best wax?

GarryH

There are a lot of waxes out there, all maintain they are the best.
Does anyone have a recommendation on a good wax. I have read about Rejex and it sounds good and may be best for the front cap to stop bugs from sticking. Anyway does anyone have a good wax to recommend?
Thanks
(forget about this post---I found lots of other posts on wax---I should do my research first)

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have had very good luck with Rejex. (So far)

We use it on all hard surfaces. Stickers and all.

I believe it is more of a maintainer, than a restorer.
In other words, if your rig still looks good, I believe it will keep it that way.
I would recommend using it before you have any oxidation.

People comment on how shiney our BH is, after almost two years. Trace

donr827

A lot depends on the shape of your fiberglass exterior. I have used the McGuire's brand of boat cleaners-wax depending on the condition of the fiberglass.
Don

zigzag3337

Liquid Glass. It's expensive in my book $26/pint, but it contains no wax or any abrasives. I used it when I showed my truck and now on the camper. Very easy to apply as it does not require any buffing. Just a lot of elbow grease....

scottyb

Another vote for Rejex used it on our 09 and now on the Landmark. Great product.

How far does a 16 oz bottle get you and how often do you have to apply it? Found it on amazon for 19.95 and free shipping for Prime members.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
16oz should do your rig a couple of times or nearly so. I use it on the caps only about four times a year and my 16oz is still going after two years. From the Rejex website:

The RejeX coating is very thin (approximately 1 micron), so a little goes a very long way. A 16 oz. bottle should cover:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• A typical single-engine airplane tip to tail
• A 35’ boat or RV
• 3 regular SUVs or large sedans
• 4 economy or sports cars[/FONT]

scottyb

16oz should do your rig a couple of times or nearly so. I use it on the caps only about four times a year and my 16oz is still going after two years. From the Rejex website:

The RejeX coating is very thin (approximately 1 micron), so a little goes a very long way. A 16 oz. bottle should cover:
• A typical single-engine airplane tip to tail
• A 35’ boat or RV
• 3 regular SUVs or large sedans
• 4 economy or sports cars

Thanks for that. So you only do the cap or you only do the cap 4 times / year?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have used Rejex and it is good on the front. It helps get the bugs off. However if you do not have a good finish it will not do well. A person Ifound that sold Rejex confirmed what I found and said to use Finesse-It.

However I like the thread that pointed to this RV.net thread about Red Max Pro. I need a lot of work to get my 2008 BH to shine again.

Who posted the RV.net thread on this forum?

BC

sjs731

I used about 3/4 of a 16 oz. bottle on my rig and it is about 35' long. Bugs come right off even after sitting. Black streaks wipe right off too.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Thanks for that. So you only do the cap or you only do the cap 4 times / year?

I do the cap at least 4 times a year simply because that is what I do! Keeping the RV and bike looking new is my therapy! :) Keeping the gray caps from fading is a chore. The Rejex has slowed that process but it is beginning to turn white in areas!

1231ChaseB

I use this stuff called Optimum and only because it has a UV thing in it ! Maybe the other's do too ? Anyway i like the ease of using it !
chaseb