PDA

View Full Version : Flat Mounting HOC Plaque

frumbawa
11-21-2011, 02:22 PM
After a bit of searching, it appears most have their club plaques mounted on their ladders. Since the Cyclone ladder is not permanent, I decided to go with the flat mount instead. Now that I have the actual plaque/frame in hand, I'm a concerned that the four little pieces of double sided tape will actually hold the plaque in place especially over time.

Anyone else have their plaques flat mounted? I would really like to stick it on the back of the rig so it can be seen as I head down the road but I'm worried with all the bounce at the back, how long it will actually stay there.

Frank

Ray LeTourneau
11-21-2011, 05:01 PM
I think you'll be fine as long as you use the 3M exterior mounting tape. It's supposed to be waterproof and very strong.

jnv
11-21-2011, 07:53 PM
We have our plaque "flat mounted" on the back of our trailer. The original tape came loose after about a month. We replaced the tape with the 3M exterior mounting tape Ray mentioned. It has been on for about 6 mos. now with no problems. We do check it every trip to make sure it hasn't come loose.

GOTTOYS
11-21-2011, 08:20 PM
I've used a bunch of the 3M double stick that was made for Automotive use. I've used it for a lot of things. It's the one with the red backing. That stuff rules! JMHO...Don

JohnDar
11-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Since our rig spends most of its time on a seasonal site, the plaque would only be visible to the squirrels, so I mounted it on a piece of plywood and hang it off the pin box. I had two of the trailer hitch plaques, but found they won't fit the receiver on my truck. So I cut one down and use automotive trim tape to stick it on the back. I penned in my member # with a Sharpie.

frumbawa
11-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks all for the responses. Looks like I'll be making another trip Home Depot this afternoon.

JohnDar - I like your "mini" plaque idea too.

Frank

jnbhobe
11-22-2011, 12:17 PM
I did the same as John but mounted it on the rear window of the truck.