Grey #1 or #2

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Dumb question , but is grey tank #1 kitchen or bath on 3670rl?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think #1 is for the bath/shower. I never give it any thought cause I drain them both at the same time and leave both open if set up for any length of time with sewer hook ups.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Can't remember also which is which but you can test it out by running water thru the kitchen sink till a light comes on. Let's say gray 1 light come on, go out and pull the drain line that corresponse with the number 1. You should have water draining out.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
On the 3670, Gray #1 is the bath/shower and washer/dryer, if you have one. Gray #2 is the kitchen. You will also find (or already know), that Gray #1 drains slower than the black tank or Gray #2. Just the way it's plumbed. If you have the washer/dryer, it's a good idea to open the valve for Gray #1 before starting a wash load. The machine can put up to 11 gallons into the tank.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It really doesn't matter if it is one or two. I labeled mine as Galley and Bathroom instead of 1 and 2

hogan

Thanks to all for the info. I have noticed #1 drains very slowly. I also seem to always have a quart or so of bilge water that does not drain but shows up after travel when I uncap the drain point. Yuk!! How do I remedy this?

jmgratz

What I do is leave the cap (small garden hose sized) off while driving down the road and any leftover GRAY water works it way out. BTW don't follow me too close LOL Whatever you do do not leave the black open. You can also try raising the front of the coach higher to see if the rest might drain too. That also works for me.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
When you close your valves, does one (or more) of them feel a little "spongy?" There may be some debris caught in the valve seat. Toilet paper in the black tank valve is notorious for this, as is left over construction debris. If it hasn't been packed in too hard, sometimes using a Drain King back flush device will help dislodge it. The other possibility, and more difficult to remedy, is that one of the valve blades is damaged, allowing seepage. To prevent getting a nasty bath, add a twist-on valve to the sewer connection. A short, clear extension between the sewer connection and the twist-on valve will allow you to see if; 1) there is nasty in the pipes, and 2) how well the tanks are draining when you dump. Since we are on a seasonal site, I connect my sewer as you see and leave it for the summer. If you do use a backflush device, you will need to have the add-on valve.
View attachment 10930

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
What I do is leave the cap (small garden hose sized) off while driving down the road and any leftover GRAY water works it way out. BTW don't follow me too close LOL
Do you ever notice people drivers behind you with the windshield washers going? :eek: I leave our fresh water tank drain open and have had a few people pass me pointing to the water running out. It takes several days for it to drain at times. I have to be pin down for it to drain.

jmgratz

As long as it is grey water their wipers should clear it. Had a friend who left his black tank open once and it showered the car behind him. What a mess. Thinking about it I had to chuckle.

RoadJunkie

I knew which was which at one time because I figured out that dumping the tanks was done from the dirtiest toward the cleanest, that is, from the bottom valve upward. I labeled them with my label machine tape, but don't have the rig here to confirm.

K

karykatz

Hoganc,

Sorry for the delay in the response. We have been crazy getting ready for our Louisville Trade show. Lots of exiting new products for the next year. To answer you question. All bighorns have the same set up. Grey tank 1 is for the upper deck (bathroom and Shower) and Grey Tank 2 is for the kitchen.

I hope this helps.

jmgratz

Hoganc,

Sorry for the delay in the response. We have been crazy getting ready for our Louisville Trade show. Lots of exiting new products for the next year. To answer you question. All bighorns have the same set up. Grey tank 1 is for the upper deck (bathroom and Shower) and Grey Tank 2 is for the kitchen.

I hope this helps.

Why not just label them for the area they control?

hogan

Thanks to everyone for the helpful tips. Dirtiest to cleanest is good tip as well as #1 being closest to hitch. Anyone figured out the best way to communicate with your wife on using the hydralic landing gear. If I say raise it, lower it, up a little, or down a little; I always get the same question: which way is that? Maybe my fault for not using the same words as on the labels.