PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Rodbuster
07-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Does anybody have any tentative dates for the Goshen, Indiana rally? "Ball park dates" would help. We're trying to plan next years activities and the Goshen Rally is high on our list.

Thank you
Dick

jbeletti
07-04-2012, 08:24 AM
It is "planned" for June 18-23.

boatto5er
07-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Does anybody have any tentative dates for the Goshen, Indiana rally? "Ball park dates" would help. We're trying to plan next years activities and the Goshen Rally is high on our list.

Thank you
Dick

Hope we get to see you and Fran there. Haven't talked since we ran into you at the church parking lot across the street from us!

Rodbuster
07-04-2012, 07:49 PM
Thank you Jim for getting back to me with those dates.
I did pick up a different problem though. Now that I found out that Gus is going to be there, Fran and I might decide to head in another direction.

Just kidding...just kidding. Gus, Fran and I have mentioned your name several times and we look forward to seeing you and Debra (especially Debra) soon.

Dick

boatto5er
07-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Thank you Jim for getting back to me with those dates.
I did pick up a different problem though. Now that I found out that Gus is going to be there, Fran and I might decide to head in another direction.

Just kidding...just kidding. Gus, Fran and I have mentioned your name several times and we look forward to seeing you and Debra (especially Debra) soon.

Dick

I seem to evoke that sentiment in a lot of people. Guess it's time to switch to a new deodorant!

TandT
07-05-2012, 12:40 AM

Jim, This is good. Starting early. :-)

I'm still pumped up from all the nice folks we met and great places we saw, in and around the Gillette and Cody rallys. Trace

Chainsaw
07-05-2012, 02:00 PM
I must have been dreaming the other night when we were planning for next year, I could have sworn I read somehting saying it started the 11th. this is much better, gives me a chance to get some work done in June before we leave, then my clients will survive until I return.

Now if the stars could line up and the Ontario rally is again in windsor we could go to that one too......

jbeletti
07-05-2012, 04:17 PM
Note that the DRV rally precedes ours in Goshen and ends on Saturday, June 15th. As such, the SOONEST we can move any rigs on is Sunday the 16th. Of course, Rally Service work will begin the next day, Monday the 17th with the first official day of the rally beginning the day after that, Tuesday the 18th.

What is my point - point is that our pre-rally is either non-existent, compressed, held in "other sites" or at another campground. Option one is not an option. We WILL have a pre-rally. Option two is no fun either - we want more than 2-days for pre-rally fun!

As such, I am exploring option 3 - using other sites at the Fairgrounds or option 4, holding the pre-rally at another campground. At this time, I am favoring the Elkhart Campground but not locked into anything yet. If we go with option 3, the Fairgrounds can put us in a mowed field and put out temp power (30 amp) and water only (no sewer). Either option requires a move (i.e. a double-setup).

No shortage of things to think about and work out on a rally of this size. I'm planning for 300 rigs!!

2psnapod2
07-05-2012, 04:47 PM
According to Kelly's master plan, we will be at Elkhart Lake CG starting on the 12th. Planning on staying there until the AM of the 16th.

ziggy
07-06-2012, 01:32 AM
I can hardly wait until I find out when school is out next year to see if we can make it. If we get out by the 11th we might have time to make it!

Kristy

shovelguy
07-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Since it is running thru June 23rd I believe a real celebration should be in order as that is the date of our 46th wedding anniversary. And we will be there!!!! j

ziggy
07-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Yea! School is out on the 12th, so we might just be able to make it!!! Its good to see you up and around shovelguy. We missed you at Gillette.
Kristy

klindgren
08-01-2012, 06:21 AM
Note that the DRV rally precedes ours in Goshen and ends on Saturday, June 15th. As such, the SOONEST we can move any rigs on is Sunday the 16th. Of course, Rally Service work will begin the next day, Monday the 17th with the first official day of the rally beginning the day after that, Tuesday the 18th.

What is my point - point is that our pre-rally is either non-existent, compressed, held in "other sites" or at another campground. Option one is not an option. We WILL have a pre-rally. Option two is no fun either - we want more than 2-days for pre-rally fun!

As such, I am exploring option 3 - using other sites at the Fairgrounds or option 4, holding the pre-rally at another campground. At this time, I am favoring the Elkhart Campground but not locked into anything yet. If we go with option 3, the Fairgrounds can put us in a mowed field and put out temp power (30 amp) and water only (no sewer). Either option requires a move (i.e. a double-setup).

No shortage of things to think about and work out on a rally of this size. I'm planning for 300 rigs!!

I vote for option 3 at Elkheart Campground. No matter. Carol and I will be there even if it is a big open field. Just let us know where and when. Now, when ya gonna let us register for Goshen?? I know, hang on to my hat, hold my drawers, bide my time, etc. etc. etc. :D:D

Now for another subject -- I read in the Heartland Newsletter that Heartland is coming out with a new Landmark in the fall...Anybody got any information on it. I'm thinking of getting a new Landmark but want to see what floorplan they have come up with first????

jbeletti
08-01-2012, 06:31 AM
I vote for option 3 at Elkheart Campground. No matter. Carol and I will be there even if it is a big open field. Just let us know where and when. Now, when ya gonna let us register for Goshen?? I know, hang on to my hat, hold my drawers, bide my time, etc. etc. etc. :D:D

Now for another subject -- I read in the Heartland Newsletter that Heartland is coming out with a new Landmark in the fall...Anybody got any information on it. I'm thinking of getting a new Landmark but want to see what floorplan they have come up with first????

Hi Keith! December for rally registration. Yes, the Landmark Sequoia is the new floor plan. I don't have any info on how it ended up. Months ago, I saw an early proto-type. But they change so much from beginning to final product. I can say that there will be changes to all the current Landmarks as well. I don't have a list of the changes, nor do I know for sure when we'll start seeing them. What good am I? :)

klindgren
08-01-2012, 06:39 AM
Thanks Jim. At least that gives me a starting point. Sequoia huh?? Can't wait to see what they come up with.

boatto5er
08-02-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks Jim. At least that gives me a starting point. Sequoia huh?? Can't wait to see what they come up with.

New Landmark? Now we know what Santa does with all those donations he gets every Christmas! :angel: Sequoia huh? That's the model name of our house. I assume the square footage will be a little different though. :)

wolfrat1
08-09-2012, 09:41 PM
my wife and i sat in one at rvcapitalwholesalers in elkhart. it is a very very nice unit. alot of things that were options are now standard. two a/c units, a dyson vacuum system, a safe, a smaller refrig/freezer in the storage area. we weren't real thrilled about the tiger striped windows in the bedroom. about the one thing that detracted from a great fifth wheel. also a two year warranty on the landmarks for 2013. will no doubt be a big selling point. we are very interested in this unit.

dbylinski
08-10-2012, 04:02 AM
I can hardly wait until I find out when school is out next year to see if we can make it. If we get out by the 11th we might have time to make it!

Kristy

I feel your pain Kristy! The end of school is always a problem with time off! Hopefully it will work out because I'm not fond of another straight thru drive to Goshen. The last 17 hour trip was enough for me!

ziggy
08-11-2012, 12:26 AM
I couldn't do a 17 hr trip. I can't go more than about 4 hrs a day or my back will have problems. We haven't ruled out the National next year, but I won't be out by the 11th, so chances don't look too good right now. We'll just have to see what the year brings.

Kristy

recumbent615
10-02-2012, 05:39 PM
I just booked my vacation for 2013 - June 13-28th. I have a Wedding to go to in PA on the 15th and I expect to be in Goshen on the 17th ... save me a spot:D. I've not made it to a National Rally so I am really looking forward to this.

Kevin

TXTiger
10-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Hoping to make the PA rally in Gettysburg in May, go to Wash DC for Rolling Thunder/VietNam Wall Memorial Day Weekend and then head to IN for this rally.

arisce
10-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Bill and Karen will be there at our usual spot. We will come early and leave later. Our classic BH 3600 will make the trip but I am looking at toy haulers. Looking forward to seeing all our friends.

ihsolutions
10-16-2012, 03:25 PM
We are heading out west to Yellowstone and Grand Canyon in late May (pulling kids out of school early) but planning to be back to the midwest in time for the Heartland rally. Looking forward to it!

Noobie
10-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Questions on the rally( will be our first hopefully)

we are planning on buying a cyclone next month will our member info be available in time to rregister?
how much per night is the rally?
is the fairgrounds wheelchair accessible?

Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone

olcoon
10-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Noobie,
You won't be able to register until sometime in Dec., so unless you wait until the last minute there won't be a problem, & even if you do there probably won't be a problem.
HOC doesn't charge by the night, it's for the dates of the rally, plus any days you come early &/or stay late.
Yes, the grounds comply with ADA.

Hope you join the Heartland family & attend the rally, you won't regret it!!!

danemayer
10-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Join the club before Dec. Club members have first opportunity to register. Sold out in 52 hours last time in Indiana. I think there'll be more spaces this time but still...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jbeletti
10-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Join the club before Dec. Club members have first opportunity to register. Sold out in 52 hours last time in Indiana. I think there'll be more spaces this time but still...

That's some good advice :) We'll have 300 sites this time. I'm thinking anyone who wants to join us will be able to. Another thing to keep in mine is that 100% of those who got on the waitlist, got filled. Some elected to not act when the waitlist contacted them, but point being, the waitlist is real and it works! We will have up to 20% cancel. So that's 60 sites that will turnover by rally time.

porthole
10-19-2012, 10:07 AM
And this year registration will happen on the designated date? :cool:

Noobie
10-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks all as soon as we take the plunge we will join the club and hopefully be able to make the rally sounds like great fun

jbeletti
10-19-2012, 06:38 PM
And this year registration will happen on the designated date? :cool:

Ha ha Duane :) No date has yet been prescribed, so likelihood is good that I will hit my own date this year :)

dfk009
10-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Since it looks like only about half the sites has full hook up, is there plans for a mobile sewer pump service being available for the the other half? Any word on this Jim? Don K.

happykraut
10-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Of course Judi and I will be there. Can't wait.

jbeletti
10-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Since it looks like only about half the sites has full hook up, is there plans for a mobile sewer pump service being available for the the other half? Any word on this Jim? Don K.

Don,

Most of the permanent sites at this venue have sewer. Very few are power/water only. However, we will have the venue create a good many temp sites for us and those sites will be 30 amp power and water only - no sewer.

My plan is to contract with a pump-out service to come by a couple times during the rally. Not an "on-call" thing, but a regular schedule. They will pump out whoever is signed up for it. We'll figure out a method. Cost for the service will be included with the rally rate.

Jim

CTD2005
10-21-2012, 06:03 PM

Hi Jim, we are looking into making our summer vacation a trip for the McGregor rally, then come down to the Goshen rally. We are looking at leaving McGregor on the 16th. Since it's roughly a 4 hour drive, would we be able to get into the Goshen site that afternoon?
Thanks,
Nick

jbeletti
10-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Hi Jim, we are looking into making our summer vacation a trip for the McGregor rally, then come down to the Goshen rally. We are looking at leaving McGregor on the 16th. Since it's roughly a 4 hour drive, would we be able to get into the Goshen site that afternoon?
Thanks,
Nick

Nick, yes. The pre-rally begins on the 11th. So anyone can sign-up for the rally with an arrival date as early as the 11th.

CTD2005
10-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Thanks Jim, sounds good.

rfournelle
10-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Thanks,
Nick

We would love to see you at the Ontario Rally in McGregor.

Bob

wfwilson
10-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Nick and Suzanne
We would love to see you in McGregor. We are going this winter to New Braunfels for 4 months this winter. Maybe we could meet sometime.+
my Email is wfwilson55@gmail.com Look forward to meeting you.
Wayne and Gayle

CTD2005
10-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Nick and Suzanne
We would love to see you in McGregor. We are going this winter to New Braunfels for 4 months this winter. Maybe we could meet sometime.+
my Email is wfwilson55@gmail.com Look forward to meeting you.
Wayne and Gayle

Yea, that sounds great. We are trying to get vacation approvals from work for this summer. Keeping fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TandT
10-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Jim,

How about a sticky thread with a show of interest list for Goshen?

That way we could start getting with other folks from the various areas to caravan.

So far, asking folks at various rallys here in the West is not getting a great response. Thanks, Trace

greatheron
10-22-2012, 09:16 PM
We will be looking at our vacation time and hope all works out so we can attend our first Heartland National Rally in Goshen,

CTD2005
10-22-2012, 09:36 PM
We will be looking at our vacation time and hope all works out so we can attend our first Heartland National Rally in Goshen,

I know how you feel. My wife and I are in the same waiting mode as you. Wish you the best of luck with getting that time off approved!
L8r,
Nick

jdfishing
10-26-2012, 10:06 PM
When the reservations open for HOC members, can I make a second reservation for a member who does not have computer access?

jbeletti
10-26-2012, 10:13 PM
When the reservations open for HOC members, can I make a second reservation for a member who does not have computer access?

Contact me by email the day it opens and I will do my best. Will you be paying for them with your CC?

jdfishing
10-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Thanks Jim. Yes, it will go on my CC.

jbeletti
10-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Discussion about the possibility of having a session on Convection oven usage has been moved to it's own thread in this rally sub-forum. Here's a link to it (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/34520).

Jim

bighornby
10-30-2012, 06:31 AM
hi jim....we are looking very forward to attending the national rally in goshen after our ontario rally in mcgregor, ontario. we hope to have a caravan of canucks travel to the rally. like the last national rally i am giving up a one week golf trip to attend so now you know how much we look forward to this.:)

TXTiger
11-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Jim. Was reading the thread on the registration site. Mentioned that 2011 attendees get priority on registration then all other club members. How about 2012 attendees at Gillette getting next priority, after 2011 attendees but before all other club members. Just a thought.

jbeletti
11-26-2012, 09:45 PM
UPDATE: We are pushing the start of registration out to the second half of January. Registration will NOT be open in December as previously planned. I will keep everyone posted in this rally discussion thread as we get closer. Then emails will go out to club members when we're all set.

jbeletti
11-26-2012, 09:46 PM
Jim. Was reading the thread on the registration site. Mentioned that 2011 attendees get priority on registration then all other club members. How about 2012 attendees at Gillette getting next priority, after 2011 attendees but before all other club members. Just a thought.

Sorry - I plan to keep it as-is. Sort of a loyalty perk for those who continue to come back to this venue rally after rally.

klindgren
11-28-2012, 07:58 PM
UPDATE: We are pushing the start of registration out to the second half of January. Registration will NOT be open in December as previously planned. I will keep everyone posted in this rally discussion thread as we get closer. Then emails will go out to club members when we're all set.

WHAT??? Not til the second half of January?? Are You CRAZY???? I'm dying of anticipation to sign up and now you tell me it's gonna be longer to wait??? Boy Jim, don't you know it's not smart to upset Santa just weeks before Christmas!!:rolleyes:

olcoon
11-28-2012, 10:48 PM
YIKES!!! Sounds like someone is getting a lump of coal!:eek:

jimtoo
11-28-2012, 11:00 PM
OK NOW!!! Calm Down!!! Take a deep breath... relax.... It will be OK...that's just a few extra days. That way you can have a little more time to decide the route you want to take to get there. :)

DW_Gray
11-29-2012, 02:13 AM
Sign-up the middle of January? That's fine, the beginning of March would be better for us. All those rally funds I saved up is gone to due to RV repairs that couldn't wait.

GETnBYE
11-29-2012, 10:59 AM

You don't get a lump of coal from this Santa!
Speaking for some that still working, most can not put in for a vacation until Jan of said year and then there is a take turns kind of thing on getting them. This will help up very much on planning and hope so much that we will get to be there.
QUESTION:
Is there a way to have a mass text go out to notify that we may need to check email for the notice for those that might be camping in an area that has no wifi and need to find a place to check emails. Or perhaps a list of "hey, somebody text me so I don't miss the sign ups".
Yes, there are still those of us who refuse to get a smart phone and remain old school. At least I am texting more now, LOL

TGLBWH
11-29-2012, 12:18 PM
I think Y'all should cut loose and get that smart phone Wayne. Even I did. We are going to plan a round of golf in Goshen on 6-17, I believe it will be, and I expect you to play, Hogan's already in along with a couple more. Maybe we can do the same foursome from Gulf Shores. I will post more after registration and see how many we can get out

Ray LeTourneau
11-29-2012, 02:47 PM
Count me in for that golf outing at the Rally.

hcriddle
11-29-2012, 08:46 PM
I might be interested in a little golf as well.

ctuna0203
11-29-2012, 11:04 PM
the only problem with having the pre rally at another capmground would be having to move a bunch of rigs at least twice. Who makes site assignments for the fairground?

neilandnanci
11-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Trace, You know we are going to Goshen. But we will probably be leaving earlier than you and Teri. We can talk about it at Quartzsite in January.

Neil

Big Al and Donna
11-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Jim,

Donna and I were planning on getting there a week before the start of the rally. If you need help with anything let us know.

olcoon
11-30-2012, 12:55 AM
Jim,
x2 for Sally & I!

TandT
11-30-2012, 02:29 AM
Trace, You know we are going to Goshen. But we will probably be leaving earlier than you and Teri. We can talk about it at Quartzsite in January.

Neil

Neil,
We're somewhat flexible, since we will already be in Kanab. I am going to try to travel with Art & Teresa, also.

Like you said, we can start planning in Quartzsite. Trace

TandT
11-30-2012, 02:32 AM
I nominate Al to be the golf cart wrangler again, since he did such a great job in Gillette . :) Trace

jbeletti
12-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Jim,

Donna and I were planning on getting there a week before the start of the rally. If you need help with anything let us know.

Hi Al,

I'd like to see you on Kevin's "Check-in and Parking" team. I'd like to have Donna help me in the foods area. Along with Mark Comer and his posse :)

I'll b in touch :)

jbeletti
12-02-2012, 09:20 PM
the only problem with having the pre rally at another capmground would be having to move a bunch of rigs at least twice. Who makes site assignments for the fairground?

Pre-rally location has been decided - we will pre-rally at the Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds in Goshen, Indiana - same venue as our rally. Pre-rally will be June 11-17 with the rally dates being June 18-23.

jbeletti
12-02-2012, 09:22 PM
I think Y'all should cut loose and get that smart phone Wayne. Even I did. We are going to plan a round of golf in Goshen on 6-17, I believe it will be, and I expect you to play, Hogan's already in along with a couple more. Maybe we can do the same foursome from Gulf Shores. I will post more after registration and see how many we can get out

Gerry - if I haven't already rooked you into this (I forget) - can I twist your arm to be in charge of coordinating a pre-rally golf outing? If so, get hold of me to talk about dates. I have other pre-rally items I am planning and I want to minimize overlap to the extent possible so those who want to, get to do as much as they can.

jbeletti
12-02-2012, 09:26 PM
...QUESTION: Is there a way to have a mass text go out to notify that we may need to check email for the notice for those that might be camping in an area that has no wifi and need to find a place to check emails. Or perhaps a list of "hey, somebody text me so I don't miss the sign ups"....

Hi Nita!

We NEED you and Wayne in Goshen - so just make it happen :)

Negative on the mass text messages. A lot of Chapter Leaders (CL) get on the horn immediately to their members encouraging them to get logged in and registered. Not all CLs do this and not all can do this.

TGLBWH
12-02-2012, 11:34 PM
I posted a few days ago about a golf outing and have 6 or 7 golfers already although I really can't do a lot until around April or May. I will start a post sometime about then with more info. It has to be On Monday, the 17th, preferably in the morning, since I don't arrive until the 16th. We did talk about that a little at the Michigan Rally as you were twisting my arm in a different direction :)

NittyGritty
12-03-2012, 12:54 PM
I would love to post a badge about the Goshen rally on my camping blog if you have one. :D

jbeletti
12-03-2012, 01:18 PM
I would love to post a badge about the Goshen rally on my camping blog if you have one. :D

Please post a link to an example of a badge for some past rally/event so I can see a real sample of what you'd like. Maybe we could have something developed by a club member.

NittyGritty
12-03-2012, 01:33 PM
http://events.blogpaws.com/images/BlogPaws2011-GoingBadge-Alums-160x160.gif

If we had something like this, anyone with a traveling/camping/RVing blog can post the event on their blog with a link to the Heartland Forum thread/page announcing the upcoming rally.

GETnBYE
12-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Gerry, We probably will be pulling in late on Monday, IF we get to come to the rally so golf won't work this time. Do good to do the computer and texting, no smart phone, not yet.

GETnBYE
12-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Jim, we are trying our best to make it. May be with Hogan and Donna, so maybe Hogan will pass the info on. I will try to check emails in Jan. daily.
Hoping we make it this year.

Hi Nita!

We NEED you and Wayne in Goshen - so just make it happen :)

Negative on the mass text messages. A lot of Chapter Leaders (CL) get on the horn immediately to their members encouraging them to get logged in and registered. Not all CLs do this and not all can do this.

Vtxkid
12-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Hey Jim! Pam and I are going! I am retiring next year and if we don't do any other big trip until I do retire, we will do this one. Way too much fun last year for us not to go in 2013...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Big Al and Donna
12-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Jim, we are trying our best to make it. May be with Hogan and Donna, so maybe Hogan will pass the info on. I will try to check emails in Jan. daily.
Hoping we make it this year.

You guys better make it this year.

GETnBYE
12-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Al, we really think it might happen so be sure to send me a text when it is time to register.
You guys better make it this year.

jbeletti
12-03-2012, 09:54 PM
http://events.blogpaws.com/images/BlogPaws2011-GoingBadge-Alums-160x160.gif

If we had something like this, anyone with a traveling/camping/RVing blog can post the event on their blog with a link to the Heartland Forum thread/page announcing the upcoming rally.

Thanks for the example. Not sure that the intended use of the badge would be a "best-fit" for a closed event (Heartland product owners only).

Jim

ZNK
12-04-2012, 12:32 AM
Kelsea and I are hoping to make it. Depends on how our new little one will be doing then. If we make it for the golf outing I would be interested.

happykraut
12-04-2012, 07:38 AM

GREAT idea, I'll vote for that.

happykraut
12-04-2012, 07:43 AM
You don't get a lump of coal from this Santa!
Speaking for some that still working, most can not put in for a vacation until Jan of said year and then there is a take turns kind of thing on getting them. This will help up very much on planning and hope so much that we will get to be there.
QUESTION:
Is there a way to have a mass text go out to notify that we may need to check email for the notice for those that might be camping in an area that has no wifi and need to find a place to check emails. Or perhaps a list of "hey, somebody text me so I don't miss the sign ups".
Yes, there are still those of us who refuse to get a smart phone and remain old school. At least I am texting more now, LOL

Oh my god. No munzees without a smart phone.

NittyGritty
12-04-2012, 11:21 AM
I thought it might help get it out there. I know I knew nothing of Heartland having a rally. We had intended on purchasing a Montana and seen that they had a ginormous rally that is what lead me to search to see if Heartland had anything like that. Had I not known of Montana's I may not have searched for Heartlands rally information. It was just an idea, I thought it might help promote the rally as well as the Heartland product. :D We did not buy our first used Heartland from a heartland dealer, and even if we had I think it is highly unlikely they would have told us about any rallies. I thought I would toss out the idea at any rate.

TGLBWH
12-04-2012, 11:53 AM
I focused on Monday for the golf because the rally starts Tuesday and I thought there would be less interest plus courses usually have more availability on Mondays. I'm flexible,(DW loves when I go golf) so some of you golfers let me know if you would do one of the other days. As I said earlier, i won't be making reservation or getting a count until May anyway

jbeletti
12-04-2012, 12:24 PM
I focused on Monday for the golf because the rally starts Tuesday and I thought there would be less interest plus courses usually have more availability on Mondays. I'm flexible,(DW loves when I go golf) so some of you golfers let me know if you would do one of the other days. As I said earlier, i won't be making reservation or getting a count until May anyway

Gerry,

I'm thinking T, W, Th, Fri or Sat of the week "prior to" the rally. I'd like to work with you off-forum on a date that strikes a balance between being good for the participants and non-interfering with other pre-rally items being planned. The Monday prior to the rally start day will be day 1 of service work and I am trying to have as many people stay on-site as possible as most guys like to be there when their coach is being serviced.

jbeletti
12-04-2012, 12:26 PM
I thought it might help get it out there. I know I knew nothing of Heartland having a rally. We had intended on purchasing a Montana and seen that they had a ginormous rally that is what lead me to search to see if Heartland had anything like that. Had I not known of Montana's I may not have searched for Heartlands rally information. It was just an idea, I thought it might help promote the rally as well as the Heartland product. :D We did not buy our first used Heartland from a heartland dealer, and even if we had I think it is highly unlikely they would have told us about any rallies. I thought I would toss out the idea at any rate.

No worries - I appreciate your idea none-the-less and we'll look forward to seeing you at your first "big one".

jbeletti
12-04-2012, 12:28 PM
Oh my god. No munzees without a smart phone.

Maybe one of your most enthusiastic students (dare I say protégé) - Sally E can convince Nita to upgrade to a Smart Phone before she gets to Goshen! Hope you had a fun cruise Bernie!

jbeletti
12-04-2012, 12:32 PM
GREAT idea, I'll vote for that.

Nice try Bernie - pot stirrer :)

2011 Goshen returnees "will receive" their rally benefit with first shot at their 2011 site or a chance to get on an alternate site list. It will be a short time window, but I am committed to it. Just think Bernie, for the 2015 rally, as a Goshen 2013 rally returnee, you'll get first shot at your 2013 site - if you want it/liked it :)

jbeletti
12-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Kelsea and I are hoping to make it. Depends on how our new little one will be doing then. If we make it for the golf outing I would be interested.

Hope you guys can make it. Love to have an active military family there. Plus we've met and you're good peeps. Love to have good peeps at the rally! :)

Big Al and Donna
12-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Al, we really think it might happen so be sure to send me a text when it is time to register.

I'll call you the second after I register

GETnBYE
12-04-2012, 04:05 PM
I do need some help with tect issues, but it is mostly about having to tote around reading glasses to SEE the darn phone that is my problem and holding out as long as possible before I have to wear a necklace make of glasses around my neck.

Maybe one of your most enthusiastic students (dare I say protégé) - Sally E can convince Nita to upgrade to a Smart Phone before she gets to Goshen! Hope you had a fun cruise Bernie!

GETnBYE
12-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Wayne has officially put a vacation on the books for that weekend. We won't be able to come early but we knew that would never happen anyway. Let the party begin!!!!!!!!!!!! but not till WE GET THERE!! LOL

TGLBWH
12-04-2012, 05:28 PM
Hey Wayne, I can get Debbie to make you a nice necklace for the new glasses made out of Swarovski crystal if you like or one that says Heartland like her badge necklace. lol

ihsolutions
12-04-2012, 05:51 PM
2011 Goshen returnees "will receive" their rally benefit with first shot at their 2011 site or a chance to get on an alternate site list. :)

My request is going to be something like, "any site but my 2011 site". It was terrible. And not just because JohnDar was parked next to me! :)

olcoon
12-04-2012, 06:54 PM

You had better get one before the rally, or Bernie & Sally will bug the dickens out of you! I've had an iPhone about 2 weeks now, & Sally has left me alone...so far. She knows I can't do anything until this busted leg gets healed up!

She got quite a chuckle about your post, Jim!

jbeletti
12-04-2012, 11:03 PM
My request is going to be something like, "any site but my 2011 site". It was terrible. And not just because JohnDar was parked next to me! :)

You're not the only one who has mentioned they want to be "anywhere else". Most of those comments came from those that were in the full-hookup "in-field" sites. Then, some told me they liked their site there.

happykraut
12-05-2012, 07:59 AM
Nice try Bernie - pot stirrer :)

2011 Goshen returnees "will receive" their rally benefit with first shot at their 2011 site or a chance to get on an alternate site list. It will be a short time window, but I am committed to it. Just think Bernie, for the 2015 rally, as a Goshen 2013 rally returnee, you'll get first shot at your 2013 site - if you want it/liked it :)

Jim, better to stir the pot than be in it. LOL

happykraut
12-05-2012, 08:11 AM

I'm sure Sally E can do it. She talked Roy into stopping at every rest area from Wyoming down to the Hannibal rally to capture my munzees. He was ready to kill me when the finally arrived at the rally. PS.. the cruise was great. Got some caches and deployed a couple munzees in Cozumel too.

8paws
12-06-2012, 06:56 AM
When will be able to make reservations for the Goshen Rally?

jnbhobe
12-06-2012, 07:00 AM
When will be able to make reservations for the Goshen Rally?

JB says it will be the middle of January.

mcmartin
12-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Have not been able to attend the rally for the last couple of years but am looking forward to this one. Will reserve my spot ASAP thanks for the information

TXTiger
12-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Jim, do you have any idea regarding the cost per night for the rally? Trying to budget everything. Hope to make the rally in Gettysburg in May also.

olcoon
12-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Bernie,
Would you let me know the route you are taking to the rally ASAP? I'm trying to figure out what route I should take. Don't want to follow you, I'd like to get there about a week ahead of the rally...not take a week on the road to get there!!!!!!!:cool::o

jbeletti
12-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Jim, do you have any idea regarding the cost per night for the rally? Trying to budget everything. Hope to make the rally in Gettysburg in May also.

The rally rate has not yet been finalized. The rally rate will include of 5 nights camping. It should not be more than $300 - just to give you something to work with.

There will be a week of pre-rally. The pre-rally rate has yet to be determined as well. You will be able to signup for 1 to 7 days of pre-rally at the same time you register for the rally itself. Pre-rally begins June 11th.

Anyone wishing you arrive prior to the first pre-rally date of June 11th may do so by contacting the Fairgrounds to reserve only your dates prior to June 11th. The nightly camping rate for dates "prior to" the pre-rally (so, June 10 and earlier) will be at standard Fairgrounds rates of $21.40 (W/E) and $28.89 W/S/E).

Jim

jbeletti
12-12-2012, 10:27 PM
Have not been able to attend the rally for the last couple of years but am looking forward to this one. Will reserve my spot ASAP thanks for the information

Melvin,

Can't register just yet. We expect to have registration open around mid-January. Club member will be notified by email when registration is open.

cookie
12-13-2012, 09:34 AM
Bernie,
Would you let me know the route you are taking to the rally ASAP? I'm trying to figure out what route I should take. Don't want to follow you, I'd like to get there about a week ahead of the rally...not take a week on the road to get there!!!!!!!:cool::o
LOL.....Bernie said he is leaving in May. Don't want to miss any opportunities along the way.

Peace
Dave

ihsolutions
12-13-2012, 10:51 AM
You're not the only one who has mentioned they want to be "anywhere else". Most of those comments came from those that were in the full-hookup "in-field" sites. Then, some told me they liked their site there.

Yep, that's where we were. Those sites had just been developed or re-done, so the grass had not grown in, and since it had rained recently, everything was muddy. It's was only the second time, ever, that I had to use 4WD backing my camper into a campsite.

Then there was the whole issue with the sewer lines sticking a foot out of the ground. Lots of stinky-slinky-humping fun!

jbeletti
12-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Yesterday, I walked all the sites in the "Infield" area. While I can't help in the area of rain and a few high-mounted sewer pipes, I am able to delete some sites as just being not workable.

I ended up deleting 4 to 6 sites. While some want to try another location, others will jump at the chance to be in a FHU site in the Infield as opposed to being in a 30 amp W/E only site. So - it will all work out :)

TandT
12-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Jim, I'll take an infield site.
Where do I sign? :) Trace

2psnapod2
12-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Trace I was thinking the same thing......

happykraut
12-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Bernie,

Roy, sorry, but I just saw the post a minute ago. It's always better to get me by email. I check it all the time. My route will most likely be St. Louis to Indianapolis on I70. Then N on Hwy 31 to Hwy20 to Hwy33.

happykraut
12-13-2012, 11:03 PM
LOL.....Bernie said he is leaving in May. Don't want to miss any opportunities along the way.

Peace
Dave

Dave, I can't even find where I said that. I think it is more like around Jun9, but who knows things are always changing.

olcoon
12-14-2012, 01:44 AM
Dang, that's the general way I was planning on going...oh well if we follow you, guess at my age I need to stop at every rest area!!! :o

jbeletti
12-14-2012, 06:20 AM
Hi all,

Be aware that there will be road construction in Goshen that will alter the final leg of the route for many. Monroe Street which is also 34 will have a bridge replaced just west of the venue. This means coming in from 33 (the west) will not be possible. You can still come in on 33 for a stretch perhaps, then follow a detour route.

As we get well closer to the rally date, the status of the construction will be better known and alternate routes will be identified.

Again, this won't alter most people's route from where their coming from through most of the trip to Goshen - only the last leg once you get to town.

Maps and instructions to follow (in May).

Jim

Kbvols
12-14-2012, 06:54 AM
Bernie,
Take a look at taking hwy 24 by-pass around Peru IN, off 31 then North on 15 thru Warsaw, IN. 15 is a straight shot into Goshen and I believe will avoid the bridge detour Jim advised of. The 24 by-pass is 4 lane good road and 15 is decent road.

ncc1701e
12-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Jim,

What is the general means by which work on trailers is sheduled while at the rally? We have had this trip on our radar for some time now and I have some work I would like to discuss with the factory.

Tom

jbeletti
12-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Jim,

What is the general means by which work on trailers is sheduled while at the rally? We have had this trip on our radar for some time now and I have some work I would like to discuss with the factory.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Around the April time-frame, an email will be sent to all registered rally attendees notifying them that the Rally Service Request Process is now in place. The email will include some guidance on what can and cannot be worked on in the context of a rally. The email will include a link to a Service Request Form. You will be able to request 2-items for repair/adjustment. You will indicate when your arrival date is. Service will then make a schedule. Those arriving earliest will "likely" be serviced earlier in the week - though I have nothing to do with the scheduling, so I can't make a statement of certainty.

If you have warranty items on your new coach that need tending to - my suggestion is that if possible, you have a dealer take care of those in the spring. Then is something comes up between then and rally time - put that in for your request.

Jim

Vtxkid
12-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Well, Jim... since we are talking about service request, I need to get with someone there concerning a 3" area that shifts approximatley 1/8th of an inch on our 3010. The area is up front on the ODS underneath the front bedroom slide at the bottom trim area (same height as the pin box). I need to get the frame reinforced. Your thoughts?!?

jbeletti
12-22-2012, 12:15 AM
Well, Jim... since we are talking about service request, I need to get with someone there concerning a 3" area that shifts approximatley 1/8th of an inch on our 3010. The area is up front on the ODS underneath the front bedroom slide at the bottom trim area (same height as the pin box). I need to get the frame reinforced. Your thoughts?!?

Jerry - this sounds like something that can be looked at, at the rally. If a repair was needed, it would not be able to be done at the fairgrounds on your site at the rally. My suggestion is that you don't wait. That you contact Heartland next week to open a dialog on this. They will want pictures. They may want a dealership or servicer near you to review it. Better to know well sooner than the rally what you're dealing with.

rick_debbie_gallant
12-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Mr Beletti

Did I read somewhere about "specials" on hydraulic upgrade at the by"Gosh"en talley.

jbeletti
12-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Mr Beletti

Did I read somewhere about "specials" on hydraulic upgrade at the by"Gosh"en talley.

Not by me Rick. That said, I'm fairly certain Lippert, via Mobile Outfitters will have some product specials for rally attendees. We won't see anything on that until April/May - I'm guessing. Same for Dexter and Mor/ryde. Question is, how special will they be? Will they be better than standard retail pricing on their products? This is something I have no sense of.

rick_debbie_gallant
12-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Thanks JB, just thought you may have heard something.

Bobby A
12-29-2012, 04:06 PM
I haven't read all 119 posts, when is the open enrollment for the Rally ?? Don't wanna miss it.
Thanks,
Bobby A

cookie
12-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Bobby, you will be notified by email.
Sometime in mid January I think.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
12-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Cookie's got it right Bobby. We're shooting for mid-January, but don't fret if it's the end of January. All club members will be notified by email and on the forum.

jjwink
12-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Any chance you could get the MCD shades people to come as vendors now that Heartland is using them? We would love to replace these less than satisfactory day/nights. Our 2011 Rushmore already has 2 broken shades. I know the MCD's are special orders for each coach.

jbeletti
12-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Any chance you could get the MCD shades people to come as vendors now that Heartland is using them? We would love to replace these less than satisfactory day/nights. Our 2011 Rushmore already has 2 broken shades. I know the MCD's are special orders for each coach.

Well - not sure about this but I will consider asking them. Wondering how many people would be willing to pony up the cost to do a whole coach upgrade. And how many of those they'd feel would warrant coming out.

Ya know - Bradd and Hall Furniture is an MCD seller and installer and they are local. I've asked them to come out before and they've declined. But, maybe it's time. This - I will work on.

Jim

Speedy
12-30-2012, 12:43 AM
Ya know - Bradd and Hall Furniture is an MCD seller and installer and they are local. I've asked them to come out before and they've declined. But, maybe it's time. This - I will work on.

Jim

Please do. Rana is working on changing the window treatments and would like to change out the blinds for something different.

Bobby A
12-31-2012, 12:17 AM
Cookie's got it right Bobby. We're shooting for mid-January, but don't fret if it's the end of January. All club members will be notified by email and on the forum.

O.k. Thanks Dave and Jim, just didn't wanna miss anything. Happy New Year guys.

Mr.D
01-09-2013, 04:19 PM
JB, I have searched around to find info on the "Pre Rally" in June. Can't find a thing. Would like to have info as we are traveling from CA to IN and would like to spend as much time as possible with "our" people in the area.
Thanks

jbeletti
01-09-2013, 07:31 PM
JB, I have searched around to find info on the "Pre Rally" in June. Can't find a thing. Would like to have info as we are traveling from CA to IN and would like to spend as much time as possible with "our" people in the area.
Thanks

Hi Mr. D,

I have created a Pre-Rally page. Here's a link (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/35566). Take a look there to see what I've posted. If it doesn't answer your questions, please post questions there and I will do my best to respond.

happykraut
01-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Bernie,
Take a look at taking hwy 24 by-pass around Peru IN, off 31 then North on 15 thru Warsaw, IN. 15 is a straight shot into Goshen and I believe will avoid the bridge detour Jim advised of. The 24 by-pass is 4 lane good road and 15 is decent road.
Keith, sorry for not answering sooner, but I just saw your post. I changed my route to the way you suggested. Thanks a bunch.
PS..When I first joined the HOC, I always got notified when there was a new entry on some of the threads. That does not happen anymore and for the life of me I can't figure out how to subscribe to the different threads.

jbeletti
01-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Bernie,

From within any thread of interest, look towards the top of the screen for Thread Tools. Click it, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Viola!

happykraut
01-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Bernie,

From within any thread of interest, look towards the top of the screen for Thread Tools. Click it, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Viola!

Jim, that is the first place I looked. It says Unsubscribe from this thread, which tells me that I am subscribed, but I don't get any notifications.

jbeletti
01-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Bernie,

Go to your settings to review your Subscriptions and your notifications. Make sure you see the subscription to this thread listed. Make sure you have Instand Notification by email selected. Then, make sure the email address listed for you in your forum email settings is accurate.

Do you ever get any email from the forum? Email notifications of waiting PMs? Emails from other forum members?

happykraut
01-10-2013, 07:33 PM
Jim, all looks OK. Actually it shows that I have subscribed to 65 threads, but I never get any notifications. I have received some emails notifying me of PMs. I'll erase all those except for one or two. I sure would like to get this fixed. I miss out on so much. Thanks for your help.

jbeletti
01-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Bernie - I suggest you check your SBC spam and bulk folders to see if mail from heartlandowners.org is being flagged as spam. If not, then contact SBC to see what they can tell you about this. Finally, if you have an alternate email address that you'd like to try, do so and let's see how that works.

jbeletti
01-10-2013, 08:06 PM
Fred,

Hope you see this message. I received your "Rally Question" email tonight via the Heartland Owners Forum. I replied to it and it bounced at your RR email address. I turned on my PMs so I could send my reply to you via PM. I'm thinking your email address has changed and not updated on the forum??

Please send me another email via the forum and include in that message - your current email address. - thanks.

happykraut
01-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Jim, I'm receiving. Somehow my spam filter was catching the threads and then I saw where you thought it might be my filter. You got it right. Thanks for your help.

jbeletti
01-10-2013, 11:34 PM
Jim, I'm receiving. Somehow my spam filter was catching the threads and then I saw where you thought it might be my filter. You got it right. Thanks for your help.

Woohoo Bernie! glad you got it all straightened out.

happykraut
01-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Woohoo Bernie! glad you got it all straightened out.
Just got notified of your thread. What a deal.

jbeletti
01-11-2013, 12:25 AM
Just got notified of your thread. What a deal.

With 65 subscribed threads, you're going to be getting a lot of email notifications! Maybe activity has died down on a good many of them though.

happykraut
01-11-2013, 08:22 AM
Jim, those 65 threads were inadvertently created over the months with me trying to get notified. Yesterday I unsubscribed to all of them with the exception of 2 or 3.

tom p
01-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Jim I plan on being there friday the 14th and will help big al to park rigs. I under stand that we might not be able to get in till monday? Let me know what I can do to help. Thanks tom padovano(tom p)

jbeletti
01-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Jim I plan on being there friday the 14th and will help big al to park rigs. I under stand that we might not be able to get in till monday? Let me know what I can do to help. Thanks tom padovano(tom p)

Hi Tom,

Please get with Kevin on parking. He's the coordinator for that and will field his own team.

JohnDar
01-14-2013, 05:06 PM
Looks like we'll be attending. I think we'll try getting there on the 16th or 17th.

dalspot
01-18-2013, 04:58 PM
We are hoping to make it to our first national rally this year. <sigh> depends on the old dog. Work and time off restrict us to traveling out on the 15/16 and leaving on the 22. Do you pro-rate the rally fee depending on the number of nights one attends?
Thanks.

Karen

Joy & Jeff
01-18-2013, 08:49 PM
Did we miss registration? I haven't seen an email on any of my accounts.

cookie
01-18-2013, 09:16 PM
The registration email has not been sent just yet.
I am hoping to see it within a week or so.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti
01-18-2013, 09:16 PM
We are hoping to make it to our first national rally this year. <sigh> depends on the old dog. Work and time off restrict us to traveling out on the 15/16 and leaving on the 22. Do you pro-rate the rally fee depending on the number of nights one attends?
Thanks.

Karen

Karen - for this rally, the proration will be on the early days (pre-rally), prior to the rally. For the rally however, it's a 5 night event and the rally fee includes the 5 nights camping. Though it may seem a bit unfair to not pro-rate official rally nights, bear in mind that the overall rally fee is subsidized by about 50%.

Kevin and Henny White
01-20-2013, 02:14 PM
We are planning on going to Goshen rally leaving California looking for some advise as to which is the best route with the most to see and any suggestions on Rv parks along the way. Have never traveled this far and very unfamiliar with the states. Any help would be nice.
Thank you

olcoon
01-20-2013, 02:35 PM
If you wind up going through Kansas City, MO, there are a lot of interesting things to see & do, plus if you are interested we have Cabela's & Bass Pro in the area. If you do come through KC, send me a PM, with things you'd be interested in, & I can help you out. If we are still in town, maybe we could hook up & I'd probably be willing to be a tour guide.

jjwink
01-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Where will the pre-rally days be held?

jbeletti
01-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Where will the pre-rally days be held?

Jerry and Judy,

Here's a link (//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/35566-2013-Goshen-Rally-Pre-Rally-Info) to all the pre-rally info.

Kevin and Henny White
01-21-2013, 01:02 AM
Thank you we are working on our trip now. In the next couple of weeks we should know the routes I will get in touch with you.

Basketnut0
01-21-2013, 08:10 AM
When can we register for the rally!! want to get a spot!

grace1942
01-21-2013, 10:18 AM
Hello! I am a new member that is planning their first rally in Goshen in June, my question is, what is the process to sign up for the Rally, can we do this on this website, do we get an email from Heartland, any information will be a big help.

Thank You,

Sheila and Jimmy Gosnell

cookie
01-21-2013, 10:41 AM
You will get email notification.
Soon I hope.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jbeletti
01-21-2013, 11:33 AM
When can we register for the rally!! want to get a spot!

No date has been set for registration. Still shooting for this month. Members will be emailed when it opens.

codycarver
01-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Okay Jim, time for the big question. Will I be able to get my members grouped together???

jbeletti
01-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Okay Jim, time for the big question. Will I be able to get my members grouped together???

Hi Dave,

I can site groups in the water/power only sites. This is my only "green field" area where no one was at in 2011. We will provide 2 pump outs during the rally period (June 18-23). Pre-rally attendees will have to use a dump site or tote.

jbeletti
01-26-2013, 12:53 AM
WE ARE CLOSE!

Site is in final stages of being proofed. Testing begins in a day or two. Anticipating registration in a week or so.

Silverado23
01-26-2013, 01:08 PM
What kinds of activities are there for young kids (between ages 3 and 10) to do at this rally?

olcoon
01-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Take your time Jim, hurry up every chance you get!!! :):angel:

jbeletti
01-26-2013, 05:57 PM
What kinds of activities are there for young kids (between ages 3 and 10) to do at this rally?

While we welcome families with children/grand children, we currently have no activities planned that are geared towards children. That said, the entire rally will be family friendly.

codycarver
01-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Take your time Jim, hurry up every chance you get!!! ����
Gee Whiz Roy you need a time out or something, relax, good things come to those that wait.....of coarse, since Amy said we could go I haven't gone to bed... Sitting here waiting for the email and I'm running low on coffee and Jolt and my bucket's full.... HELP

jayc
01-26-2013, 07:50 PM
LOL @ Dave...

JMVford
01-26-2013, 11:17 PM
We can't wait to register. Our first National Rally. Soooo excited. Soon?

VKTalley
01-26-2013, 11:25 PM
We can't wait to register. Our first National Rally. Soooo excited. Soon?

Same for the Talleys too. Our first National Rally and we are super excited. How much longer do we have to wait to register, Jim?

Kbvols
01-27-2013, 12:08 AM
We have never been to a rally and are considering the Goshen rally. I am sure this is a dumb question but what exactly takes place at a rally? Just courious??

Rodbuster
01-27-2013, 07:37 AM
Kbvols, let me see if I can answer you. My wife and I have only been to 3 rallys but all 3 have run just about the same. You would think that they would change or mix things up a bit, but no, they're all the same.

The first day is just "fun". The second day you will meet new people and have more "fun". The third day, you will probably meet still more people that will get together with the people you met the day before and once again, you will have alot of "fun". On the 4th day, people get up and walk around the campground with a cup of coffee talking to all the new friends that they have met. The conversation is usually about the next planned rally and if you plan on attending so you can have some more..... "FUN".

Looking forward to meeting you at the rally and having "fun".

Dick

happykraut
01-27-2013, 08:18 AM
We have never been to a rally and are considering the Goshen rally. I am sure this is a dumb question but what exactly takes place at a rally? Just courious??
Expect to meet a lot of very fun people. You'll make many new friends that you will run into in rallies down the road. We help each other out when we have problems with our rigs. We show off modifications that we've made to our rigs. Many potluck dinners and eating out. Campfire chats. Planned day trips. We play games like bocci ball, beanbag toss, washers, ladder golf etc. Beer tasting and wine tasting at the Lake Delton rally last year. Wine tasting at the Hannibal rally. The list goes on and on. I'm sure I missed a bunch of activities, but the bottom line is...you will have fun.

Kbvols
01-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Rod buster lol fun,fun,fun..Everybody's Happy...Bernie..ok you hooked with the beer tasting!! DW n I originally from MO south of St Louis. St Charles nice area father in law loves the boats....thanks for Rally info perhaps we'll meet in Goshen.

danemayer
01-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Hi kbvols,

First of all there's the social aspect, which by itself makes the rally amazing, but there's much more..

The national rally is a bit different from local rallies. There are usually a load of seminars presented by industry experts, which includes an opportunity to get questions answered by reps from companies like Dometic, Lippert, Dexter and others. There are a select number of vendors participating, affording an opportunity to see and buy things you may have heard about. There are a couple of very nice dinners with entertainment and significant door prize giveaways - in the past including some very nice prizes like big screen TVs. There's typically an opportunity to get your rig weighed and get a report that shows individual wheel loads and analysis of whether you're over or under. There will likely be special vendor deals offering significant savings on upgrades you might be considering.

A lot of the seminars seem to draw the men in, but last year the ladies also had a pretty full schedule of activities tailored for them.

This is what it's been like at the last 2 national rallies. I can't predict exactly how 2013's will unfold, but I'm sure it will be a great time. I highly recommend going.

happykraut
01-27-2013, 09:33 AM
Rod buster lol fun,fun,fun..Everybody's Happy...Bernie..ok you hooked with the beer tasting!! DW n I originally from MO south of St Louis. St Charles nice area father in law loves the boats....thanks for Rally info perhaps we'll meet in Goshen.
Actually, I'm not even a beer drinker(truly against my German heritage), but just trying to point out some of the things we've done in the past. That'd be great if we could hook up in Goshen.

TravelTiger
01-27-2013, 09:50 AM

One thing's for sure, you can't take a walk around the park at a Rally. Too many friendly Heartlanders will stop you and talk your ear off, invite you inside their rig, or want you to play, drink, or relax with them. :)

2psnapod1
01-27-2013, 07:42 PM
So you see....at a local rally you have 'fun'! But at a national rally it's on a much grander scale...so you have 'FUN'!!
Ericka is right that a walk around an RV park that might normally take 15 - 20 minutes can take 2-3 hours or more as you'll stop or be stopped numerous times to chat with all your new found friends....or as we like to call them 'family'!

JWalker
01-27-2013, 08:37 PM

Our daughter was 9 when we were there last. She had a wonderful time. She rode her bike everywhere. It may sounds a little weird, but we felt so safe with her at the rally. We knew a few people from other Heartland rallies, but everyone felt like family. We should be on site 428 in a North Trail, if your kids need someone to hang out with.

jbeletti
01-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Our daughter was 9 when we were there last. She had a wonderful time. She rode her bike everywhere. It may sounds a little weird, but we felt so safe with her at the rally. We knew a few people from other Heartland rallies, but everyone felt like family. We should be on site 428 in a North Trail, if your kids need someone to hang out with.

Hi Jamie and Ginger,

We look forward to seeing Madison once again! You guys too :)

For anyone,

If someone desires to step forward to be the volunteer coordinator (creator/owner/team member) of a kids program, that would be awesome. The lower level meeting room will only be used a few times during the rally and could be made available for any indoor kids activities. Then of course - there's the whole great outdoors.

Jim

TXTiger
01-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Hay Jim,

We are in the last week of Jan. Are we getting close to opening up the registration process for the rally? Just wondering. I already have it planned in my summer travel schedule so no worries!!!

cookie
01-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Rally registration testing will begin in a few days followed by some tweaking.
Hopefully won't have to wait too much longer. We are all anxiously waiting for that email notification.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Joy & Jeff
01-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Cookie,

Thanks for the update. Jeff and I are anxiously awaiting the opening of registration since we have to plan our fun around work.

Joy

Kevin and Henny White
01-29-2013, 11:41 AM
Checking Dailey for that email too but I see no worries looks like it will be more like first week in February.i believe I read somewhere is would be open for a day or two for a few select members then work out any problems then open to chapter leaders then those who attended 2011 and then open to current members correct ? So we are looking at another week at least. No worries!

2psnapod2
01-29-2013, 12:24 PM
It should open for those that were there in 2012 this week.

Vtxkid
01-29-2013, 04:57 PM
It should open for those that were there in 2012 this week.

Year 2011

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

bighornby
01-30-2013, 07:45 AM
hi jim......glad we were able to chat for a few minutes while we were at the tampa rv show a few weeks ago. we may have recruited a new heartland member from michigan and correct me if i'm wrong, but did you say a new member can join for the first year free to see what joining the owners club is like? i did say this to the michigonians and they are very interested, but want to make sure i am right. when you have a moment jim let me know so i can confirm with them. anxiously waiting for invite to goshen! take care jim.

jbeletti
01-30-2013, 08:13 AM
hi jim......glad we were able to chat for a few minutes while we were at the tampa rv show a few weeks ago. we may have recruited a new heartland member from michigan and correct me if i'm wrong, but did you say a new member can join for the first year free to see what joining the owners club is like? i did say this to the michigonians and they are very interested, but want to make sure i am right. when you have a moment jim let me know so i can confirm with them. anxiously waiting for invite to goshen! take care jim.

Hi Mike and Donna,

Yes, we have an Introductory Membership type can be thought of as a "trial membership". Kindly send new club member recruits to heartlandowners.org/club and all the information about the club and this member type can be found there.

Thanks!

Jim

jbeletti
01-30-2013, 08:17 AM
Hello Heartland Owners Club Members,

Just a heads-up for you that we're just 2-days away (Friday, February 1) from opening registration for all club members for the 2013 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Goshen, Indiana!

The system has been programmed and some test registrations have been done. Some minor tweaks to do later today and that's about it.

Please do me a favor and refrain from sending Julie or I PMs or emails about this. We simply don't the man power to reply to hundreds of individual emails on this topic. Rather, please take your discussion and questions right here to this rally discussion thread.

Once you've made your registration, feel free to contact Julie or I via the links in the rally registration confirmation page with questions that you can't find the answer to on the rally forum.

Thank you,

recumbent615
01-30-2013, 04:29 PM
YAY!!! OH Boy OH Boy - We're going Camping !!!

dgilton
01-30-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi. We are new members and we want to go to the Goshen Rally this year. I noticed registration for previous attendees register first. When will it open for new members to register?

JMVford
01-30-2013, 10:05 PM
Where do we go to register? Will we receive an e-mail? This is going to be our first National Rally soooo "We need help"!
Thanx
Mike & Jodi Vanderford

shovelguy
01-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Hello Heartland Owners Club Members,

Just a heads-up for you that we're just 2-days away (Friday, February 1) from opening registration for all club members for the 2013 North American Heartland Owners Rally in Goshen, Indiana!

The system has been programmed and some test registrations have been done. Some minor tweaks to do later today and that's about it.

Please do me a favor and refrain from sending Julie or I PMs or emails about this. We simply don't the man power to reply to hundreds of individual emails on this topic. Rather, please take your discussion and questions right here to this rally discussion thread.

Once you've made your registration, feel free to contact Julie or I via the links in the rally registration confirmation page with questions that you can't find the answer to on the rally forum.

Thank you,
So, I am trying to find the cost somewhere. Can someone help? J

2psnapod2
01-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Just start with about 1,000 and that will get you started! :o Really I think the cost is controlled on how much you want to do. Most of the extra costs will be from the Pre-rally. But you only have to do what you want and can afford. I believe all the costs will be on the sign up sheet.

jayc
01-30-2013, 11:02 PM
I think the basic rally-only cost will be somewhere around $275. This will include camping fees, seminars, meals and tours. Additional costs for tours, trips and meals will be laid out and explained in the announcement. Jim is working hard right now ironing out the details of registration and I'm sure he will explain this much better than I.

It won't be long now!!!

jbeletti
01-30-2013, 11:23 PM
Hi. We are new members and we want to go to the Goshen Rally this year. I noticed registration for previous attendees register first. When will it open for new members to register?

Late in the day this Friday for all Club Members. 2011 returnees will be able to reclaim their 2011 site if they wish.

With 300 sites budgeted, I don't expect this rally to sell out. But it wil be big and we will have fun!

jbeletti
01-30-2013, 11:25 PM
Dean and Jodi,

It's $275 for a club member rig with up to 2 people in the rig.

Toy1Ton
01-30-2013, 11:27 PM
how many attended in 2011?

jbeletti
01-30-2013, 11:28 PM
Where do we go to register? Will we receive an e-mail? This is going to be our first National Rally soooo "We need help"!
Thanx
Mike & Jodi Vanderford

Late this Friday you'll receive an email notification. It will contain a link to the rally registration site. All club member email addresses will be loaded in the system. When you log in, you will use your club member email address and it will validate you. Then you start going through the process. Takes 10 to 15 minutes to read through, make your choices and pay.

jbeletti
01-30-2013, 11:42 PM
how many attended in 2011?

About 133 rigs. < wrong

Corrected: About 217

porthole
01-31-2013, 01:03 AM
About 133 rigs.

I thought it was 225?

Chainsaw
01-31-2013, 01:27 AM
Jim
I just registered and then recalled reading that we would be charged on our CC for any extra days pre rally, I did not see a space where I could make note when we would arrive. I did book the golf cart for 7 days, Sun to Sat
Don

Vtxkid
01-31-2013, 06:07 AM
About 133 rigs.

I'm with Duane, I thought it was in the 225 area too...

navyAZ1
01-31-2013, 07:40 AM
Hey Jim, will it be everyone receiving their e-mail "late Friday" or will returning members receive theirs earlier? Reason I ask is I have a meeting with some clients Friday morning and don't want to miss my chance to get my old site.

Thanks,

Ron

navyAZ1
01-31-2013, 07:54 AM
Here's another dumb question, I can't remember the site number we were on the last two times in Goshen. Any idea where I might find that? I looked at the site map of the fairgrounds but the area we were in doesn't give specific site numbers it just listed that area as site #401 to 4??. If I could find a site map with the individual site #'s I know which site we were in I just can't remember exact number. Or does this even matter, will the registration recognize my name and offer the old site #?

jbeletti
01-31-2013, 08:29 AM
Here's another dumb question, I can't remember the site number we were on the last two times in Goshen. Any idea where I might find that? I looked at the site map of the fairgrounds but the area we were in doesn't give specific site numbers it just listed that area as site #401 to 4??. If I could find a site map with the individual site #'s I know which site we were in I just can't remember exact number. Or does this even matter, will the registration recognize my name and offer the old site #?

Ron - there is a link in the registration process that you will click on to see a list of names of 2011 attendees and their site numbers.

jbeletti
01-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Hey Jim, will it be everyone receiving their e-mail "late Friday" or will returning members receive theirs earlier? Reason I ask is I have a meeting with some clients Friday morning and don't want to miss my chance to get my old site.

Thanks,

Ron

Ron - because I'm confident this rally will not sell-out, at least not immediately - I'm going to open it to all club members at the same time. Either way, only you will get first shot at your 2011 site. It's all good :)

jbeletti
01-31-2013, 08:32 AM
I'm with Duane, I thought it was in the 225 area too...

Ah! You're right. I looked at 2012 Gillette by mistake. 2011 Goshen was 217 per RegOnline. I sit corrected :)

jbeletti
01-31-2013, 08:35 AM
Jim
I just registered and then recalled reading that we would be charged on our CC for any extra days pre rally, I did not see a space where I could make note when we would arrive. I did book the golf cart for 7 days, Sun to Sat
Don

Don,

Go back to the registration site and click on Edit my Registration. You did not select any pre-rally events either. So - a lot of items for you to think about and select. Let me know (via email) if you have trouble.

JWalker
01-31-2013, 08:47 AM

I found These.....

http://i45.tinypic.com/k2cpz6.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/1z1vds0.jpg

TravelTiger
01-31-2013, 08:49 AM
I haven't received any emails regarding registration.... Only seeing what's posted here?

2psnapod1
01-31-2013, 09:38 AM
Erika - We received an email about 5:00 am this morning saying that registration would be open open to everyone late Friday afternoon. The email came from 'clubmgr' but was signed by Jim. Maybe it's in your spam? Actual registration is only open to Moderators and Chapter leaders at this point...so that they can ensure that all kinks are worked out before inviting everyone else to register. Does that answer your question?

rfournelle
01-31-2013, 09:42 AM
What is the process if we wish to leave later than Jun 23?

jdfishing
01-31-2013, 09:48 AM
Do we request a specific site when registering or is the site assigned? If it is assigned, can we request to be placed next to someone? Just to clarify, does the registration process include the pre-rally also?

TravelTiger
01-31-2013, 09:49 AM
Erika - We received an email about 5:00 am this morning saying that registration would be open open to everyone late Friday afternoon. The email came from 'clubmgr' but was signed by Jim. Maybe it's in your spam? Actual registration is only open to Moderators and Chapter leaders at this point...so that they can ensure that all kinks are worked out before inviting everyone else to register. Does that answer your question?

No I haven't received anything from Jim regarding registration. Checked span filter last night.

What is the exact email, I can contact my host and see if it was blacklisted for some reason.

katkens
01-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Do we request a specific site when registering or is the site assigned? If it is assigned, can we request to be placed next to someone? Just to clarify, does the registration process include the pre-rally also?

There is no means to request a specific site unless you were at the 2011 Rally and want your previous site number. The pre - rally is included in the registration and can pick what number of days you want to come early. It will also give you the extras ,tours, dinners ext. to view if deciding to do the extras. Your other question I can't answer about assigning sites next to someone.

navyAZ1
01-31-2013, 10:48 AM
Ron - because I'm confident this rally will not sell-out, at least not immediately - I'm going to open it to all club members at the same time. Either way, only you will get first shot at your 2011 site. It's all good :)

Wooooo Hooooo, thanks for the quick response. We are looking forward to another great rally.

Thanks Jim

jbeletti
01-31-2013, 11:35 AM

Okay - here's what's happening...

vBulletin is the software used for the forum. It has a built-in email system/email server. Recently, vBulletin implemented a mail queue system in the email process. What this does is dribble out the emails over a longer period of time. This was implemented so that other email servers (i.e. Yahoo, Gmail etc.) don't look at our mail server as a spammer and put us on a black list. Trouble with this is that the mail is s-l-o-w-l-y delivered.

So - what we're doing instead, for Goshen Rally Registration emails is we've created 4 mailing lists (Regional Directors, Chapter Leaders, Wagonmasters and All Club Members). Then, we're using the Club's Gmail address to send Goshen Rally Registration email out. I believe this is working well. We sent notes last night to RDs and CLs, asking them to register now. They in turn register and give us feedback on the process so we know if we're good to go to send to all members or not.

jbeletti
01-31-2013, 11:39 AM
There is no means to request a specific site unless you were at the 2011 Rally and want your previous site number. The pre - rally is included in the registration and can pick what number of days you want to come early. It will also give you the extras ,tours, dinners ext. to view if deciding to do the extras. Your other question I can't answer about assigning sites next to someone.

Kenny has this right. Thanks for the help - friend :)

With regard to group siting, it's going to be really hard to do as this is not a greenfield sort of venue for us. We've come here for what will be 5 years now. That means there are plenty who will want their 2011 site back. This means it the remaining sites on the map will look like Swiss cheese. A hole here, a hole there. But not large chunks of spaces to put a group. That said, the location on-site where our pre-rally will be held is a huge grassy area where they will roll out temp power and water for us. Some rally attendees will remain on those sites. If a group of 2 or more wanted to be sited together, that location is where I may have opportunity for group sitings.

Bobby A
01-31-2013, 12:11 PM
So does this mean we can start registering anytime after midnight ??

jbeletti
01-31-2013, 12:53 PM
So does this mean we can start registering anytime after midnight ??

Anytime after you get the email tomorrow night.

Doublegranch
01-31-2013, 03:32 PM
OKay...since I am still new to this, I did attend the National rally in Wyo last year...my first.. Is this the National rally????? I googled the site and it appears on the map that only 74 sites are available at the 4 H Center....Can this be correct? If so, will others be placed in grass areas and no hook ups? I am driving from AZ and have no desire to dry camp after traveling all this way....Please help me out here as I am still not sure how all this works.
Garry

katkens-DW
01-31-2013, 04:06 PM
I don't think any one will have to dry camp Water and ELC will be provided. There will be 300 sites to fill. I am sure someone will come back and add more.. Here is the rally link //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/33871-2013-Goshen-Rally-Dates-and-Sites

Doublegranch
01-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Kathy & Ken:
Thanks...so guess you will have to hook up and move your trailer when you need to dump....I have a Northtrail and only 30 gals waste in each tank....doesn't take long if you shower...that could
be a draw back if a dump site isn't close by. The google maps didn't show any dump station, so not sure where it would be.
Garry

truknutt
01-31-2013, 04:33 PM
Kathy & Ken:
Thanks...so guess you will have to hook up and move your trailer when you need to dump....I have a Northtrail and only 30 gals waste in each tank....doesn't take long if you shower...that could
be a draw back if a dump site isn't close by. The google maps didn't show any dump station, so not sure where it would be.
Garry

Rally Sites:
We will have about 200+ full-hookup (mostly 30 amp and some 50 amp) sites and up to 100 power (30 amp) and water (no sewer) sites. Pricing will be the same for all sites. Sites without sewer will include a pump-out service that will come every few days (schedule to be determined).

Randy
01-31-2013, 06:13 PM
Jim, Santha and I just registered. Every thing worked well. Thanks to you and Julie.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Kbvols
01-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Jim and prior attendee's , Thanks for all the great information you are providing and sharing..have never been to a rally so looking forward to. I am just hoping to get a site by the Goshen Ocean...lol just kidding...hope that doesn't open a can of worms. I get to Goshen on a regular basis with work if you would need my assistance with anything let know and I will do what I can.

katkens-DW
01-31-2013, 07:04 PM
There are 10 dump station but they also have a honey wagon coming around..

Basketnut0
01-31-2013, 09:15 PM
Hi it sounds like everyone has there spots so most new people won't get in! I don 't even know where do you register to try to get a spot!? I got am email but it sounds like most have already registered!

olcoon
01-31-2013, 09:20 PM
For navyAZ1,
Ron, us swabbies have got to stick together, I've got your back. I've still got the 2011 attendee list on my computer. You were in site NW467. That Boy Scout training is still paying off! See you in Goshen!

Roy

Nabo
01-31-2013, 09:26 PM
Basketnut - don't worry, there is plenty of room so don't be discouraged. Go ahead and register once you receive the email which has the link to the registration website. FYI - you will need the VIN number of your coach to be able to register.

codycarver
01-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Hi it sounds like everyone has there spots so most new people won't get in! I don 't even know where do you register to try to get a spot!? I got am email but it sounds like most have already registered!

Don't worry, Registration has barely begun. There will be plenty of room for you too. If your an HOC member you will get your email tomorrow sometime.

TGLBWH
01-31-2013, 11:03 PM
I believe the only ones registering today were directors and chapter leaders. Should be a lot of sites if you register as soon as you get your email

happykraut
01-31-2013, 11:08 PM
I believe the only ones registering today were directors and chapter leaders. Should be a lot of sites if you register as soon as you get your email
And moderators.

jbeletti
01-31-2013, 11:08 PM

Jerry has this correct. Less than 10% of all rally spots have been registered. Small issues are still being turned up and dealt with in real-time.

jbeletti
01-31-2013, 11:10 PM
And moderators.

Yup - they were the first live registration testers. Some of them spent 1 to 2 hours doing their reviews of the process, typing them up and sending them in. They found a lot of stuff that needed tweaking. Love those guys!

TXTiger
02-01-2013, 10:30 AM
its 7:30 PST, 10:30 EST. Has registration started yet? I haven't received an email yet! Just getting anxious I guess!!!

jbeletti
02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
its 7:30 PST, 10:30 EST. Has registration started yet? I haven't received an email yet! Just getting anxious I guess!!!

Add PM to those and you're close! Just added the Elkhart Tour day schedule to the documentation thread. Check it out.

Heading to Mexico now. If registration does not open tonight, I got abducted :)

JohnDar
02-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Add PM to those and you're close! Just added the Elkhart Tour day schedule to the documentation thread. Check it out.

Oh sure! Here we all are waiting anxiously for our fearless leader to open the rally registration and he runs off and abdicates to Mexico. Just goes to show ya that there aren't any more heroes.;) Have fun, don't drink the water, and don't bring back any powdery souveniers.

Vtxkid
02-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Jim, before you get abducted, I double checked my email address on the forum and it was my work email address so I changed it to my home email address this morning since it's Friday... Just wondering if the system will lock on to the new email address when the registration link is sent to us this evening?!?

TandT
02-01-2013, 11:11 AM

Tony,
We have 2200 miles, so we should probably leave soon. LOL Trace

cookie
02-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Jim has been working at a feverish pace to get this rally under way.
This is what his cursor looks like (http://www.flamingcursor.com/).

Peace
Dave

navyAZ1
02-01-2013, 11:39 AM

Yikes, be careful coming back across the boarder! Don't do like I did back in 1975, me and a shipmate (who is of Mexican decent) had been to TJ and were coming back into San Diego, the BP stuck his head in the window of my car and asked "are you both US citizens?". Well thinking I was being funny I stated "I am but I'm not sure about him" pointing towards my shipmate. OMG, let me tell you they saw no humor in this at all (nor did my shipmate), they pulled us over to the side pulled my shipmate out of the car put him in this little room, and 2 hours later they finally let us go after they checked out my shipmate short of the cavity search, and gave me an education on boarder crossing ediquite!

Hope y'all have fun,

Ron

TandT
02-01-2013, 11:41 AM

Peace
Dave

Dave,
If your with him in Mexico, buy him a beer on us. LOL Trace

JohnDar
02-01-2013, 12:39 PM

Peace
Dave

Good one, but I was expecting to see Mickey Mouse with his hands on his chest, tongue hanging out, and X's in his eyes.

J-W&E
02-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Monitor Help Needed Please.
Our friends Ed and Ellen - Heartland Club #1836 are unable to get signed into the forum. Could a moderator please help them so they will be able to register for the Rally.

happykraut
02-01-2013, 02:10 PM

Jim, you're killing me.

wkrueger
02-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Can anyone tell me what the latest is on progress or the process of the registration process? Have emails gone out to the new campers for this year's Goshen rally yet? I changed my email yesterday finding it was to an email that I closed. :confused: Have not seen anything today and don't want to blow this for my Dad?

Yep this is his daughter that does his Internet surfing and registering stuff for him :angel:

codycarver
02-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Can anyone tell me what the latest is on progress or the process of the registration process? Have emails gone out to the new campers for this year's Goshen rally yet? I changed my email yesterday finding it was to an email that I closed. :confused: Have not seen anything today and don't want to blow this for my Dad?

Yep this is his daughter that does his Internet surfing and registering stuff for him :angel:

E-mails will start rolling out later today.

cookie
02-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Monitor Help Needed Please.
Our friends Ed and Ellen - Heartland Club #1836 are unable to get signed into the forum. Could a moderator please help them so they will be able to register for the Rally.

Done.

Peace
Dave

katkens-DW
02-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Way to go Dave!!

dalspot
02-01-2013, 03:42 PM
I"m sure one of us is going to post a "whoo hooo I just registered" here. Subscribe to the thread with the "Thread Tools" up to and you'll get notified of any new posts :)

[QUOTE=wkrueger;288033]Can anyone tell me what the latest is on progress or the process of the registration process? Have emails gone out to the new campers for this year's Goshen rally yet? I changed my email yesterday finding it was to an email that I closed. :confused: Have not seen anything today and don't want to blow this for my Dad?