Under cabinet coffee maker

kblasdel

My Sundance 3200ES has rather limited counter space so I was wondering if anyone has ever tried using an under the cabinet coffee maker. I'm not sure whether or not the cabinet could support the weight. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Karen:confused:

RubiconAg

we used to have one in house and after several years of use we noticed it was starting to warp the wood above it due to the steam that is generated by the maker.

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Karen ,We have a sundance and are using a under the cabinet coffee maker and it is still hanging ,had no problem so far TRAVELER07

RoadJunkie

We were thinking along the same lines as an under cabinet coffee maker, but can't seem to find one to buy! We looked at Wally-World, Target, Sears, K-Mart, etc., and...no soap. I was wondering if they were still making them.

kblasdel

Wow! I can't believe they stopped making them. If you looked all of those places and couldn't find one, they must have. I'll google it and post my findings.

kblasdel

They are on Target.com for $59 for the black ones. Have you any idea how your folks liked them 2010augusta?

Tom of Ypsi

We have the exact same coffee maker that Alan posted. We have had it for a year with no warping problems. We had another one we got from Camping World that went bad after 1 1/2 years and no warping. What I did do though is put another piece of 1/4" plywood in the shelf above where the coffee maker is mounted for added strength just to be sure.

truknutt

Committed Member
We have the same Black & Decker model illustrated in Alan's posting. We like it alot. We opted for the black so it matched the other appliances.

Camping World used to carry the Black & Decker with the thermal carafe.

porthole

Retired
We had an under mount maker in our last house. We make at least one pot a day and over time it ruined the finish on the cabinet.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
We started to put one in as we had used them in the stick house for years. They still take up counter space as there is no room under them. Now when traveling down the road we put the coffee maker in the sink an dput a towel around it. No problems. We have the same rig as you and I added a drop down shelf on the end of the counter that we use for extra space. You can get them at CW. We also put the pot on the desk sometimes.

BruteForce

We were surprised that our RW395 didn't come with a coffee maker. We just didn't scrutinize enough. We decided that it was just easier to use a stove (Propane) based Percolator. It makes more coffee than a machine, but takes a bit longer to perc.