Upgrading/towing

snickers

We are hopefully trading in the pop up tomorrow for a TR 26FQB. I have never pulled anything this long before, but we are very excited to actualy spend most of the time camping and not working with the pop up! We have a 98 GMC Suburban 4 x 4 1500 with full tow package and they will install the sway control and weight distribution system. Any thoughts?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I skipped the popup and jumped right into a long NT 31BDSS. I only towed small box and landscape trailers occassionally and so was a bit hesitant when I ended up purchasing such a big trailer. I went with an equal-i-zer hitch and found that it was surprisingly easy to tow. I had someone follow me and commented at how nice the trailer seems to tow. No sway issues even in pretty high winds (30MPH+) I just take my time and watch carefully when turning allowing myself as much room as possible and have not had any issues so far. I am careful to select sites that I can easily get into until I get more experience.

Speedy

You may be at the limit or exceeding the weight/cargo capacity of your Suburban. I tried looking up the specs for the TR-26FQB but was unable to find them on current Hearland site; so I'm using the next closest thing: a TR-26RLSS. According to Trailer Life Towing Guide you have a 6500 lbs max towing capacity, GVWR for a TR-26RLSS is 7600 lbs. Now I know that most people are not going to loading the trailer to the max but with a dry weight of 6151 lbs; do you think you'll exceed your 349 difference? I do.

Look at the Mfg info plate on the drivers door frame and find the GVWR for the Suburban and the actual weight if one is listed. Also look for GCWR, that should be there as well. The Suburban and the trailer can not weight more than the GCWR number.