will stock 16 inch rims accomodate "G" rated tires?

cashb

We bought new G tires for old fifth wheel and would like to change them out with the china bombs on new sundance. Will this work, or do we have to upgrade the rims also? Thanks.:confused:

2010augusta

Rims should be marked or stamped for their max pressure. as long as it is over 110PSI you should be good to go.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Does your Sundance have the aluminum wheels?? If so, on the inside of the wheel will be a marking. I think it says 110# or has some other mark saying you can run a "G" tire. Hopefully some else will chime in on the markings. Been 3 years since I looked at mine. Probably CRS setting in. Bob

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I just changed my tires on the Sundance and went over the rims with a fine tooth comb. No rating on them at all. Just that they to were made in China. I put Maxxis e rated back on them at 80 PSI which was what the china bombs were rated at. I wanted the michelin Ribs but they were to large in Diameter and then the goodyear g614's but they were 110 PSI and since the rims came with 80psi that is what I went back to.

lwmcguir

All wheels are required to be stamped on the inside with their maximum rated capacity. Keep looking and you will find it.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
My rims are the originals that came on the trailer. On the back of the rim it has 3750 stamped in the rim. This is the rating of a G class tire which inflates to 110#. Also at the international rally, the tire and wheel guy said if you have the aluminum rim and it has 7 spokes it should be rated for 110 PSI.

FWIW
BC

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
We bought new G tires for old fifth wheel and would like to change them out with the china bombs on new sundance. Will this work, or do we have to upgrade the rims also? Thanks.:confused:
It appears the Sundances run different and lighter wheels, my factory wheels were stamped 2,550 lbs max. 55 psi. I replaced them with the 3750#.