Chair and Border

dennis k

2007 Big Horn 3400RL #5289 - 5th wheel taken into dealer to have a chair replaced that had broken and the border fixed because the slides were either way higher or lower than the rest of the camper. The dealer ordered the parts and after a month they have not received either item. It is a 100 mile round trip to take unit to dealer -- how many trips do we need to make and phone calls need to be placed?

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Take a look at some of the other posts and make sure that your dealer did in fact order the parts. Scott has found time and time again that what you hear from the dealer is not correct.

ChopperBill

I had the chairs replaced and the dealer got them direct from the chair supplier. Only took a week or so. The wall paper border is a thin piece of vinyl and will peel off and you can re-stick it back on the wall. Pretty easy to do yourself. Had to do mine where the slides matched also.
As a side note: Is the dealer ALWAYS wrong and ALWAYS lying? Lucky me I found one that is not and doesn't. (well at least to to me, or I ain't caught 'em yet None ) A lot of things that they fixed on mine they didn't order every nickel and dime item from the factory, they purchased it locally or went direct to the supplier. Of course it you buy from your local dealer they can afford to eat a little warranty.

Scott

DennisK -
This is the second response to one of your posts in the last minute. If you get me your dealer name, I should be able to find out what is going on. In fact, I can do you one better. Give John Hawkins a call at 574.262.8030. John is our Parts Department Supervisor and he can tell you exactly what is going on with your order (i.e. when it came in, when it will ship, etc.) I can tell you that the vinyl they have in stock, and the chair they can usually get in one week. It takes a bit to crate the chair and get it shipped, but no where near a month.
ST

ChopperBill

As another side note: both my chairs were replaced when one broke. Seems they had a problem where it swivels. Another reason is that these chairs sometimes don't match. Sending two assures (well 99%) that they will match.