Rear Jack Seized In Down Position

tempus

Hi - I have a new 2011 BH 3610RE. Yesterday when preparing to leave a campground we found the rear electric jack frozen. I had previously read the manual so proceeded to attempt to raise it manually with the hand crank - the shear pin snapped off. So I was dead in the water, and couldn't leave the campground.

I called Lippert, and then Heartland, and was told I had to bring in the camper because service calls were not covered. I asked if I had had a broken axle would it be covered and was told "yes" because it was different. To me, I couldn't move either way so I don't understand. An RV tech came and had to remove the seized motor (ordered a new one, which is "covered" under warranty) and replaced the pin. Could Heartland cover the service call in this situation?

When I called and tried to explain this to Heartland (Joe) he said "that is why we gave you a manual" - meaning I should lift the jack manually. I had already told him about the broken shear pin. He actually became verbally upset and asked if I wanted him to change the Heartland rules. No - I Just feel some should be individually evaluated. The camper is only a few months young.

Thank you for any help rendered.
Case #269738