Vent covers over the Auto Fantastic Fans.

ChopperBill

Would like to put some covers over the Fantastic Fans. I prefer the Areo's over the Max's. They have more air flow and IMO better looking. But, I don't think the Areo's have as much height as the Max. Anyone for see any problem or can you use the fans on auto with the covers? Will the Fan cover stop when it contacts the top of the other cover?

phranc

fan covers

Bill .. FantasticFan had a seminar at the rally that was most inforfative.. RE: your question the factory (fantastic fan) rep stated that their covers ,if extended all the way up would need no aditional wind protection while traveling..And while parked if it were to rain just put the cover up a couple of inches and run fan.. Also stated, if it breaks ,it's warrenteed......
I know that info will not cover all situations , but perhaps it may help..

davebennington

We put covers on our rig. The fantstic fan does hit the top of the cover when opening however when it does hit it senses/feels the resistance and it stops. I was worried about this at first and called the dealer he said that is normal.

dave:)

Tom of Ypsi

In the operating instructions for the Fan-Tastic Vent quote: " NOTE: Never place a MAXXAIR or similarly styled cover over aor filter on Fan-tastic Vent interior assembly, greatly restricted air flow, increased sound levels and electrical component failures will occur as a result."

jbeletti

Hi Bill,

I looked at the reviews on CW's page for the Aero Flo and 2 of 3 users didn't care for them. Maybe black is more UV stable. Maybe 2 poor reviews is not a good indicator as I am sure they have had to have sold thousands.

While Fantastic is an awesome vent, I am sure a few poor reviews of them can be found too.

I am following this thread with interest as I would love to add covers to my 2 Fantastic units. Just want to make sure their the best available.

Jim

Dusty

Fantastic Fan Seal

At some point I read that the cover on the fantastic would stick closed because of the seal material used, not I cant find where I read that. Does anyone have any information on it. Did Fantastic Fan come out with a fix of it?

Thanks,
Dusty

Dusty

Thanks Jim,

I hope to get to meet you and shake your hand one of these days. Meanwhile I am calling Fantastic Fan and ordering a replacement gasket.

Dusty

Tom of Ypsi

Dusty, When you call Fantastic why not see if vent covers can be put on and if so which kind do they recommend? Sometimes the companies use up all of their old brochures, instructions, etc as long as there is no ill effect to their product before putting in the new ones and just maybe they did that.
Thanks.

Dusty

Tom,

When i get them called, I will ask about the vent covers and either post it in the forum or email you.

Dusty