Geo Method

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Having become a follower of the Geo Method, or at least my version of it, I've had trouble finding Calgon Water Softener in stores. Seems the pipeline for both the powder and liquid had "dried" up, so to speak. So, after some searching, I found an online retailer that sells it by the box or case. Ordered a case of 12 - 40oz boxes and that should last me several years.

http://www.homesolutionsstore.com/cgi-bin/category/0

Wharton

Martins's/Giant carry Calgon and something by Arm and Hammer(washing soda maybe?) which might be the same thing. Haven't read the boxes yet.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
In the Geo method, the originator states that just about any water softener will do, liquid or powder. Powders are more economical than liquids. And some of the cheaper powders are harder to dissolve in water than the Calgon is. And cheaper liquids might be more water than softener.

traveler44

I like to use some Calgon and Tide too, and after reading your post I checked and our local Walmart still carries the liquid. I bought some extra bottles. I use it when my tank gauges start reading funny. All I know is that it must clean them up because they work for awhile. I'll check into the powder too. Thanks Tom and Mary