Fresh water drain location

Buford

On a 2011 Elk Ridge 27RLS. I have found the hot and cold low point drains but cannot find the fresh tank drain. There is nothing else coming through the bottom membrane, and I have looked on the frame. I did find a strange device coming through side of the frame facing the center of the folding steps. See attached pic. The device had about an inch and a half flange mounted flush to the frame and in the center had an 1/8 inch steel tube protruding with a clevis pin perpendicular to the end--perhaps a handle, perhaps some kind of a stop. The device does have some give and take like it might be attached to a drain line but if it is the valve I don't know where the water would exit. I have seen the posts about where the tank is and that the drain is usually forward of the tank. That is well and good, I need to find the drain. Fresh water tank is gravity fed. No Anderson Valves. Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• 20220912_205902.jpg
    20220912_205902.jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 14

Dahillbilly

that looks like where the handle goes to manually crank out a slide. The drain could be tucked up above the membrane to kep it from freezing, you will have to try looking above for it

david-steph2018

As Dahillbilly said, it is probably up inside the underbelly. So, you will need to get under the rig on the passenger side around the axles. Look to see if you can find any taped-up areas or a cut. Open that up and feel in there to see if the drain valve is there. There should be a drain valve similar to the low point blue drain line.

Buford

I appreciate your replies. I have been reluctant to open up the underbelly but looks like the only solution. Dahillbilly, you are probably correct in the function of the device in the pic. The manual crank would fit there nicely. I will research that a bit. Will let you know what I find when I get around to working on it. Thanks,

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Before cutting the coroplast, remove enough of the screws holding it to the frame so you can pull it down enough to look inside. That way you’ll know if it’s there and where you need to cut an access flap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buford

Appreciate all the help. Now, can any of you recommend a good optician. Drain was hanging down in plain sight between the axels on the driver's side. You do have to crawl under camper to access the drain. To make matters worse, there was a label on the outside of the camper over the tire well stating "fresh water drain." Even though I had crawled under camper looking all around and looking for label like provided for the low point drains I didn't see either. Bless you for helping the blind.