Mini Split Install

Routemaster

Well, I decided to install a mini-split after seeing what S Branch did to his toy hauler. I bought a Pioneer WTY-22, and today was the first time of using the unit early days yet got to get used to the controls. The thing does blow out cold air. The only place I felt that I could put the head unit was over the door tall ceiling.
I have seen other videos where others have used the overhead cupboards but did not fancy losing the storage,
I see that it could be better because of blowing cold air up the coach.
I was looking for that wire cover with no joy, so I made up a tunnel to go between the head unit and the switch wall panel where I dropped the line set straight down and stained it the same as the cabinets.
With a bit of surgery at the staircase area, I think the outside unit fitted well.
Took out the fold-away steps and I have installed the drawbridge-style steps, well what do you think?

Attachments

• Feeding Lineset.JPG
    Feeding Lineset.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Split in stair case.JPG
    Split in stair case.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Steps installed.JPG
    Steps installed.JPG
    188 KB · Views: 57
  • Up and running.JPG
    Up and running.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1876.JPG
    IMG_1876.JPG
    235.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1878.JPG
    IMG_1878.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Split and steps.JPG
    Split and steps.JPG
    214.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1897.JPG
    IMG_1897.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 54
  • My Drg2.jpg
    My Drg2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • My Drg1.jpg
    My Drg1.jpg
    835.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Routemaster

Guys thanks. I think this is the way to go. It really is quite cold and very quiet only my second day in use it gets very cold at our desk having the head unit over the door.
I do think that if the head unit was at the bottom blowing up the coach being she is long and narrow might be better.
The other thought maybe two 9000bthu's one at top and one at the bottom end could be nice if they run on 120v together, but all in all, I think a good move.
Den.

OptimizedZ

Well, I decided to install a mini-split after seeing what S Branch did to his toy hauler. I bought a Pioneer WTY-22, and today was the first time of using the unit early days yet got to get used to the controls. The thing does blow out cold air. The only place I felt that I could put the head unit was over the door tall ceiling.
I have seen other videos where others have used the overhead cupboards but did not fancy losing the storage,
I see that it could be better because of blowing cold air up the coach.
I was looking for that wire cover with no joy, so I made up a tunnel to go between the head unit and the switch wall panel where I dropped the line set straight down and stained it the same as the cabinets.
With a bit of surgery at the staircase area, I think the outside unit fitted well.
Took out the fold-away steps and I have installed the drawbridge-style steps, well what do you think?

Looks really good man!