Don't count on Dometic

azbound

Time to vent; our Dometic Refer stopped cooling six weeks ago. As of today they have replaced the cooling unit that I was told was on a Recall, then they replaced the Thermo-coupler, then the Cooling fans. Each time we had to clean-out our Refer and through-out some food. Now they want to HOT WIRE the fans and if that doesn't work replace the cooling unit again. Best estimate at least 3 more weeks. When asked 2 weeks ago about replacing the Refer We were told that because their is only 7 months remaining on the warranty they won't replace the Refer.

So what does that mean? I GUESS THAT YOUR DOMETIC WARRANTY IS ONLY HALF AS GOOD AS YOU THINK. And customer are less important than the bottom line.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I am curious, is his info coming directly from Dometic or from a service company or dealer? If there is someone in the middle between you and Dometic I would question some of the fises and info. If this i directly from Dometic then it is time to move up the food chain and get someone that will get this thing fixed for the last time.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Mark

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I agree with Mark. Sounds to me like the service company is using the repair method called "shotgunning". That is where you start replacing parts until you get the one that is defective. It also runs up the labor charges (someone pays the labor either you or the manufacturer.) I would be on the phone to Dometic and talk to a supervisor as I know for a fact they have replaced other people's refrigerators. What you have described, in my opinion, is excessive. My 2 cents worth.

jpajax

I have noticed that my ref. temp goes up on a real hot day. Called Heartland they referred me to Dometic I ask them if there was a way to check the cooling fan. I was told to contact them through their web site did, haven't heard back yet this has been over week and a half. Guess I'll have to try again. Just wish that Dometic was as good as Heartland to respond to a problem by returning your call.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have noticed that my ref. temp goes up on a real hot day. Called Heartland they referred me to Dometic I ask them if there was a way to check the cooling fan. I was told to contact them through their web site did, haven't heard back yet this has been over week and a half. Guess I'll have to try again. Just wish that Dometic was as good as Heartland to respond to a problem by returning your call.

Call Dometic on the telephone and see if that doesn't help. I talked to them on the phone when I had an awing problem and they were very helpful.

Bobby A

I have called Dometic a couple times, every time they tell me to go to an authorized service center, there customer service is TERRIBLE !!! They wanted me to take my coach in for a stupid drain hose, they would not send me one, and my coach was under warranty.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would have to agree that Dometic's phone in Customer Service leaves something to be desired. When my awning died last summer, it took a rant on this forum and Jim B. bumping some heads to get action. And the local mobile technician I was working with was one from their website. He couldn't understand their actions, either.

azbound

Time to vent; our Dometic Refer stopped cooling six weeks ago. As of today they have replaced the cooling unit that I was told was on a Recall, then they replaced the Thermo-coupler, then the Cooling fans. Each time we had to clean-out our Refer and through-out some food. Now they want to HOT WIRE the fans and if that doesn't work replace the cooling unit again. Best estimate at least 3 more weeks. When asked 2 weeks ago about replacing the Refer We were told that because their is only 7 months remaining on the warranty they won't replace the Refer.

So what does that mean? I GUESS THAT YOUR DOMETIC WARRANTY IS ONLY HALF AS GOOD AS YOU THINK. And customer are less important than the bottom line.

I forgot to mention they also replaced the board and today they hot wired the fans to run constantly, this is some kind of test and they will return tomorrow. According to them the refer should be down to 25 degrees by tomorrow.

Delaine and Lindy

We have a Dometic 4 door with the Ice maker and indoor water system. A month or so of haveing the temp go up and down, I ask on our web site and was told it was the flapper that mounts on the left door. It doesn't close properly. You might want to check this. Close left door and gently pull the flapper out and then close the other door. There is a fix but we are in Cody Wyoming and will wait util we get back down to Colorado and then try to get fix then. My fridge works fine if we make sure the flapper is in the right position. Dometic knows of this problem and in the past have went as for as replacing the whole fridge, what a waste of money. Good Luck. GBY....

Delaine and Lindy

Just a comment on Dometic, we have a Electric Awning that I though we might be having a problem. I e-mailed Dometic and ask if there is a issue, within 5 minutes I got a e-mail from Matt at Dometic answering my question and a address and # for a RV repair service here in Cody Wyoming. Called the RV service and got a service Tech, and my question was answered. So don't give up try again, sometimes you get unlucky and talk to a person that just isn't doing the job as well as they should. GBY....

Cimriver

Just so the OP knows - you are kinda getting slammed on that other forum you put the same post on. You might want to go over and respond to some of the concerns.

azbound

Latest update: Spent the morning on the phone with Dometic, spoke to a rep. then the Manager. All I got was the run around, they want me to take it back to the Service Center and start over and let them do all the replacement and test they have already done once before. They won't replace the refer. Now if this was a Car the Lemon Law would come to play and they would have to replace it.

So much for Dometics customer service.