Winterize Black Tank Flush system?

GarthJ

I have a 2010 2998rb. I just winterized it by myself. I drained and by passed the water heater. pumped antifreeze in to 3 sinks, 2 toilets, 2 showers. Added antifreeze to 7 drains. That only leaves the black flush system, do you winterize it? if so how? I suppose I could blow it out would that be enough? I am tring to avoid any plumbing issues next spring.
thanks for all the help.

Geo

It’s not necessary to winterize the flush line to the black tank as there is a back flow prevention valve that will let air in at the top of the valve after the hose is disconnected & then part of the water drains out at the hose connection & the other part drains in to the tank, so there should be no water in the lines if all works as it should.
George

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I never used to, but now I blow some compressed air through my black tank flush. Just for the heck of it.
Don't forget to run some pink stuff through your outside shower if you have one.

Peace
Dave

2010augusta

I did not winteriz it one time and the vacuum breaker froze and broke. I had a big leak behind the shower the next spring first time I flush the tank. Better to be safe than sorry.

charlie51

I have a piece of garden hose about 2 feet long with a connector on one end. After I winterize everything else I pour some antifreeze down the hose into the hook-up for the black tank flush. I only pour about 1/2-1 cup down it. I figure better safe than sorry.