PDA

View Full Version : Rear Frame Rails

FordMan1966
01-26-2012, 03:08 PM
I am planning on ordering a 2012 Grand Canyon and I noticed from looking at some differnet floorplans on the lot that some have a hitch on the rear. Some have what appears to be brackets for a hitch and no hitch and some have nothing. I want nothing on mine for clearance in backing in to a steep driveway. What is the difference in the one that has nothing and the one that has what appears to be hich brackets?
Thanks
David

boatto5er
01-26-2012, 03:17 PM
I am planning on ordering a 2012 Grand Canyon and I noticed from looking at some differnet floorplans on the lot that some have a hitch on the rear. Some have what appears to be brackets for a hitch and no hitch and some have nothing. I want nothing on mine for clearance in backing in to a steep driveway. What is the difference in the one that has nothing and the one that has what appears to be hich brackets?
Thanks
David

Lippert makes a bike rack hitch that will fit onto those brackets. Believe it or not, not everyone at Lippert is aware of it. A couple od users on here have called them to order one and had to call back and get a different sales rep that knew about it. If you don't want it, shouldn't be an issues to order without it from Heartland (check with your dealer!).

FordMan1966
01-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks. I am planning on ordering the Half Body Paint like you have. I really like the Full Body Paint but can't justify the extra money for it. They all look good anyway. I have the same tow vehicle as you do except mine is White.

Lippert makes a bike rack hitch that will fit onto those brackets. Believe it or not, not everyone at Lippert is aware of it. A couple od users on here have called them to order one and had to call back and get a different sales rep that knew about it. If you don't want it, shouldn't be an issues to order without it from Heartland (check with your dealer!).