thought went into your answer... I was just going to say all three didn't work:rolleyes:

porthole

Retired
No problems at all. My wife took a shower the other morning and then told me she thought the heat was on after walking past the return duct.

My point was that the Fantastic Fans can move a lot of air, especially over the stock bathroom fan.

With the baggage doors open on a hot day the bath fan was pulling in outside air through the basement and into the coach through the return vent.

porthole

Retired
Could be real interesting/dangerous if you have a propane leak.:eek:

Well I suppose - but the propane if leaking would be out the bottom of the forward compartment. The outside air is being pulled in from the top of the basement wall, over the rear bulkhead.

Now that I now this is a possible outside air leak I will be sealing that area.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Found out about the same thing in the winter time. I would have electric heaters on but when I passed by the vent I could feel cold air. I ended up placing some heavy craft paper over the vent and used some tape to hold it in place.

BC