fresh water tank

roy2

i think i have a problem i had water dripping out BY my fresh water tank drain. wasnt coming out the drain itself coming out the cardboard cover.no water was coming out the overflow drains. i opened the drain for my water tank water came out.now i havent used my water tank for years.my anderson valve it frozen on the city water.so now what is my problem why is water comeing out i guess my water tank some wear under there its leaking water some how.i dont think its the water tank i think its before the tank some how. now i turned the water off for a while turned it back on and it stoped dripping water. it stoped for a week or two.it started dripping again the water drain on the tank is still open no water comeing out of it.its dripping just like it did the first time.i turned the water off again for a while and when i turned it back on it stopped just like the first time. now i did take off the wall were the anderson valve is.ever thing looked good there.i looked down in side the bottom it was all dry in there.so i guess im going to have to take the bottom off to check it out dont realy want to but i guess i ll have to.im just wondering when is water getting there since the valve is frozen on city water.

6.7LMegaCab

Not certain if you have double tanks or not, but I had a similar problem, but with double tanks. What it ended up being was where the two connect together, whoever installed it didn't cut the frame properly and left a jagged piece where it eventually wore through the center where the two connected. The male side of one tank was ruined, so I could only fill the tanks half full. The other contributing factor was the Anderson valve was filling the tanks while on city. Until I was able to replace the valve, I had to install a shutoff valve on the line going to the tank.

Since it sounds like your water issue is below, your best bet will be to drop the bottom, as you mentioned to get a closer look. It seems like the Anderson valve is filling the tank while on city causing it to overflow somewhere or there may be a crack in the tank or a line.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

roy2

thanks for your help guys not sure i have double tanks under there and thanks for your comment about the check valve .that was the problem. im still going to drop that cover just to see what i have under there. Thanks again.

CoveredWagon

thanks for your help guys not sure i have double tanks under there and thanks for your comment about the check valve .that was the problem. im still going to drop that cover just to see what i have under there. Thanks again.
Just add an external check valve, don't replace the pump, unless it's not working 😂

roy2

thanks they replaced the pump to.im not sure if the pump was working or not i havent used the pump or the water tank since i got the trailer. thanks again have a good one.