Black Tank Flush Question

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
We used are Black tank flush for the first time this weekend in are new 2900MK. Hooked it up and turned on the water and WOW it makes so much noise it scared the dog and wife . Sounds like the trailer going to come apart. Does anyone else have this kind of noise when cleaning there black tank ???

RugRat

On ours, you can definitely hear the water spraying into the tank, but I wouldn't describe it as loud and you can't hear it from the inside.

Tom of Ypsi

I did have the same noise and it worked great. I hooked mine up yesterday for the first time this year and nothing happens now.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Tom
Did you have a pressure regulator on your hose? Maybe not enough water pressure. Ken

jbeletti

Mine makes a noise but I would not describe it as loud. My wife did yell out the window that she heard some strange noise and wondered if it was something I was doing. I really like the tank flush system. Actually wish a had dual jets in the tank and jets in the grays as well.

I had lower pressure in this last CG (30 PSI at their faucet). Tank flush still worked well.

Jim

brunomisty

Sundance Owner
I`ll have to try it here at the house without a pressure regulator on the hose.
Thanks everyone for the replys

Tom of Ypsi

KATKENS,

I do not have a pressure reulator on at the moment. The water pressure is low so I am hoping that this is the problem although I doubt it. I have been at the campground before and the spray worked then. I even put a sprayer down the toilet to see if I had a blockage and it did not help. I did get my black tank sensor to read MT for the first time in a long time.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Tom of Ypsi said:
KATKENS,

I do not have a pressure reulator on at the moment. The water pressure is low so I am hoping that this is the problem although I doubt it. I have been at the campground before and the spray worked then. I even put a sprayer down the toilet to see if I had a blockage and it did not help. I did get my black tank sensor to read MT for the first time in a long time.
If your nozzle isn't plugged or covered with TP, maybe the check valve is stuck closed. I haven't looked to see were they installed it in line but should have one somewhere. Ken

jpmorgan37

When I turn on the flush system, I can hear it both inside and outside of the trailer. I usually run it for about 10 minutes or until I see nothing but clear water coming out of the tank. When I turn the wate off at the faucet and disconnect the hose at the inlet to the flush, I have water (under some pressure) come out of the fitting. I believe there is a pressure controlled check valve in the inlet to the black water flush. My old Sea Breeze did the same thing. I know that it won't work unless I have good pressure.

John