The trip from ****

We left Hobbs NM and planned to meet our daughter from Montana at St. Vrain state park in
Co. We stopped at a rest stop north of Las Vegas NM and as usual I walk around the 5er to
check everything out. Wouldn't you know it, one of my china bombs is loosing its tread. So
I got the spare down and changed it. This being Sunday I planned on replacing them all the
next day. We get up the road about another 100 miles and another tire blew and I mean blew, took out the gas line and all the electrical on the off door side. All the steel belts wrapped around the axle. Luckily it happened right by an exit and a sign that said "RV repair and campground" A guy pulled up while I was inspecting the damage and said limp it into the campground and I'll take a look at it. He hot wired the refridge for the night. The next morning he dropped the bottom and got all the electrical and gas hooked back up. He called the local tire shop and I now have 4 TOW MAX Power Kings (only thing they had) but they are 10 ply. Tire guy said the other 2 Missions wouldn't have lasted another 100 miles. The tread was coming off them too!!! We are now at our summer volunteer job for USACOE south of La Crosse WI and the front jacks quit working. I didn't know retirement could be so much fun!:)

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
Made the dealer change mine BEFORE I bought it...................I buy NOTHING made in China!

Two Hands

Sorry to read about your tire problems. Hope things get better soon. It was interesting to read about the person who put things back together for you. It seems to read that this was a good samaritan who really helped you out. Or am I misreading and this was someone whom you had to pay. I hope it was a good samaritan and you were being rewarded or paid back for your volunteer work.

goodtruck

The more I here about the CHINA BOMBS the more I worry about moving my unit.I think the next time I move it the first stop will be a tire shop.